[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Easter Bunny (Event or a Job) Poll

Yuria100Yuria100
Vindictus Rep: 2,480
edited April 20, 2017 in General Discussion
What does everyone think?

Typo on first option the "a" should be an "I."
Torneko
  1. Easter Bunny Thing, a Job or an Event?66 votes
    1. It an Event, and a love every second of it.
       21% (14 votes)
    2. It's a Job, and i hate every second of it.
       47% (31 votes)
    3. The RNG is rigged so not worth doing it regardless of it being a job or an event.
       32% (21 votes)

Comments

• TornekoTorneko
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    It's a job with rigged RNG.

This event is full of bunny poops. B)
    Yuria100
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited April 20, 2017
    My opinion on the matter is: Making people do dailies for event reward is painful. The dailies don't provide any reward, enjoyment, or enhance the gaming experience for players. This is more of a chore they are forcing player to do.

It's boring use of time, it test the player patience, and puts the player in a negative mood.

I would of loved for this event to use something other then Todays to provide reward. Something like, do 13 dailies raid per day would be less painful. It'll also be much more useful since that content is relevant and gives useful drops. Also these raid would be much more enjoyable to do, then doing outdated irrelevant boring dailies.

TL:DR
    I'm salty, would of rather done this event with dailies raids instead of Todays.
    SirRFI2edgy4uPixelPantsu
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    I was wondering if forcing us to do the dailies as part of the event was a clever ruse to make us help the newer players progressing through the S1 story, but then I remembered new people don't play this game.

It would have been better to get the chow from raids like Yuria100 said.
    Xie
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    good thing is that I get these mat to sell for 140k each during 2x expertise event.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    edited April 20, 2017
    I'm really just doing it for the title. I've got too many free NX items in my inventory already from all of the previous giveaways, I probably won't need to spend a dime on 95.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Did it for the title really. 2 left till 700.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    3 free runes every second day are always welcomed. I guess some people are just lazy and would prefer everything handed down to them on a silver plate.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited April 20, 2017
    If only it didn't talk so much...

You know what? It did say that its feet are lucky. Perhaps I can use my expertise to craft an item that raises my Luck stat.
    Anthonytonyboy
  • TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    I find there to be better uses of my time than participate in another RNG event. I will not complain about the event since they are at least giving out some stuff, but I am not actively participating. I probably won't even make it to the 10th level. The big issue here is that daily quests themselves are no longer worth it. You'd get more return on investment doing raids which are usually funner and can also drop rare stuff.
    DownIoadYuria100PixelPantsuSylariusCelestiaV
  • SylariusSylarius
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Should've been an option for "too much work so I decided not to bother". Not going to spend that much time for an event. Though some people may enjoy it.
    Tetsujin
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    Some people just can't be pleased.... and I find it very annoying. This event basically is OP after you get the rabbit to lvl 10 you get runes everyday. ''But oh no... I have to actually do something to get those rewards... why do I have to do that and not that... why do I have to stay logged in the game to get rewarded... booo hooo.''
    Then after a few months you start seeing people complaining they don't have runes... why aren't runes tradeable. They cant enhance their weapon cause they don't want to spend money.
    Doing dailies is actually more convenient for a larger group of people rather than as you suggested raids. Since raids may not be accessible to everyone, or at least not all of them and they would be at a disadvantage.

And the ''rigged'' part I don't see what you mean by that. The last egg rewards are listed on it. And everything in there seems useful except maybe the skill awakening rune which is not worth using at this stage at least .
    Yesterday I got an enhancement rune, and 2 other friends of mine got a premium enhancement rune and an enchant rune.
    But yeah sure... rigged.
    XeareEnigmaTaroGewelliriousArixSlothPrincess
  • XeareXeare
    Vindictus Rep: 905
    Me and 2 other new players are currently pleased with this event because we can get our level 90 weapons to decent enhance levels and save runes for 95 gear. :#
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    Some people just can't be pleased.... and I find it very annoying. This event basically is OP after you get the rabbit to lvl 10 you get runes everyday. ''But oh no... I have to actually do something to get those rewards... why do I have to do that and not that... why do I have to stay logged in the game to get rewarded... booo hooo.''
    Then after a few months you start seeing people complaining they don't have runes... why aren't runes tradeable. They cant enhance their weapon cause they don't want to spend money.
    Doing dailies is actually more convenient for a larger group of people rather than as you suggested raids. Since raids may not be accessible to everyone, or at least not all of them and they would be at a disadvantage.

And the ''rigged'' part I don't see what you mean by that. The last egg rewards are listed on it. And everything in there seems useful except maybe the skill awakening rune which is not worth using at this stage at least .
    Yesterday I got an enhancement rune, and 2 other friends of mine got a premium enhancement rune and an enchant rune.
    But yeah sure... rigged.

We could expect this rabid fayboyism maybe in 2014 but where have you been for the last few years? 'Rigged' as in theres 11 items but its not a 9% chance for each item ( 100/11 = 9ish) Its not fun spending 1-2 hours doing dailies to get the junk items you would never ever use 85% of the time. Almost every event for the last few years that has involved 'random' is not actually random.
    TornekoPixelPantsuSylarius2edgy4u
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Hey, if I got a fast scroll while doing this, it's a plus for me. :^)
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited April 22, 2017
    You can get a maximum of 26 bars. 15 bars = 1 level. That is nearly 2 levels a day. Each level 10 egg guarantees you one rune of some kind.

Yet people still whine about this, mostly because you have to actually play the game to get rewards. Oh noes, you cant afk for free eggs!

