[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What do you guys even do in game nowadays?

ThePharaohThePharaoh
Vindictus Rep: 1,890
edited November 1, 2016 in General Discussion
Like if you already have decked character, what else is there to do??
I feel like I'm only chatting in game nowadays and ocassionally pvp. Everything is obtainable from seal shop easily and my gear is completed so I don't see the point of grinding and raiding hardcore anymore.. I feel so lost in game x.x

Even the future content like habitant and neimhain feels the same. I'll probably run em for titles only. Habitant gives new armor but the majority of us probably already capped for s3. And gearing for neamhain just feel like a wasted effort cuz it's only 1 battle and no one will run it more than 100x. plus I just need immoral for 140 crit and I wouldn't even need to run him at all for stat cap huehue

What about the rest of you guys? What makes you still excited about the game?
Maybe I played too long lol

Comments

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Playing the game! It's not a job, log in and kill stuff if you want to play Vindictus. There's plenty of other mmos with more detailed stats to pump time and money into out there.
    XieOkatsuDinko4TheWinsabersatenAqua22MilioTheGreatCreidnejjXOrder5SaintGuinness
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    edited November 1, 2016
    but i feel like the rewards are just not as satisfying as it used to be ya know :c
    like back in s1, getting 50m glas pants or 400m elchulus tear was like a blessing from god. but now getting weapon essence just feel like... meh... okay...
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    edited November 1, 2016
    - Mainly working on gathering enough gold so I can buy Phoenix wings and be fabulous too.
    - Just do raids that I like out of nostalgia
    - Stare at my characters. It's kind of rare to find a game with realistic aesthetics. Imo, Vindictus comes in 2nd when it comes to how realistic the characters look (BDO takes the lead). Most MMOs these days have an anime-ish feel which is fine but I'm more interested in a realistic art style. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. Lol
    - Join people's story raid boats
    - Work on getting 600 titles
    - Work on getting gold to min-max Lann's gears the best I can (gg videk)
    - Work on getting a +10 lvl 90 weapon for Sylas

... Unfortunately, this semester has been rough lately so I can only play 2-3 days out of a week so I guess the main thing that I've been doing lately is stay off-line. ^^;

Edit: Also, I'm willing to take Phoenix wings donations. Feel free to donate one to me! :D
    Noburo
  • PortalsPortals
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    edited November 1, 2016
    There isn't much left to do when you are capped on stats unless you set some bonus personal goals. Things like soloing everything in the game, dressing up your characters, gold capping X number of characters, etc.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    ThePharaoh

And gearing for neamhain just feel like a wasted effort cuz it's only 1 battle and no one will run it more than 100x.
    If by 100 you mean 100 times for the accomplishment bar, than those 100 times will take at least a year to complete, because you can only do this raid twice or once a week (if I'm not mistaken). Just sayin'.
  • ThePharaohThePharaoh
    edited November 1, 2016
    but even after you finish the bar, the extra stats is kinda only good for running more neimhain, except maybe the little attack uncapper. but even then, the majority of the uncapper comes from the weapon and the uncapper only work in s3... and all s3 drops are in seal shop :c
  • SaniteeSanitee
    Vindictus Rep: 2,205
    I log on to creep on people.

Then cry about titles.

Then I log out.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    I understand a sense of progression is important, but I find it odd that people play games to max out their character window values and damage numbers which can be disabled in the menu anyways. It's probably much weirder that I'm still so wildly entertained by the base experience of the game's combat after all this time, though.
    Xie
    Xie said:

- Stare at my characters. It's kind of rare to find a game with realistic aesthetics. Imo, Vindictus comes in 2nd when it comes to how realistic the characters look (BDO takes the lead). Most MMOs these days have an anime-ish feel which is fine but I'm more interested in a realistic art style. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. Lol
    I agree, it's always a choice between full uguu anime or uncanny valley with these games. My main interest in BDO is the character creation so I never bought it, too bad the trial character creator is locked out now. Beautiful game.
    Xie
  • TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    Always played for the combat in this game. Personal accomplishment, like never getting hit while having 100% up time on the boss. Frankly, this game does progression pretty poorly since so much of it is pure RNG and zero skill (it's less now that the seal shop was updated) I'd play other games if I just wanted infinite progression (BDO or BNS) But what does that I loved was NOT force you into upgrading anything other than your weapon. If you're good enough, you could still run raider's gear and keep up with all the fancy 15k def 90s. I like a game that I can play how I want to, not a game where I have one road to go down.
    Noburo
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    All I do now is blow up a weapon, farm ap, sometimes seals. get that weapon back, blow it up, blow another weapon. Rinse repeat.
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    edited November 1, 2016
    I play to enjoy the combat. Vindi's combat system is unique and I like to challenge myself on the raids I find fun like attempting a 0 hit Regina or Iset. The story ain't bad either, I'm immersed in the S3 story so far.

And also so I can play dress up with Hurk. And Arisha. Sexy chars everywhere.
  • LaludiaLaludia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    Bankstand (forgot who came up with this term but it's great)
  • MiracleMiracle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,580
    Play dress up and ya. Bank stand
  • DelterosDelteros
    Vindictus Rep: 2,855
    A lot of bankstanding.. +shy
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Honestly? I just run solo misty farming and S2 raids in between.
    Sometimes if I'm feeling spicy I'll do dual ben chenner runs with a friend or boom weapons for fun.

• ArthyenArthyen
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    Log in once in a while and say hi to my guild. If I am in the mood, I might do some raids. Though, that rarely happen now. I already got most what I wanted, any remaining goals needed to be completed is either too expensive or just requires so much grinds.
  • LaosduudeLaosduude
    Vindictus Rep: 3,005
    edited November 1, 2016
    After getting lucky on making a 14+ regina hammer and it's permabound now, it gave me motivation to farm a little to enchant my own regina gear so I can have full unbinds. I'm still missing gloves and boots and a whole lot of orange composites. The seal shop update has made it nice for my to constantly yolo items with orange main feather. Then just combat in general has stuck onto me for these 6 years and ongoing, but I do eventually take breaks by playing other games and then coming back.
    PixelPantsuXie
  • LeXicOLeXicO
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    Blow stuff up
  • RivaRiva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Seeing myself do top dps makes me feel better about myself and inflates my e-peen
  • LaosduudeLaosduude
    Vindictus Rep: 3,005
    Riva
    Riva said:

Seeing myself do top dps makes me feel better about myself and inflates my e-peen
    Nice pump