[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

So everything's back up...but can't start the game

Comments

• TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    Srsly, I love the game so much, always trying to maintain somewhat positive attitude toward you guys and the game, and have invested a lot of time & some money (hey, I'm no big whale but it's still something), but with all the hassle you guy keep introducing into the game, I think it's finally the time for me to move on.

At least, I can thanks you guy for telling some of your player to get lost in the most subtle way possible. It's so tiresome and exhausting to keep loving the game with changes after changes that making the service worse and worse.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited April 20, 2017
    Soj wrote: »
    What's the deal with some people being unable to log in?
    People playing from IP blocked regions (such as some countries from EU, or Israel) used direct launch after migration to continue playing, because the launcher was preventing them from starting the game.

The launcher has very significant influence on game loading speed and is an issue for multi-account users without a doubt. The only pro behind using the launcher from my perspective is the lighting / sun ray effect, which rarely ever turned on otherwise for me.

Want to make things better? Start with:
    • White-listing pre-migration accounts, so old players can continue playing despite their country is no longer supported.
    Add TIR
    Didn't list account switching, because it's probably beyond Vindictus team power.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    If this keeps up, you guys might as well sell this game to a different company that actually listens to their customers.
    Delteroshi5joshZaytiatusYuria100Controller001
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I'm really just considering quitting until this is fixed. Better to go out on a high than watch this game slowly run into the ground.
    hi5josh
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Ah, so they finally patched the direct launch.

See ya.
    hi5josh
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    Lol at all these pseudo-quitters again. We had how many like these back in EU forums? There was this Vella guy who made a thread about quitting and came back after a month and Gwell who "quit" for a week. You know how you can tell whether somebody is really quitting or pseudo-quitting? Players who really quit don't announce it on the forums. They simply quit. Players who publicly announce their intent to "quit" are just doing it to get a reaction.

It's like those girls who tell their boyfriends "That's it! We're through! I'm leaving!" and they never actually mean it. They just say that hoping they'll get a reaction from their boyfriend begging them to stay. Meanwhile Nexon is not going to stop you and won't give you a reaction because they just don't care. And you know what happens to those girls who "leave" when they don't get the reaction they wanted? Come back knocking on the door the next day. So see you all next update. Or next week. Whatever.

And yes I actually knew a girl like this. She lived downstairs and broke up with her abusive boyfriend like 5 times. Every time she told me "That's it! This time I'm REALLY leaving him!" I'd just roll my eyes and be like "Mhm". So now I'm just imagining Nexon employees\forum mods\whatever just sitting there reading all these "I'm leaving!!!" empty threats and going like "Mhm, see you all next week".
    hornywatermelonGewelliriouswocanimeiEnigmaTaro
  • StormCrusherStormCrusher
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    edited April 20, 2017
    yeah well, some of us has no choice but to leave because WE CAN NO LONGER ENTER THIS SHITTY GAME

:D
    hi5joshController001
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    Lavonne wrote: »
    Lol at all these pseudo-quitters again. We had how many like these back in EU forums? There was this Vella guy who made a thread about quitting and came back after a month and Gwell who "quit" for a week. You know how you can tell whether somebody is really quitting or pseudo-quitting? Players who really quit don't announce it on the forums. They simply quit. Players who publicly announce their intent to "quit" are just doing it to get a reaction.

It's like those girls who tell their boyfriends "That's it! We're through! I'm leaving!" and they never actually mean it. They just say that hoping they'll get a reaction from their boyfriend begging them to stay. Meanwhile Nexon is not going to stop you and won't give you a reaction because they just don't care. And you know what happens to those girls who "leave" when they don't get the reaction they wanted? Come back knocking on the door the next day. So see you all next update. Or next week. Whatever.

And yes I actually knew a girl like this. She lived downstairs and broke up with her abusive boyfriend like 5 times. Every time she told me "That's it! This time I'm REALLY leaving him!" I'd just roll my eyes and be like "Mhm". So now I'm just imagining Nexon employees\forum mods\whatever just sitting there reading all these "I'm leaving!!!" empty threats and going like "Mhm, see you all next week".