Perosnally, I tried to get people to do this event. Some people were enthusiastic about it, others were too lazy and just whined about having to do dailies. The excuses that I got were mostly along the lines of "I cant be bothered" or "I just want to get the reward without doing anything".

These are the kind of people who complain they dont have gear, yet dont want to do anything to get gear. I hear this excuse all the time.

"I want item X" -> "I dont want to do Y to get X" -> "Game is too hard"

I can 100% guarantee you that when the next update comes out and these people try to play again, they will complain they dont have runes to gear up.

"But why didnt you do the easter event for runes then?"

"Ehhhh ceebs"
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    edited April 22, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    You can get a maximum of 26 bars. 15 bars = 1 level. That is nearly 2 levels a day. Each level 10 egg guarantees you one rune of some kind.

Yet people still whine about this, mostly because you have to actually play the game to get rewards. Oh noes, you cant afk for free eggs!

Perosnally, I tried to get people to do this event. Some people were enthusiastic about it, others were too lazy and just whined about having to do dailies. The excuses that I got were mostly along the lines of "I cant be bothered" or "I just want to get the reward without doing anything".

These are the kind of people who complain they dont have gear, yet dont want to do anything to get gear. I hear this excuse all the time.

"I want item X" -> "I dont want to do Y to get X" -> "Game is too hard"

I can 100% guarantee you that when the next update comes out and these people try to play again, they will complain they dont have runes to gear up.

"But why didnt you do the easter event for runes then?"

"Ehhhh ceebs"

I dont see anyone complaining about having to do something for rewards, but rather the unfair odds and general all or nothing theme of the event. In a farm event such as golden chieftain (which I did alot) You could get smaller rewards in addition to the big ones and you were never wasting your time (it was good items per time spent). With this event you have to farm for 1-2 hours a day for like 5-6 days before you can even have a chance at anything you would need. I ran this event on a few characters and have put maybe 40 hours into it so far and my rewards? Nothing id ever use. Graces, merc pots and a few soaps from early eggs. Then with the repeat egg Ive gotten 7 skill awakening protection pieces of trash.

When you continue to make big blunders every week, and you dont like fixing your mistakes, you probably want to draw people back into the game with a worthwhile event. This is not it. But hey if you want to continue to be oblivious to whats actually going on and just label everyone as "whiners" go for it.

c4jt321.png
    PixelPantsuPrototypemindoCharlotteSylariusTwilightSparkle
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited April 22, 2017
    If you talk to more people about it, i can all but guarantee that you will meet plenty of people complaining that they cant just afk for free stuff. I certaintly have. I am not looking forward to the Dullahan update, because I know for a fact that there will be a surge in people coming back, trying to do Dullahan with 21k attack or below, and then complaining that they don't have runes to get better stats. The same people who refuse to do this event.

The event is setup to encourage you to do it on one character, not spam it on multiple characters. I dont see a problem with this.

I understand people getting frustrated with the skill awakening runes, but thats largely due to skill awakening runes being bad, which is a by product of the badly designed skill awakening system. Considering that you can get to level 10 in 6 days, it would be too much to expect a high chance of decent runes from each level 10 egg. IIRC, you can get like 25+ level 10 eggs before the event ends?

If your concern is time, then do s1 dailies on hard, possibly skip the ortel one and just do one boss for the s2 daily on easy. Most decently geared level 90s would be doing s3 dailies anyway, or s2 dailies for scrolls/accessories. If you have very limited time, you make as efficient use of it as possible. Or just skip the event, since it would be faster to buy most of the runes by working a few hours at a part time job.

Just because you spread out the dailies on multiples characters resulting in inefficiency doesnt mean the event is bad. Ive put in less than half the amount of hours you have (even though i did most s1 dailies on hero early on till I realise it was too slow) and ive gotten a premium enchant rune out of it so far, and im only doing it on two characters. Plus plenty of fun partying with people who would never have bothered with the dailies otherwise.

Im not saying the event is perfect, I can of course, think of plenty of ways it could have been improved, but the #1 complaint that ive seen regarding the event, not just here, but ingame and elsewhere, is that they have to actually do something to get the rewards. Which just makes me facepalm. #2 complaint probably being that the level 10 eggs dont have a high chance of giving you premium enhancement runes.
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Could have made the 10th egg give 1-3 tickets, and let you pick your rewards from the exchange shop. Only thing I need from this event is an extraction rune, and having pulled two enchant runes has done me no good so far. Still, I'm very appreciative of this event and just think most other people are too lazy.
    Yuria100Order5
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Again, as others have said, the time spent does not work out to valuable rewards for a lot of players. The Chieftain Event and the Wheel of Misfortunes events were both much better in terms of payout after time spent. This event could have blended raids with dailies both as sources of the chow and even set a higher cap. Let players do what they want to do and be rewarded by it. As it is, I'm not really a fan of it.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    It's fine doing dailies, if only most of them would be interesting tho.. but they aren't.

Today's are : Gold Leather, Final Slingshot, Wake Up Call. Put all 3 of them together cuz it's like, tutorial levels so whatever.
    Prairie Entrance - quick, 2 maps
    Gnoll King - meh, 3 maps but the boss isn't really interesting.
    Madness - Ezroch's good at least, good Hero + SoM
    Investigation - urgh, boring
    Pursuit - fine I guess, with SoM + Hero
    What the Dead Leave Behind - Chiulin Hero, BEST.
    Inverse Blade - ez

sg - chance for The Dead maybe, also it's 'quick'

BCE - quick, ez
    Burning Vice - ez, chances for Keen