[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How are boats since the launcher change?

PrototypemindPrototypemind
Vindictus Rep: 8,530
in General Discussion
East during prime time has been bad. Friends list is less active, fewer regulars active, fewer trains, and people having to mega often for QB boats that used to fill up instantly. I used to have to hold off helping lowbies just to make sure that enough people who needed to get xp could get in runs. Now if 90s don't fill up most of the spots the lower level raids don't even happen.

Not looking good at all from what I'm seeing, but thought I'd get other's perspectives.

Comments

• TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    I disagreed when they put in the global launcher a year or so ago. I got around it with direct launch. Now they removed direct launch, and my stance still hasn't changed on the global launcher. My personal feeling, the game population tanked, and is still tanking because Nexon/devcat apparently think making two wrong turns makes a right turn when the reality is that it's just two wrong turns...
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Even the people who would run Neamhain all week are starting to just cap on Mondays. Activity is at a low all across the board.
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    And boring events don't help much keeping people playing...

Was really looking forward to, at least, some decent Easter Event but we got, IMO, one of the most boring ever.

Forced to do all those freaking annoying Dailies battles in order to get 'food' for your bunny that only gives you sh*t...
    -Lv.9 = A headband that can't even be traded Nice! I already have one (that is tradeable tho) from another old event.. -_-" What about the costume?
    -Lv.10 = Keep getting the same "awakening skill" gem over and over....

Thanks, but no thanks. Give me at least a full bunny set or some horrible St.Patrick Avatar, but not that ****, please. I've stopped doing ANY dailies 'cause it takes too much time for 'gifts' not worth at all.

This is without talking about all the bugs that keep happening. My frirend keeps having some errors that need to be 'repaired'. I don't remember needing those before that freakin' launcher came out because there simply wasn't any error of that kind...

• MastaMasta
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    People are preparing for finals or are currently taking finals, and no new content in a while.
    I'm sure things will pick up again once summer comes, but I doubt it will be anything like it use too.
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    this event would be a loot better if skill awakening runes werent 95% ._.
    Roland
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited May 2, 2017
    Keep in mind there's ongoing fishing event, so some people just fish for entire day instead of doing daily routine. But yes, I feel like there's less people on Europe, but there's more to that than just launcher annoyance - region IP blocks, which were avoided by direct launch.
  • GanonGamer34GanonGamer34
    Vindictus Rep: 1,180
    I get on nowaday and lucky if I even see 1 QB boat up. Yeah, megas on East have had a lot more callings to raids, but that would make sense since there's no one online. From what I've seen when I visit channel 1, I'm shocked if there's 20 people in the center of Colhen.

I don't really care anymore though, been playing for 6 years and watched as this game's player base slowly dwindled away. Now it's coming to the end where there's like 80 people on at a time, so I've just been on Diablo 3. It's just painful to see my favorite game go down in flames.
    XieCallisthene
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    Correlation =/= Causation.

There are many other factors that can contribute to declining players atm. People busy doing dailies, fishing, school, finals, no interesting content besides neam, nothing fun to farm. Simply narrowing it down to just the launcher seems short-sighted.
    BloodAngelCallisthene
  • RossaryRossary
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    Population might be declining because mass ip block too , since 16.01. just reminding that

f9928447f07f0871be11c840daaff5953f787f920ba10c588066dc47a1646fa2.jpg
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Rossary well actually summer is coming, so that means more people will be on. Trust me the people I saw play a lot during summer when I came back I really haven't seen on since then, but I'm sure many will come back.
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    edited May 6, 2017
    BloodAngel wrote: »
    @Rossary well actually summer is coming, so that means more people will be on. Trust me the people I saw play a lot during summer when I came back I really haven't seen on since then, but I'm sure many will come back.

That's funny because I would say that LESS people actually play in summer. I mean, the weather is nice and you don't always wanna stay closed up in your room that gets so high in temperature because of your heating PC, right? lol
    At least in my case, I'd rather go outside in summer and stay inside in winter in order to play all day long.

But it's true that summer vacations help a lot!

That and GOOD events...
    Unfortunately, we can't say the last ones we got were so 'good'...
    -you can't play if you're fishing = no people in other battles/quest/raids
    -Food bunny box only foud in Today battles = no people in other battles/quest/raids

If getting Godess graces and Merc potions might be useful, I'm tired of not getting the runes I want with my bunny... This makes me AFKing & fishing rather than actually playing for real.

Let's wait until those events end and see what happens next.
  • MokutonMokuton
    Vindictus Rep: 1,700
    It looks like all of the servers are experiencing a mass population decline. If you Google Vindictus Population, you'll see that we don't even get over 600 daily players on Steam Charts. Not sure how accurate Steam Charts is but this game isn't what it used to be. It takes forever to get a full party for Royal Raids now. If you have a lot of time on your hands, expect at least a 1.5 hour wait for a full Royal Raid team. Before it wasn't a problem to find boats with random people, but now you'll be lucky if you can at least one raid with a full party. I remember when daily raids like Giant, Thor, Glas, Ingkells, Golem, and Colru had multiple boats which used to fill up so fast. It's kinda sad to see that there's no more boats for any of these raids anymore.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Population is slightly up since I wrote this, but it still isn't great. S3 boats still take a while to fill even at Prime Time, especially when it isn't the regular hosts who have two or three friends always on their boats. S2 boats can take up to 10 mins or so to fill when they used to pop very well, and that was back before you could join them from anywhere. At least we have a decent event, but it seems like the forced move to the Vindi launcher or Steam and the continued bugs and such have taken their toll.