[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Who's Happy?

hi5joshhi5josh
Vindictus Rep: 2,010
edited April 19, 2017 in General Discussion
Share your thoughts about the morale & vitality of this game...
  1. What is your current morale for this game?142 votes
    1. I love the direction this game is going in! :D
       11% (16 votes)
    2. *Facepalm* How many more mistakes can this game endure? Vindictus is going down a slippery slope! :O
       64% (91 votes)
    3. No preference either way...
       25% (35 votes)

Comments

• SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    face-is-tired-2.jpg

*facetired*
    hi5joshSpeedShotHerucrossArishaLBoatGodXiedaws360
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited April 19, 2017
    It's an exceed.

latest?cb=20110712123726&path-prefix=fr

(on a serious note, I'm gonna wait for their "game revamp" on May/June and take a decision about the game from there)
    hi5joshSpeedShotKiyoujiXie
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    RIP many Vindictus characters & IGNs
    SpeedShotArishaL
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    So many of us have so much time invested in this game that we would hate to see it all thrown away. There is a lot of frustration with this game, we know about all the people who have quit or who are quitting.

The most frustrating part for me is that there is no communication between Nexon and the playerbase. No Q&A, no timely responses, no accountability.

I'm sure we all hope and have hoped that things improve, but at the end of the day all we have to look forward to is new outfitters and broken content.
    ArishaLhi5joshPixelPantsuKenpoXieDelterosLordAlucarddaws360MaryJaneBlueRappy
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Soj wrote: »
    So many of us have so much time invested in this game that we would hate to see it all thrown away. There is a lot of frustration with this game, we know about all the people who have quit or who are quitting.

The most frustrating part for me is that there is no communication between Nexon and the playerbase. No Q&A, no timely responses, no accountability.

I'm sure we all hope and have hoped that things improve, but at the end of the day all we have to look forward to is new outfitters and broken content.

AND DISAPPOINTMENT
    hi5joshArishaLPixelPantsuDillonzdaws360MaryJane
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055

I'm seriously tempted to just mass fireworks in Colhen, despite all the sweat and blood poured into my account.
    hi5josh
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935

I'm seriously tempted to just mass fireworks in Colhen, despite all the sweat and blood poured into my account.

? i dont think its worth just cus you cant direct launch anymore, unless something else fked u over
    hi5josh
  • HerucrossHerucross
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    the poll's ever so slightly misleading.

the current state of the game is somewhat grim. however, i do like the direction that the game is going in, at least according to the list devcat posted about what they're aiming to change (see the future content section)
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Herucross wrote: »
    the poll's ever so slightly misleading.

the current state of the game is somewhat grim. however, i do like the direction that the game is going in, at least according to the list devcat posted about what they're aiming to change (see the future content section)

Well unfortunately we're run by Global and not KR, so we are continually turned into an experimental, poorly-run hot mess.
    ArishaLhi5joshMaryJane
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    edited April 19, 2017
    Yeah, it would be more meaningful if we actually heard something directed at us from someone we know.
    hi5josh
    #BringBackZoltar #BringBackMercenaryReports
    hi5joshbogermeal
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    edited April 19, 2017
    the poll's ever so slightly misleading. the current state of the game is somewhat grim. however, i do like the direction that the game is going in, at least according to the list devcat posted about what they're aiming to change (see the future content section)

Unless Im mistaken, I think the poll is referring more to Nexon NA game management (Customer Service, Player-NA Staff communication,Event Handling, Launcher Issue, Handling Bans etc) and not so much the development side (DevCat/ Future content)
    hi5josh
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    #BringBackZoltar #BringBackMercenaryReports

