[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Are level 95 shards compatible with level 90 gear?

RyoukaiRyoukai
Vindictus Rep: 525
edited April 14, 2017 in General Discussion
Not sure if I should wait before maxing my weapon's shards or wait for Dullahan. Do the shards work on 90 gear?

Comments

• V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555

Seriously? This is a question?

No, you cannot use LEVEL 95 chunks on LEVEL 90 equipment. You can't use a Solid Legendary Chunk in place of a Solid Shard in a full orange Braha Mail.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    V0lterix wrote: »

Honestly if Nexon was thinking correctly they should have made things upgradeable. Now if you sunk billions into a weapon to get some att limit unlocked you are going to have to play the rng game again, then dismantle your old one, then upgrade all of the lv 95 shards + add the myst shards... All because they decided to make lv 90 gear obsolete by increase the crit res of bosses by ~20...

Course they want folks to spend more $$ on the runes etc.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    When you disassemble 90 gear with a gear rune you get your limit release mats back.
  • SuskelSuskel
    Vindictus Rep: 510

No, you cannot use LEVEL 95 chunks on LEVEL 90 equipment. You can't use a Solid Legendary Chunk in place of a Solid Shard in a full orange Braha Mail.

What's your problem with the question?
    Kiyouji
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    edited April 14, 2017
    l'll say this, if you could use lvl95 shards in lvl90 gear then whats the point in getting new armor/new wepons?
    and to answer your question lvl95 shards dont work with lvl90 gear
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited April 14, 2017
    Hmm, don't think you can interchange the inherit legendary/carved shards with the respective primary pieces. Far as I know, 95s are incompatible with 90s and vice versa, as the prime usually determines the type of weapon.

Think of this, if they are able to be interchangeable, then the legendary stable would be better to use than the carved stable due to the balance difference with the former being superior.

The carved verison of the prime and perfect shard is superior to their legendary counter parts.

Carved lightweight offers more crit at the cost of minor speed.

and carved keen offers more crit at the cost of balance.

Additionally, Rank 6 scrolls will be incompatible with 90 weapons/armor as their max rank is R7.

Say that Dullahan's crit cap is 155. That would usually mean that you would need to max out on carved keen and carved lightweight which would total to +15 crit on the current stat of the player and placing the same enchants from the previous 90 weapon (in my case 124).

Assuming that one is Maxed R7 for crit (Immoral + spirited) and has earned the Golden God achievement (134 with spirited, 132 with Judgement without the +2 crit infusions), you can actually reach up to 158 (in the case of white kitty brooch users) -161 critical rating if you have all your compatible spots infused with +2 crit, along with having max rolls on C Keen + C Lightweight shards, and this is without getting the new set rings.

Without the +12 crit from infusions (ring, ring, jewelry, belt, earring, and weapon), you would get around 146-149 critical rating if your current is around the 134 crit area. So yes, it is possible to get crit cap for the new content, just it would be another huge grindfest and a bunch of more RNG walls to deal with.
    Order5KiyoujiKrevos
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited April 14, 2017
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    l'll say this, if you could use lvl95 shards in lvl90 gear then whats the point in getting new armor/new wepons?

Thats a strange question. Its like asking "If you could use OJ shards with a purple essence then whats the point in getting..."

Even if you could use level 95 shards in level 90 gear, pretty much everyone would want to use a level 95 essence for obvious reasons, especially as level 90 gear wouldnt be able to use r6 scrolls.

Whats especially problematic about the Dullahan update is that material synthesis was supposed to be the endgame since it takes a ridiculous amount of farming to get the mats, but there is little point in doing it now when all the mats you spent on material synthesis will go straight down the drain when you upgrade to level 95 gear. And nobody would be wasting material synthesis mats on level 90 gear after the Dullahan update is out, they would be saving it to do material synthesis on level 95 shards.

Derpcat at its finest.
    ikevijjXKiyoujiKrevos
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    ikevi wrote: »

Honestly if Nexon was thinking correctly they should have made things upgradeable. Now if you sunk billions into a weapon to get some att limit unlocked you are going to have to play the rng game again, then dismantle your old one, then upgrade all of the lv 95 shards + add the myst shards... All because they decided to make lv 90 gear obsolete by increase the crit res of bosses by ~20...

Course they want folks to spend more $$ on the runes etc.

Question2 wrote: »
    Arrow95 wrote: »

Thats a strange question. Its like asking "If you could use OJ shards with a purple essence then whats the point in getting..."

Even if you could use level 95 shards in level 90 gear, pretty much everyone would want to use a level 95 essence for obvious reasons, especially as level 90 gear wouldnt be able to use r6 scrolls.

Whats especially problematic about the Dullahan update is that material synthesis was supposed to be the endgame since it takes a ridiculous amount of farming to get the mats, but there is little point in doing it now when all the mats you spent on material synthesis will go straight down the drain when you upgrade to level 95 gear. And nobody would be wasting material synthesis mats on level 90 gear after the Dullahan update is out, they would be saving it to do material synthesis on level 95 shards.

Derpcat at its finest.

nothing requires that 90 gear be obsolete though. that's one nice thing vindi has over other "hard reset" mmos. what are lvl 95 bosses' stats? without having looked up the information myself, i can confidently say if you are capped for neamhain, you'll be (at least close to) capped for them.

i know of at least one people using 5* +15 lvl 60 weapon right now with 26k att (possibly soap and kitty pot involved)
    Kiyoujiarkaine757
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    edited April 15, 2017
    I bet that the lvl 95 happened because some random guy in Derpcat think "oh hey lets make a big change" and they went with it. There is no way to explain the Abom plate armor without a huge derped moment from them.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    I bet that the lvl 95 happened because some random guy in Derpcat think "oh hey lets make a big change" and they went with it. There is no way to explain the Abom plate armor without a huge derped moment from them.

