[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

So everything's back up...but can't start the game

Comments

• Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited April 20, 2017
    jeddyhi wrote: »
    I thought direct launching was a banable offense anyway. What is going on?

it was never was banable, they just said "use at your own risk", since the game don't update without a launcher and you gatta remember to update the game when a patch comes for it to work properly.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Aqua person also used to tell players they they risked banning by using it. It was very strange as Dragon's Nest explicitly allowed it's players to continue direct launching if the Nexon Launcher caused them issues.
  • P3RV3RP3RV3R
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    edited April 21, 2017
    Lavonne wrote: »
    Lol at all these pseudo-quitters again. We had how many like these back in EU forums? There was this Vella guy who made a thread about quitting and came back after a month and Gwell who "quit" for a week. You know how you can tell whether somebody is really quitting or pseudo-quitting? Players who really quit don't announce it on the forums. They simply quit. Players who publicly announce their intent to "quit" are just doing it to get a reaction.

It's like those girls who tell their boyfriends "That's it! We're through! I'm leaving!" and they never actually mean it. They just say that hoping they'll get a reaction from their boyfriend begging them to stay. Meanwhile Nexon is not going to stop you and won't give you a reaction because they just don't care. And you know what happens to those girls who "leave" when they don't get the reaction they wanted? Come back knocking on the door the next day. So see you all next update. Or next week. Whatever.

And yes I actually knew a girl like this. She lived downstairs and broke up with her abusive boyfriend like 5 times. Every time she told me "That's it! This time I'm REALLY leaving him!" I'd just roll my eyes and be like "Mhm". So now I'm just imagining Nexon employees\forum mods\whatever just sitting there reading all these "I'm leaving!!!" empty threats and going like "Mhm, see you all next week".

Nexon knows his people and knows that they leave and return, always happens, only one part complains, the other simply leaves without warning, only their guildmates know this. We have all lost a friend who leaves the game for his discomfort, You must agree with that

Only tries to see the problem beyond words, there is a discomfort that is not considered, this game has great potential but administrators do not know, very similar to your comparison. However, this situation never reaches good terms, and what is wanted here is to improve the dialogue, nexon only needs to listen to its people or :'(
    Btw im from Chile, I've always been in illegality, but I always look for a way to play it o:)
  • YuberYuber
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    couldn't log in.... keep getting the message failed to authenticate SSO server even though i log in through Nexon launcher.
    RIP
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    P3RV3R wrote: »
    Nexon knows his people and knows that they leave and return, always happens only one part complains, the other simply leaves without warning, only their guildmates know this. We have all lost a friend who leaves the game for his discomfort, You must agree with that

Exactly. Nexon knows damn well some players are weak and emotionally dependent on this game, if not borderline addicted. Nexon knows they can do anything and get away with it because it's Vindictus "and there's no other game like this". Don't underestimate Nexon. They know how weak some players are. And that weakness is exactly what they're cashing on. They know that all these anti-Nexon threads mean nothing when the gacha boxes are rolling and paying their bills. They know these emotionally dependent players are going to say "That's it! I'm quitting!" and then come back crawling the next week because "nostalgia\no other game like Vindi". You really think Nexon don't pay attention to these things? They see the inconsistency and they see the hypocrisy.

In that other anti-Nexon thread I said that if you want to change anything start speaking with your wallets and the first comments I got were "but the game will shut down". Well if you think that Nexon cares so little about this game that they'd rather shut it down than try to fix it then Nexon has already pretty much won the entire battle. You already assume that Nexon doesn't care enough to fix this game, what makes you think they care about some anti-Nexon threads.

And yes there are players who have genuinely left the game (or the IP blocked ones who were forcibly kicked out). They left without saying a word. And they don't need to make a whole drama scene about how they invested time and money and bla bla bla. (By the way, fun fact - this is exactly how gambling addicts talk. "I've already invested so much money into this, I can't stop now". And hence the addiction - they never stop.) Ever since I started majoring in psychology I've been seeing a lot of this addict mentality on these forums. I can totally see what kind of demographic Nexon are cashing on and why it's working so well for them. Anyway, back to the real quitters - yes they exist. Not everybody is addicted to this game, some people are able to just get up and leave without ever saying a word about it.

Bottom line cut dry - if you want a change around here, stop being such an invertebrate and start speaking with your wallet. And if you want to make a statement about how dissatisfied you are with Nexon by quitting - commit to it and actually quit. Don't come back crawling the next week. Otherwise it's not a statement, it's just a tantrum.

