[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

So everything's back up...but can't start the game

Comments

• MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    You guys remember the time when the launcher got introduced (forced) and the population halved?
    What's half of a half?
    MixxiaArishaLQuickLightDelterosController001
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Can't believe you guys really didn't learn from all the players you lost with the initial forced move to the Nexon Launcher. Who is running things over there? Do you really think there's any chance of getting us to check out other titles you host when you do it by brute force? With this and the recent ban wave I'm done supporting this title.

You don't communicate with us before making sweeping changes, you don't reply to polite inquiries made by large numbers of players, and you don't take players' best interests into account before you implement systems that literally make the game unplayable for some. I don't understand the motivations, but if your end game is wrecking your players, grats on hitting the new level cap.
    SojMixxiahi5joshConfidazedgumballDAOWAceSuhpremeArishaLStormCrusherBountyand 11 others.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited April 19, 2017
    This shitty launcher is finally shoved into our faces again and was only successful because they got rid of their other login servers lul.
    It does nothing other than to inconvenience players.
    Those with multiple accounts have to waste time relaunching the game.
    ArishaL
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    You guys remember the time when the launcher got introduced (forced) and the population halved?
    What's half of a half?

I'm not sure the math would work out as its far from being linear. This game's population has been hemorrhaging players for long than I can remember. I've always tried to think optimistically about things, imagining that Nexon could undo the damage from the past by correcting their mistakes. Now I can say that I'm no longer hopeful.
    ConfiSojArishaLQuickLight
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce
    Vindictus Rep: 1,165
    edited April 19, 2017
    It's not possible to direct launch anymore?

Well there goes the ability to play my alt accounts, since I don't run steam or the launcher on those computers (copied from main every patch). Edit: Hell, I can't even play them on my main computer, since Steam only registers to a single account and the only way I could login to another is via direct launch.

I mean, not like the change to e-mail login didn't significantly impact that anyway. Not only is it significantly slower to login, I don't even know half the e-mails for my alt accounts, and I DON'T EVEN HAVE ACCESS TO TWO OF THEM because the e-mail service shutdown. I haven't been able to update my information on them, and in fact I can't even login to one. They're all old old accounts created over 6 years ago (and my main's been here before Mabinogi's release).

So yes, I agree with everyone else about how astoundingly stupid this is. The forced nexon launcher and complete banning of the discussion of direct launch significantly hurt the playerbase, and now this change hurts a bunch of the remaining players.

Why is Nexon making it consistently harder for everyone to play their games? They're not even offering anything beneficial in return; just implementing more cash-grab nonsense in them. It's sickening, aggravating and depressing.
    hi5joshPrototypemindArishaLPixelPantsu
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    hi5josh wrote: »
    What's half of a half?

I'm not sure the math would work out as its far from being linear. This game's population has been hemorrhaging players for long than I can remember. I've always tried to think optimistically about things, imagining that Nexon could undo the damage from the past by correcting their mistakes. Now I can say that I'm no longer hopeful.

When I said that, I don't mean it literally.
    What I mean is that what happened then is going to happen again now.
    hi5josh
  • MonohaMonoha
    Vindictus Rep: 1,485
    So I guess it's time for me to quit all my characters since I can't log into them. Thanks Nexon always looking out for interest of playerbase and forcing unwanted change down people's throats.
    hi5josh
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    Monoha wrote: »
    So I guess it's time for me to quit all my characters since I can't log into them. Thanks Nexon always looking out for interest of playerbase and forcing unwanted change down people's throats.

What's the deal with some people being unable to log in?

I've only ever logged in using verified email addresses so this update hasn't hindered me at all.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Do you want people to quit? Because this is how people will quit.

Killing off one of the few things that is extremely convenient for players to use is kinda stupid but hey, you do you.
    hi5josh
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    edited April 19, 2017
    Soj wrote: »

I've only ever logged in using verified email addresses so this update hasn't hindered me at all.

A lot of people have been using direct launch since they've been playing. I have for almost 7 years coming up this fall. When you get used to something, its hard to change, especially if the change is only going to be a handicap with nothing positive added.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    @Soj you could login previously with a Nexon ID. Now you must use an email, and it must be verified. It's been so long since they've needed to actually needed to access the email account for any reason that they have actually lost access to it. You can't just change the account email without verifying first, meaning that some players are entirely locked out of accounts that they've had for years.
  • MonohaMonoha
    Vindictus Rep: 1,485
    Soj wrote: »

You can't log on to multiple accounts on steam. One account linked per steam account.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Other servers have been using launchers that work awhile ago. This is pretty much inevitable.
  • LofenixLofenix
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    i hope they fix the the login issue. i cant get pass the server selection login screen right now. it give me " failed to authenticate SSO server " . sad.
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    edited April 19, 2017
    Lofenix wrote: »
    i hope they fix the the login issue. i cant get pass the server selection login screen right now. it give me " failed to authenticate SSO server " . sad.
    If you're not running Vindictus with a Nexon or Stream launcher, you're pretty much out of luck.
    Direct launch doesn't work anymore.
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815

Are you using the Nexon Launcher or Steam?
  • LofenixLofenix
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    Dealer wrote: »

Are you using the Nexon Launcher or Steam?

nope. since they blocking sea region. the only way to play is from direct launch :'(
    StormCrusherController001
  • BountyBounty
    Vindictus Rep: 1,140
    Can't believe you guys really didn't learn from all the players you lost with the initial forced move to the Nexon Launcher. Who is running things over there? Do you really think there's any chance of getting us to check out other titles you host when you do it by brute force? With this and the recent ban wave I'm done supporting this title.

You don't communicate with us before making sweeping changes, you don't reply to polite inquiries made by large numbers of players, and you don't take players' best interests into account before you implement systems that literally make the game unplayable for some. I don't understand the motivations, but if your end game is wrecking your players, grats on hitting the new level cap.

my thoughts exactly as i posted in their maintenance thread..
  • StormCrusherStormCrusher
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    So i guess i no longer can play since direct launch is not working anymore :D
    thanks for the region blocking Nexon...
    hi5joshLofenixController001skyee
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    nope. since they blocking sea region. the only way to play is from direct launch :'(

So from patch notes....."On Wednesday, April 19th, all services for Vindictus will perform a scheduled maintenance in order to enable everyone around the globe to better enjoy Vindictus and other Nexon titles". Who is the "EVERYONE"? They blocked EU regions that they shouldn't have and also made it MUCH harder for anyone with multiple accounts to enjoy the game. 'Oh I need that Nea raid on my Delia lets reload the game for 5 mins and hope that pug group doesn't fill.'

Have they at least grandfathered in the old EU beta accounts into NA that EU grandfathered in after beta? You know those accounts that were able to keep playing cuz they were in beta and they played fine on the EU servers for years till they hit that NA brickwall? You know that group of people who were some of your biggest supporters since they were playing since BETA?

SuhpremeController001skyee
This discussion has been closed.