[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Neamhain Raid: Will you do it or pass?

Comments

  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Posts: 406
    Member
    This gonna be my only activity in game since i dont do ein.
    Need those mattck buff along with smash 1 to reach 30k.
  • OsmarHOsmarH
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    Posts: 15
    Member
    Hehehe. Why wouldn't we? It is vindictus!!!
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Posts: 765
    Member
    Waste of time, and the rewards are minuscule at best. It's like fighting penance from final fantasy 10 where this is your own punishment from challenging for greater heights should you accept it.

    I'm not gonna waste my time gearing up for one boss that gives me 2 crit rate for shooting her face to death 100 times.

    Also, you only get 3 attempts per week, and if you fail those 3 for w/e reason, you have to wait until next week to even try again. that means per year, you only get 156 attempts if you play this game every day.

    if you're lucky to win against her 3 times for 34 weeks straight, then I commend you as being a mmo god.

    I can't wait to see peeps rage in the mega phones on the first week nemain comes out.
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 149
    Member
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

    Waste of time, and the rewards are minuscule at best. It's like fighting penance from final fantasy 10 where this is your own punishment from challenging for greater heights should you accept it.

    I'm not gonna waste my time gearing up for one boss that gives me 2 crit rate for shooting her face to death 100 times.

    Also, you only get 3 attempts per week, and if you fail those 3 for w/e reason, you have to wait until next week to even try again. that means per year, you only get 156 attempts if you play this game every day.

    if you're lucky to win against her 3 times for 34 weeks straight, then I commend you as being a mmo god.

    I can't wait to see peeps rage in the mega phones on the first week nemain comes out.
    Rewards are pretty nice. 500 cap lift is really good.
    5 crit would free you up for a good immoral->righteous swap (well, in my case anyway)
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Posts: 765
    Member
    edited October 31, 2016
    Breadman
    Breadman said:



    Rewards are pretty nice. 500 cap lift is really good.
    5 crit would free you up for a good immoral->righteous swap (well, in my case anyway)
    Guess they changed it then. However, I'm still going to pass on this raid because barely anyone can host on West... if at all.

    If the boss can't kill you, surely the lag will at some point.
  • MistyBerryMistyBerry
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    Posts: 22
    Member
    I have to agree with Ikarsu. While the +5 crit and 500 cap lift is very good, doing Neamhain with the 'requirements' pretty much means I won't get much out of it if I fulfilled those requirements in the first place. If one reaches those requirements, that means you can do the hardest raid in the game. And that means you can do everything in the game. For some players, that means you are finished with gearing the character you wanted to make Neamhain-ready. It's time to move onto the next character.

    Sure, it allows one to be more flexible in how they wish to approach their stat-building, but by then, you don't need to really change anything if you can do the raid of all raids. You could say my concern is that there's nowhere else to utilize all those stats you built up to tackle something with a justifiable reward. It's back to waiting and seeing for bigger fish to fry.

    What I just discussed does reveal one good point though. Neamhain does provide an arbitrary goal for players to continue gearing up to that point. A good spot where one could feel ready to take on anything.

    Unless they release Hero S2/S3/Niflheim later after Neamhain's time in the spotlight (or something even harder), I don't see myself doing this raid on my 11 characters for the rewards unless I was under those requirements.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    Posts: 113
    Member
    If I manage to rebuild my twin swords before the time comes you can be certain I'm making that raid my slave.
  • NiburuNiburu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    Posts: 84
    Member
    edited November 1, 2016
    Necrochild

    A lot of time it's cheaper to just buy them preinfused. Not an available option generally for the kitty stuff due to bind on equip, but the blue brooch should be easier to roll crit on due to it being an already existing stat (roll +def twice in a row on my way, of course).
    Ya, i bought one when they were new, and it got a +2 crit on its 2nd or 3rd infuse. Same thing for the new earrings that came out, except those took me 23 </3 VIDEK
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Posts: 748
    Member
    edited November 1, 2016
    Niburu
    Niburu said:


    Ya, i bought one when they were new, and it got a +2 crit on its 2nd or 3rd infuse. Same thing for the new earrings that came out, except those took me 23 </3 VIDEK</p>
    You aren't allowed to start complaining about videk till you are at least >100 stones for a wanted stat... my worse run was over 250 and I know folks that have had worse.