• P3RV3RP3RV3R
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Dear Lavonne,
    It is not the addiction point, the addiction is clear here, as in any other game, it is about enjoying a game whatever your condition, but if those people who have spent money on him (who are the main nexon clients), Begin to be annoyed by their nonconformity, be sure that in the long term they will leave, with complaints or without complaints. However it is as simple as giving the drug to the addict and treating it well to grow the community and have good terms, after all is a business for profit.
    Look how Riot generates profits, are more significant than those of nexon are organizations that have been able to adapt over time.
    By the way, it is not a question of talking with the wallet, if you see the DSM-IV (see F1x.2x) you will see that an addict does not leave the addiction under his own will, even look at the CIE-10, if you know how to deal with a patient, there is more than solutions (unless you are a behaviorist or psychiatrist). Above all, there must be a will for change and here people understand that it is a game and that they want to spend time on it.
  • AsunaBabeAsunaBabe
    Vindictus Rep: 350
    wow this game is so messed up last night i was able to play now this morning launcher is broken again. pls fix i want to play this game.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    P3RV3R wrote: »
    Dear Lavonne,
    It is not the addiction point, the addiction is clear here, as in any other game, it is about enjoying a game whatever your condition, but if those people who have spent money on him (who are the main nexon clients), Begin to be annoyed by their nonconformity, be sure that in the long term they will leave, with complaints or without complaints. However it is as simple as giving the drug to the addict and treating it well to grow the community and have good terms, after all is a business for profit.

That's the point, when the game itself doesn't have "any other game looking-alike", the very core of the company is the same as every single other companies, and it makes sense anyway.

Tho not everyone makes it as a drama when they leave, they might simply trolling at some point. (for everyone that knows the EU forums, they know)
    Nothing is real.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited April 24, 2017
    I think many people are forgetting that Nexon is a large corporation with many game titles. Something newer and bigger like Riders of Icarus probably has far more funding, staff and attention paid to it than Vindictus does. It may or may not have better customer support or communications with GMs, I don't play that so I can't tell.

From a corporation stand point, they dont need to care much about this game at all. This isnt their flagship title or anything. Its their low maintenance product that is fine as long as it stays in the green. They just need to keep servers up and sell gacha boxes or outfits that generate 100x or more profit compared to the amount of money it costs them to make.

Think about how much money it costs to get some developers to design a new outfit (which is basically a new character skin) for a source engine game, then think about how many people are willing to pay $400 to get it. Its like a licence to print money for them.

Yes, of course, this game could be far more successful if they put in more effort. But the thing is, corporations dont necessarily see it that way. They dont look at a product then think about how to make it more profitable, they consider the trade offs needed to make it more profitable. We could get more and better customer support, more bugs fixed, better communication with staff members, etc...maybe the game population and profits will double or triple.

But what the corporation sees is the amount of staff they would have to hire and train for a low priority product, the new policies they would have to implement, etc. All the money and man hours involved. The amount of time needed to develop a business plan for this alone, the meetings involved, the paper work, etc...nobody at Nexon wants to do this when they can just leave it alone and it will keep producing money with minimal effort.

Speaking with your wallet does not work in most cases. Why? Because that strategy assumes that the corporation will know exactly why they are losing money and then act accordingly. The corporation does not have perfect information. They wont know why they are losing money. The higher ups will only know what the department manager tells them, who only knows what the staff under him tells him.

Let us say that 90% of the players for this game boycotts it because direct launch no longer works.

The average person probably thinks "Nexon's profits fall, Nexon will surely allow direct launch now to get their profits back!"

The reality will probably be Nexon scratching their head in confusion and falling back on the time old strategies of making money (selling gachas and outfits).

Nexon will not have the slightest clue why their profits suddenly dropped. Even if someone tries to tell Nexon on this forum, the thread will probably get deleted because you are not allowed to have threads like that here. The staff for this game will come up with all kinds of reasons to explain it to the higher ups, like "it's just the wrong season" or "competition" or whatever. They won't say anything that will lead to them doing more work (like allowing direct launch). Most of the staff has zero interaction with the players and rely soley on Saygo and the forum mods for info, They are not going to tell the department manager "Uh...we deleted some threads on the forum about people boycotting the game because they can't use direct launch, that might be related?".

I'm willing to bet that their marketing research consists almost entirely of one guy crunching sales figures to tell the manager what kind of events/items generate the largest amount of money.