I actually just made a post a couple days ago asking for this... I think it got moved or deleted. IDK
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    The direction this game is headed in is.... - dead. That's my thought at least. There is no economy. Rare drops are worth next to nothing. The only thing thats worth anything right now is REAL MONEY related items. Anyone not willing to spend thousands to get geared in this game is gonna have a bad time. Just saying. Sorry new players but you're screwed if u ever had hopes of getting to endgame without spending your hard earned money.
    SylariusMastaDelterosMochiSweetdaws360
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Mixxia wrote: »
    the poll's ever so slightly misleading. the current state of the game is somewhat grim. however, i do like the direction that the game is going in, at least according to the list devcat posted about what they're aiming to change (see the future content section)

Unless Im mistaken, I think the poll is referring more to Nexon NA game management (Customer Service, Player-NA Staff communication,Event Handling, Launcher Issue, Handling Bans etc) and not so much the development side (DevCat/ Future content)

The problem with polls is that there is always an option that you would rather have that's not listed. I was trying to be simple and vague to give a positive, negative & neutral choice. I'm glad you brought this up, as the reason for this thread entails all the things you listed. I wanted to get an understanding of where everyone is collectively in terms of User Experience. Most of our complaint's aren't with Devcat, but I can't speak for everyone.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    As much as I hate to say this, these changes made hosting worse than ever for steam users.
    ArishaL wrote: »
    The direction this game is headed in is.... - dead. That's my thought at least. There is no economy. Rare drops are worth next to nothing. The only thing thats worth anything right now is REAL MONEY related items. Anyone not willing to spend thousands to get geared in this game is gonna have a bad time. Just saying. Sorry new players but you're screwed if u ever had hopes of getting to endgame without spending your hard earned money.

Really the prices dropping isn't an issue, the issue is that there's no balance for it. Some items have dropped to reasonable levels; being able to farm enough gold for a scroll every few days makes sense. NX item prices haven't dropped to compensate, however. The price of top, top end gear hasn't either. A newer player can farm 50-100m for a decent starter weapon in a little bit, but getting billions for a +14/15 ain't happening without selling said still highly-priced NX items.

If Nexon had gotten the gold buying under control years ago the game would be in a much better place and we'd have normal prices like EU.
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited April 20, 2017
    Suhpreme wrote: »

? i dont think its worth just cus you cant direct launch anymore, unless something else fked u over

If it's anything like before, then I'll probably see another steep drop in players.
    As if finding people alive wasn't hard enough already.

Game has been quite dead since forever. Only thing that's fun in the game is Neamhain.
    Pretty much just kinda a last push to not give any effs anymore.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited April 20, 2017
    Players in certain countries blocked from the game probably are not.

Personally i don't have so big problems with the game in general except the attitude of some staff members sometimes so i chose no preference. But i can't take the game itself seriously in the long term. Sometimes i'm momentarily upset because of dc, lag, bug, enchant/enhance failure but i'm usually not upset otherwise not even when i or my party mates make mistakes during a raid. For me Vindi is nothing more than just pastime for clearing my head from the daily crap.

I play this game mostly not for its combat but for its character mechanics because it can be satisfying when i block/parry/dodge an attack (in party it's even more satisfying when response times increase), or when i use a strong skill. The concept of the combat system isn't something unique but the characters' playstyles are, so that's why i chose character mechanics instead.

Furthermore what concerns me is the attitude of some players. Some of them add you on friendlist, some of them also offer you help like "if you need help, just pm me". They help you a couple of times but then they ignore you forever. The same happens in guilds sometimes. Or they will help you as long as they don't know your gender. If you can keep their imagination about your gender, then they will think you have the same gender your character has. And when you accidentally refer to your gender and you have the same gender they have then they will immediately ignore you. They will be less likely to go to your party or at least they will communicate with you less often than before. And you are lucky when you find some people to play with who won't behave like henpecked husbands and handle you like a princess or they won't behave like wh**es. But no disrespect to anyone in person, it's just one of my general opinions about this game's playerbase. Maybe a bit exaggerated but i hope you get the main point.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Depends if You are asking about the direction the game itself is going to (as in DevCat - developer actions) or the service (Nexon - publisher).

Current development team seems to be doing many quality of life changes, so I like it.
This discussion has been closed.