    The stats are nice. I just doubt I will ever make it to 100 runs. (And I guess when I do the game will make it so those new stats are meh by then.)

  • NytsuyaNytsuya
    Vindictus Rep: 2,710
    Posts: 108
    Member
    edited November 1, 2016
    You know... I really want to but... By the time this raid comes out I doubt there will be anyone to run it with.( with proper stats)

    Most of my geared friends have already left this game and pugging is completely out of the question.

    Besides those points the biggest turn off is the 3x a week(win or lose?). I'm so sick and tired of these restrictions. There's not enough worthwhile content in the game as is... give us a break -_-..
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    Posts: 245
    Member
    ikevi
    ikevi said:

    Niburu
    Niburu said:


    Ya, i bought one when they were new, and it got a +2 crit on its 2nd or 3rd infuse. Same thing for the new earrings that came out, except those took me 23 </3 VIDEK</p>
    You aren't allowed to start complaining about videk till you are at least >100 stones for a wanted stat... my worse run was over 250 and I know folks that have had worse.

    The stats are nice. I just doubt I will ever make it to 100 runs. (And I guess when I do the game will make it so those new stats are meh by then.)

    250 stones is nothing :p I fed videk over 2500 blue stones and didn't get +crit infusion once on ring/belt/earrings; (11x negative crit infusions though). That scammer just took 50 intermediate stones this week without giving boots +def infusion, (and ofc, 5x -def infusions).

    The stats are nice but.. I wonder how long it'll take to actually get it. From what I understand, it is impossible for a single player to deal anywhere near enough damage to solo. Getting a well geared and skilled party for 100 runs might be very difficult.

    On the bright side, if that chance scroll buff comes before this raid get released, then I can have 140 crit before it starts without re-scrolling armor/accessories; just gotta finish the last 13 ein lacher battles to pach up bal loss.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,525
    Posts: 603
    Member
    edited November 2, 2016
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

    Dem tiddies tho.
    MochiSweet
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Posts: 792
    Member
    They should release an outfitter version of Neamhain's armor. I'd buy it in an instant for my Arisha. I wouldn't even care if it was Gachapon.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Posts: 406
    Member
    Hally
    Hally said:

    250 stones is nothing :p I fed videk over 2500 blue stones...
    How could you get >5b just for feeding Videk?



  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,525
    Posts: 603
    Member
    edited November 3, 2016
    QueenOfMana

    They should release an outfitter version of Neamhain's armor. I'd buy it in an instant for my Arisha. I wouldn't even care if it was Gachapon.
    Ask and ye shall receive.

    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

    It looks like an inner armor but I could be wrong.
    MochiSweet
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Posts: 130
    Member
    im too much of a filthy casual to be able to enter
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Posts: 792
    Member
    edited November 3, 2016
    dazedgumball

    QueenOfMana

    They should release an outfitter version of Neamhain's armor. I'd buy it in an instant for my Arisha. I wouldn't even care if it was Gachapon.
    Ask and ye shall receive.

    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

    It looks like an inner armor but I could be wrong.
    Is that a new hairstyle on the left? I have never seen it before.

  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Posts: 364
    Member
    Would do it as an actual challenge, which means not to see everyone facerolling it with all capped stats.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    Posts: 245
    Member
    edited November 6, 2016
    MochiSweet

    Hally
    Hally said:

    250 stones is nothing :p I fed videk over 2500 blue stones...
    How could you get >5b just for feeding Videk?



    By making one hell a lot of element stones over a very long time. Last year, I usually make about 400 stones a week; sell 200 to pay for material costs, feed other 200 to videk. Repeat for a couple months.. and you end up at my place.. of wanting to hang, draw, and quarter that scammer. This cannot be done nowdays anymore, as too many people have caught on to this, and mats now cost far more.

    -------------

    Neamhain outfit looks like an outfit to me, it kinda cover way too much skin to be an inner.
    MochiSweet
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Posts: 792
    Member
    I assume that the outfit is incomplete at the moment. It is missing a lot of components.