Ask anyone who has worked in a large corporation before, it can take months before someone finally figures out why something doesn't work, or realises that the department has been using the wrong email to contact a business partner for months.

Edit : Not sure why my two posts were merged incompletely...the second half was originally in another post and was cut off.
    PixelPantsuwocanimeiXie
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    It takes months for realities to surface in companies that don't rely on data and modern systems, and those that don't listen to direct feedback from customers. Unfortunately, Nexon seems to be both.
  • DaPlayaDaPlaya
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    edited April 22, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    I used to work tech support for a large bank, and our department had this several months back of cases for a certain application. We were supposed to just log cases and assign them to the tech support team, which was located in India. Everytime we got calls asking why the case was still unresolved, we were told to basically blame the Indian team since we had no control over them and it was entirely their responsibility to fix the issues.

Well the whole "blaming the other guy" approach doesn't really work here cause the whole Nexon Launcher fiasco is created by the NA team. It's not like any other region had it. The NA team created it and very few people here wanted to use it. When it was first introduced, we had the option of choosing to use the Nexon Launcher or staying with the old direct launch (which many people chose to do). My guess is that headquarters started questioning why they (NA team) wasted all that money developing something very few people wanted and that triggered them to take a more "forceful" approach in offering it to us and made the Nexon Launcher mandatory.

EU was exempt from the Nexon Launcher until NA took over and had it rammed down their throats just like they did to us here before. There's no one to blame here but the NA ("global") team.
    PrototypemindPixelPantsu
  • wocanimeiwocanimei
    Vindictus Rep: 480
    edited April 24, 2017
    Lol at all these pseudo-quitters again. We had how many like these back in EU forums? There was this Vella guy who made a thread about quitting and came back after a month and Gwell who "quit" for a week. You know how you can tell whether somebody is really quitting or pseudo-quitting? Players who really quit don't announce it on the forums. They simply quit. Players who publicly announce their intent to "quit" are just doing it to get a reaction.

It's like those girls who tell their boyfriends "That's it! We're through! I'm leaving!" and they never actually mean it. They just say that hoping they'll get a reaction from their boyfriend begging them to stay. Meanwhile Nexon is not going to stop you and won't give you a reaction because they just don't care. And you know what happens to those girls who "leave" when they don't get the reaction they wanted? Come back knocking on the door the next day. So see you all next update. Or next week. Whatever.

And yes I actually knew a girl like this. She lived downstairs and broke up with her abusive boyfriend like 5 times. Every time she told me "That's it! This time I'm REALLY leaving him!" I'd just roll my eyes and be like "Mhm". So now I'm just imagining Nexon employees\forum mods\whatever just sitting there reading all these "I'm leaving!!!" empty threats and going like "Mhm, see you all next week".

Shh! Keep quiet bro, don't ever let your girlfriend find out about this thread!
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    DaPlaya wrote: »
    EU was exempt from the Nexon Launcher until NA took over and had it rammed down their throats just like they did to us here before. There's no one to blame here but the NA ("global") team.

Actually EU had a launcher forced down their throats and it was worse than Nexon NA's launcher. In fact, Nexon NA's new launcher is based on the (now dead) EU launcher. Where did you think they got the "patch the direct launch" and "only use your email address to log in" ideas from? EU launcher.

635646038143391716.png

1. It forced you to use your full email address every time you log in.
    2. The "remember username" feature didn't work. You had to type in your entire email address every, single, time.
    3. There was a bug where you'd get random "Wrong password" errors even though you got the ID and the PW right. So not only did you have to type in your entire email address every time you login. You sometimes had to do it TWICE.
    4. Direct launching was patched and we didn't have Steam to save our asses from that nightmare.
    5. The launcher was down a lot so even when the game was up, you couldn't login because the launcher was down.

But even though EU's launcher was probably programmed by Satan himself, nobody had a problem with it because it didn't IP block countries that had license to play...
  • DaPlayaDaPlaya
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    edited April 24, 2017
    Actually EU had a launcher forced down their throats and it was worse than Nexon NA's launcher. In fact, Nexon NA's new launcher is based on the (now dead) EU launcher.

I was told otherwise. When did they get a launcher for EU? I remember at the time when it was first forced on us, people were saying that no other region used it. And that was many months after it was first introduced here since it was optional for us when it was first introduced.

In any event, it doesn't change the point that there's no one else to blame since the EU team no longer exist. The "blaming the other guy" approach doesn't work here. There's no one to blame here but the NA team.
This discussion has been closed.