[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

"Global" server

BloodySmileBloodySmile
Vindictus Rep: 545
edited May 5, 2017 in General Discussion
Sup everyone!

Merged servers to "global" platform so I thought, yey finally blocked country's will be able to play again but what I found were non lifted blocks and on top of that, those who were from blocked country's but had beta testers accounts had access to game were blocked of game as well... Sooo how come is this "global"? :|

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    You can globally purchase NX.
    Xie
  • BloodySmileBloodySmile
    What`s the point of purshacing NX if you cant`t access the game?
    XieDelterosController001
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    It's like the Baseball "World" Series which is only contested by US teams and one team from Canada.
    MochiSweetAyPoolAnthonytonyboyNakrast
  • BloodySmileBloodySmile
    edited May 5, 2017
    Hehe,

That one I can count in :D
    Still... They could fix it and make it actually globally accessible... And maybe then those questions after exiting game whether you like the game or not and if you would recommend the game to your friends would have more meaning.
    In EU after countries got blocked it lost half population. And half of the population that still played were ether from banned countries but were with beta tester account who still had access because their account was old or people who wanted to play it very much and found working PROXY program. Of course there are people who started playing after the big block but purchased quite a lot NX or just liked the game very much and wanted to continue playing it.
    What I wanna say is if you wanna get more people playing the game fix issue with license to unblock blocked countries...
  • BloodySmileBloodySmile
    I know this thread was opened many, many times but still the more we spam the higher chance they will doe something? I guess?
    Just checked list who can access the game and it's quite stupid in my opining.
    Countries like Albania, Andorra, Channel Islands, Czech Republic and many others are way smaller and with crappier internet connection than half those that are blocked off. The real question is what's the problem with game developers or who ever is responsible for this with half of the Europe?
    They never told us at least I never seen anywhere what was the reason that they aren't giving the full Europe license and only for half of it?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Tetsujin wrote: »
    It's like the Baseball "World" Series which is only contested by US teams and one team from Canada.

I just busted up laughing at work reading this because of how accurate this is.
    Nakrast
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    not saying it was their primary intention but greedy ol' nexon probably wouldn't mind those blocked players finding a new workaround and having to rebuy everything on new accounts
    if it were me, i'd just give up on this game, but i know some people love it enough to do that
  • BloodySmileBloodySmile
    True, but still that's completely bulls**t. I mean come on, people spent years grinding, and most of them at least once donated. High end geared players still donates or buy from other players which still brings them money because someone else purchased NX and sold to others for in game gold.
    Just a shower thought, maybe silly but still maybe one of the reasons why they don't wanna unblock EU regions is because they would need at least within a year to upgrade server, since it wouldn't be able to hold that much which of course would require extra investition but when you run games only to make as much cash as you can stuff like this happens.
    There are many people who would want at least try but they can't since it's for some reason not available for them to access it.
    For example Black Desert. Many people including my self were waiting for it and when it was released I couldn't play it because even tho it's EU server half of Europe can't access it. But good guy RU server allowed to join so I still got to test it. Unfortunately this isn't an option for Vindictus since there is no RU server...
    BloodAngel
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    For example Black Desert. Many people including my self were waiting for it and when it was released I couldn't play it because even tho it's EU server half of Europe can't access it. But good guy RU server allowed to join so I still got to test it. Unfortunately this isn't an option for Vindictus since there is no RU server...

The reason your country couldn't access the BDO EU server is because some Russian company has licensed the game for "Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and the territories of Abkhazia and South Ossetia." (This is from the Russian BDO license agreement webpage.)

I'm guessing that something similar applies to Vindictus. Some company somewhere has probably licensed Nexon products (including Vindictus) for former Soviet territories. Unlike BDO, they're too lazy to actually launch a Russian Vindictus, but a license agreement would still mean that they have exclusive rights to potential customers in these territories, and Nexon "Global" would have to IP block these players.
    XieBloodAngel
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    not saying it was their primary intention but greedy ol' nexon probably wouldn't mind those blocked players finding a new workaround and having to rebuy everything on new accounts
    if it were me, i'd just give up on this game, but i know some people love it enough to do that

They block access, not the account. Your account is still intact, you just have to "access" it in a different way. Why would you start over and rebuy everything when your account is still there?
    Tetsujin wrote: »
    I'm guessing that something similar applies to Vindictus. Some company somewhere has probably licensed Nexon products (including Vindictus) for former Soviet territories. Unlike BDO, they're too lazy to actually launch a Russian Vindictus, but a license agreement would still mean that they have exclusive rights to potential customers in these territories, and Nexon "Global" would have to IP block these players.

That doesn't make any sense. If some company somewhere licensed Nexon games to themselves how come Latvia, Lithuania and Israel (not even former soviet, not even from EU) were able to play Vindi under Nexon EU all these years? So Nexon EU had a license over Lithuania, Latvia and Israel all these years, but at the 17th of February 2017 that license just magically evaporated into thin air? If EU had a license over these countries, there's no reason why Nexon "Global" wouldn't, especially since "Globa" is a merger of EU.

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    ^ Nothing Nexoff ever does make sense so why bother looking for logic when there isn't one?
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    When the oceanic server was announced, NZ was IP blocked from accessing it for years till a GM finally read a post on the forum and went "Huh? NZ should be included in our licence agreement. Let me check on that." (or something to that effect), and the NZ ip block was finally lifted.

Would not be surprising if Russia, etc wasn't IP blocked initially because of a similar misunderstanding and they only realised it should be IP blocked relatively recently (with the launcher change). That would also explain the dead silence from Nexon regarding the issue, since it would make them look bad if they admitted it.

But it would be pretty unusual for a company to go to the trouble of doing a licence agreement and then not actually doing anything with the game, and most such agreements have a time limit for the company to actually proceed with the licencing. The parent company usually gets royalties of some kind based on profits/revenue so if someone just licences the game but doesn't actually do anything with the licence, the royalties are obviously zero and the company loses potential revenue.
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Lavonne wrote: »
    That doesn't make any sense. If some company somewhere licensed Nexon games to themselves how come Latvia, Lithuania and Israel (not even former soviet, not even from EU) were able to play Vindi under Nexon EU all these years? So Nexon EU had a license over Lithuania, Latvia and Israel all these years, but at the 17th of February 2017 that license just magically evaporated into thin air? If EU had a license over these countries, there's no reason why Nexon "Global" wouldn't, especially since "Globa" is a merger of EU.

Latvians and Lithunians were only allowed to play on Vindictus EU, if they had created an account before September 2012, and new players joining after this were IP-blocked.

The announcement gave the vague reason that it was because of "several licensing issues with game developers". https://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread.php?870141
  • BloodySmileBloodySmile
    True, I am one of beta testers and I still was able to play after blocks.
    But after the merge it's inaccessible with these type of accounts.
    I've seen some promises about letting at least those accounts to access the game but still same situation as country unblocking.