[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Who's Happy?

Comments

• NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    It pains me to see the game like this.
  • ArmageddalArmageddal
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    edited April 20, 2017
    Well, I've been half-heartedly following Vindictus news, even though I currently have no plans to return.

The recent devpost about the future of the game sounds promising. However, after the joke that the last enchant/enhance "improvement" turned out to be, I have little faith that much will change.

What I love about Vindictus are the combat mechanics. It's a system that encourages personalization of gameplay. Even though the game I am playing now (FF14) is enjoyable, there isn't as much micro positioning. You need to be in the right places to dodge boss.mechanic combos, but it's basically just memorizing a choreography routine. It's not reactive at all.

What I loathe about Vindictus is the painful gear progression and the peer-to-peer hosting. FF14 may be a subscription game, but I actually spend less on it because I don't get tempted into buying protection (because it doesn't even exist). And end-game weapons just take dedication to get. There's almost no RNG. Well, I think the Lv275 top end gear might need it, but Lv265 doesn't, and the difference between the two is minimal, so it's only really for people who really want to min/max (you don't get booted from raids for having 265; you just need to know what you're doing!).
  • BlissKnightBlissKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    I'm pretty happy.
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    The amount of posts that have been deleted in this thread as well as many others recently is appalling. It appears that Nexon staff & forum moderators are on a damage control crusade.
    PixelPantsuDelterosdaws360
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    hi5josh wrote: »
    The amount of posts that have been deleted in this thread as well as many others recently is appalling. It appears that Nexon staff & forum moderators are on a damage control crusade.

Let's please try to avoid derailing threads, whether with FUD, spam, or inappropriate images. Thank you.
  • bogermealbogermeal
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    #BringBackZoltar #BringBackMercenaryReports

thisss^^^^^^^^^^
    Tanelaraadaws360
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,045
    Gonna take another long break soon anyway :)

I have no preference at the moment, I guess have fun to people who are staying for 95 updates and the upcoming game revamp :)

I hope Vindictus will not die out because I still want to get on randomly in the future just to check out things.
  • P3RV3RP3RV3R
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Seigaku wrote: »
    Gonna take another long break soon anyway :)

I have no preference at the moment, I guess have fun to people who are staying for 95 updates and the upcoming game revamp :)

I hope Vindictus will not die out because I still want to get on randomly in the future just to check out things.

Yeah same here, I had the bad idea to buy a vvip, so I have 15 days left in this game lol
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,045
    edited April 22, 2017
    @P3RV3R Yeh I still have until 2nd of May too :p

• MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Why are so many people unhappy in this game?
    Is it because of the RNG destroying so much money and hours you put into this game?
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Tbqh, I was wondering if getting to +10 w/ no penalty wouldn't help this game by a lot. And "by a lot" I mean even those who actually destroy their weapons further than +10 like.. yeah, you haven't got in the highest tier of enhancement, yet people do know that with a +10, you can easily have a chance to do the new content in parties.

Imo, they should remove the total reset of the enhancement level for any weapon while enhancing. Make +7/8 - +10 reset by 2-3 enhance lvl if fails, so that runes still have some "importance" maybe.
    But yeah main point is to remove this reset to +0 bs, I'm fine with destroyed weapons above +10 if only getting to +10 itself wouldn't be that cancerous.
    PixelPantsuEphinea
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Tbqh, I was wondering if getting to +10 w/ no penalty wouldn't help this game by a lot. And "by a lot" I mean even those who actually destroy their weapons further than +10 like.. yeah, you haven't got in the highest tier of enhancement, yet people do know that with a +10, you can easily have a chance to do the new content in parties.

Imo, they should remove the total reset of the enhancement level for any weapon while enhancing. Make +7/8 - +10 reset by 2-3 enhance lvl if fails, so that runes still have some "importance" maybe.
    But yeah main point is to remove this reset to +0 bs, I'm fine with destroyed weapons above +10 if only getting to +10 itself wouldn't be that cancerous.

If they did that they'd lose so much on Enhance Rune.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    ^ They most likely earn much more from outfits sold through thousands of gachas.
    EphineaNakrast_Freecss
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    The root of the people crying or quiting, are people who 'only want to play with a +15, but they can never achieve it' mimimi.

Aka. crybabies, heyyy
    2edgy4uMochiSweet
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    edited April 23, 2017
    JynXi wrote: »
    The root of the people crying or quiting, are people who 'only want to play with a +15, but they can never achieve it' mimimi.

Aka. crybabies, heyyy

The Enhancement & Enchantment process's are 2 large issues players have out of many other issues. Some people can overlook or overcome those two issues, but when everything else that was good enough or currently working for them just stops or starts to get progressively worse, it easily starts to effect their morale for the game negativity. When you start to actually have a hard time listing multiple positive things about a game, then you question why you are still playing said game.

I can say that combat is still enjoyable, but I currently can't think of anything else to say that's positive at this point in time.
    PixelPantsuMastaNakrast_Freecssdaws360
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740

Aka. crybabies, heyyy

Yep. I think like 1-2 out of 25-30 posts in this thread mentioned enhancing as their unhappy issue. Then there are the threads where people complain about communication, direct launch, launcher issues, bad events (not rewarding or implemented well) , a broken ban program and many other issues but i guess those all lead back to +15s? Good job glossing through any valid information to make the most uninformed post possible. Keep up the good work.
    hi5joshPrototypemindSuhprememisakamisakaSylphideXieFriedeArixTwilightSparkleKenpoand 6 others.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545

Aka. crybabies, heyyy

I'd settle for being able to play, but if you want to make uninformed conjectures, who am I to stop you from making a fool of yourself.
    daws360
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Can we all agree we are struggling with the game in it's current status in our own ways?
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    hi5josh wrote: »
    Can we all agree we are struggling with the game in it's current status in our own ways?

Yes. I'm sure we can also agree that the community wants to be part of the solution as this iteration of the game moves forward.

• ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    I'm happy
This discussion has been closed.