Im sure some are not going to quit but its obvious a lot of people have. I mean its not like the state of the game is great and people are just making whiny idle threats. The game population is terrible right now and down on all Nexon titles and if you just take a look around you the community is extremely anti-Nexon and has been on a steady decline for months/years now. Even people who had a lot of patience with Nexon and tried to give them a chance are just throwing in the towel.
    FreakingAngelController001
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    yeah well, some of us has no choice but to leave because WE CAN NO LONGER ENTER THIS SHITTY GAME :D

I was not talking about IP blocked people. Obviously people who got locked out because Nexon switched the locks didn't have a choice and you won't see them coming back in a week\next update (unless Nexon fixes it by then or somebody finds another loophole). My post was not directed at them.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945

I should do that again, then we can hear next week : we bring you out the new lv95 content. So I can come back after another week again.
    I'm also still waiting for a game like Vindi, but there are none. No, BDO was getting over-boring, thank you.
  • NinoGNinoG
    Vindictus Rep: 105
    i keep recieving this message "[auth] fail to authenticate sso server. Please try again later"
    Trying to reset password > not work
    Reset full account > not work
    Check firewall, run as administrator > not work
    Change into another email address > not work
    Same message is still appeared.
    Im trying to repair or reinstall the game atm. If it won't work, then maybe i gonna quit and wait for next update.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    NinoG wrote: »
    i keep recieving this message "[auth] fail to authenticate sso server. Please try again later"
    Im trying to repair or reinstall the game atm. If it won't work, then maybe i gonna quit and wait for next update.

Try launching the game via the nexon launcher or steam.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited April 20, 2017

unfortunately, direct launching vindictus doesn't work anymore. If that was your only way to access the game, you are out of luck now.

no announcement has been made of the issue, I doubt it's going to be resolved anyway
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530

Actually, no. Often people who have invested time and resources into a product or service voice their dissatisfaction before they simply leave. You're right, many don't, and that's often to the detriment of both the rest of the community and any company involved because the situation ends up being one where they don't understand what went wrong until it's too late. Not the best situation.

The people who hurt communities are those who belittle the genuine issues that others have and give voice to. I get that you're not a very compassionate person and that you get joy from constantly insulting others, but it hasn't before and won't ever stop me speaking up about valid concerns, nor should it sway anyone else. It's funny that you go so far out of your way to point out where others are hypocritical when they interact with others yet you complain about people complaining about legitimate concerns. I can't imagine that's a very satisfying way to live, buy my experience isn't yours, so I'll leave you to it.
  • NinoGNinoG
    Vindictus Rep: 105
    Question2 wrote: »
    Try launching the game via the nexon launcher or steam.

Tried thru nx launcher. It said that connection error. Btw my lil bro is still launching directly on windows 7 without problem.
    I failed on windows 10 :(

Suhpreme
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    edited April 20, 2017
    Btw my lil bro is still launching directly on windows 7 without problem.
    I failed on windows 10 :(

I'm also on 7 and can launch the game, but I get an SSO error that doesn't actually allow me to log in.

Lol, sounds like someone's trying to project their anger over here.
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    Have all these people who depended on direct launch really just been left out to dry?
    hi5joshskyee
  • TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975

Oh hey, I think it's me you are pointing at.

Have you ever think what it take for someone to announce their decision to quit a game on its forum? Maybe it need a little bit of interest that's still left in that person, to voice their dissatisfaction about a game that they liked (and still like) so much, instead of just silently left because they don't even want to see it anymore? I might come back, really, I don't deny it, but it will be because I miss the game and want to enjoy it again, not because what Nexon did is magically become acceptable.

Maybe it's a strange concept to someone as insensitivity as you. You are free to reply, but I'll just ignoring your post.
  • KouzuiKouzui
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    I kept getting "unknown network error" and nx launcher didn't work. Then I was able to fix it after fooling around.

Uninstalled the nx launcher. restart pc. Reinstall nx launcher. Don't start it after install. Restart PC. Then try launcher.
    Somehow restarting pc after each step worked for me.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    I thought direct launching was a banable offense anyway. What is going on?
This discussion has been closed.