The level 95 thing is obviously a shameless cash grab. Remember the s2 release? Super high stat requirements, super rare drops, and the massive amount of money that Nexon made from selling gachapon boxes with level 80 gear?
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    Component shards - no, all 6 of them doesn't.
    Synthesis shards - yes, both of them are compatible.
  • BryanZubineBryanZubine
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    2edgy4u wrote: »

nothing requires that 90 gear be obsolete though. that's one nice thing vindi has over other "hard reset" mmos. what are lvl 95 bosses' stats? without having looked up the information myself, i can confidently say if you are capped for neamhain, you'll be (at least close to) capped for them.

i know of at least one people using 5* +15 lvl 60 weapon right now with 26k att (possibly soap and kitty pot involved)

You need 28500 attack and 155 crit (170 as a lann)

• SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    The shards (lightweight, keen, etc) are different for 95 as well as the cores but the limit release shards are the same
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Honestly I have no plans to switch my gear for 95, 95 gear imo is useless. You'd be better off waiting for 100 gear to come out.
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    I just got my full orange Abom long sword to +10 and stuck a Spirited on. it This is coming from a person who RNG fricken Hates with a bloody passion. and they're increasing the level cap and adding new gear in a few months? Yeah no. Call me when you get to Lv110 then i'll upgrade my weaponry.
  • ikeviikevi
    Call me when you get to Lv110 then i'll upgrade my weaponry.

We don't know. It could be they wait 2 years to go from lv 95 to lv 100... or Korea could release lv 100 in the next update. The update they did from lv 90-95 is a bigger jump than even the lv 80-90, so we will see but sitting and waiting on this game becomes very boring.

(LV 80-90 upgrade obviously depends on the character, but it was about 2.5k att, 10 crit... now we are looking at 3k att and 15 crit.)

I at least will be upgrading my swords ASAP :-( Then depending on how much I need the extra crit, I will likely have to upgrade gloves/boots for the new Rank 6 ES. Joys of wanting to be able crit on Lann. Even with those upgrade + the lv 90 rings I will Still need to find 6 more crit if I want to be crit capped :-(

• AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    ikevi wrote: »
    Call me when you get to Lv110 then i'll upgrade my weaponry.

We don't know. It could be they wait 2 years to go from lv 95 to lv 100... or Korea could release lv 100 in the next update. The update they did from lv 90-95 is a bigger jump than even the lv 80-90, so we will see but sitting and waiting on this game becomes very boring.

(LV 80-90 upgrade obviously depends on the character, but it was about 2.5k att, 10 crit... now we are looking at 3k att and 15 crit.)

I at least will be upgrading my swords ASAP :-( Then depending on how much I need the extra crit, I will likely have to upgrade gloves/boots for the new Rank 6 ES. Joys of wanting to be able crit on Lann. Even with those upgrade + the lv 90 rings I will Still need to find 6 more crit if I want to be crit capped :-(

You're forgetting what you actually lose from the move to 95 gear. You lose Balance and Attack speed while if you have a high enhanced weapon, you'll still cap the new bosses, so the attack does nothing. What you lose in balance and attack speed if you play high attack speed and are sitting at just enough for perfect balance moving to 95 gears is actually worse. So saying the jump from 90 to 95 is greater than the jump from 80 to 90 is just not true. For me going to 95 is worse for me than staying with 90 gear. Since it's not better for everyone to move to 95 gear that immediately makes the 80 to 90 jump a better upgrade, where for some the move to 95 is a downgrade. While I can understand the upgrade for some such as sword or spear lann, it still imo isn't a jump worth making in the end.
  • ikeviikevi
    edited May 14, 2017
    Abaddan wrote: »

You're forgetting what you actually lose from the move to 95 gear. You lose Balance and Attack speed while if you have a high enhanced weapon, you'll still cap the new bosses, so the attack does nothing. What you lose in balance and attack speed if you play high attack speed and are sitting at just enough for perfect balance moving to 95 gears is actually worse. So saying the jump from 90 to 95 is greater than the jump from 80 to 90 is just not true. For me going to 95 is worse for me than staying with 90 gear. Since it's not better for everyone to move to 95 gear that immediately makes the 80 to 90 jump a better upgrade, where for some the move to 95 is a downgrade. While I can understand the upgrade for some such as sword or spear lann, it still imo isn't a jump worth making in the end.

Nah I am not forgetting anything. You loose 7 bal. Bal is now the really easy stat to get. Just means dropping 1 fast. Unless you did all your ein, then you can likely still have 6 fasts and be capped on everything. 15 crit >> 4 atsp (since you would swap fast with a sig) when not crit capped. (So +15 lv 95 folks will sit at ~95 atspd instead of ~100 ;-)

Plus we already have the extra 2 bal from belts now + Heartless and Weeping (the new R6 scrolls) give another bal over the R7 Scrolls. (So if you wear enthu gear that means with the belts and scrolls you will only be down 3 bal for most folks.) (And if you are in full heavy armor you would only be 1 bal off since then 2 bal from 2 Heartless, 2 bal from 2 weeping and 2 from the lv 85 belts.)

My issue is I likely will have to go for crit infused rings now which means loosing 4 more bal. Still wont be crit capped on lann.