[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

So what's going on with DevCAT?

Comments

• EscherEscher
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited April 6, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    AimAndKill wrote: »
    Look at all the relatively hard parts of the game. Neam obviously comes to mind. When Neam came out, I predicted that most people would give up and stop trying after a month or so. Turns out I was right. When Neam first came out, I saw several Neam practice parties evey single day. After a month, that dropped to zero. And the number of parties that actually do successful runs now is 1, and they usually dont even have a full party. (Figures for your server will differ obviously).

-Been playing the game since the 44 cap back when nightmare at the ruins was out. This is some pretty funny truth. I'm all for end-game challenges, but hardcore raid behind hardcore gear requirements is pretty ridiculous.

To add on the population thing, you are also right. The most people i ever remember playing was back when titan was first released. And ever since the content drought after EP 9.5? (Server dragon raid if i'm not mistaken) it's just never been the same. Most of the hardcore guys i use to play with a few years back all quit due to the reasons stated above. Even one of the guys i use to DUO every raid with daily quit for another mmo, and he was as hardcore as you could get.

Vindictus just suffers from an identity crisis. If i could compare the old school vindictus to lets say, S3. The difference would be that, S1 vindictus was the dark-souls of the seasons. Where as S3 is like playing the DMC reboot lol.

-edit too lazy to fix dat dere quote
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    Sylarius wrote: »
    except I literally just stated why I "quit", and it was not for the reasons you stated...

can't you realize that ferghus and brynn ARE an issue for some players? clearly not all as some choose to remain, but they are an issue for some players such as myself. "the game would have died long ago" is reliant on EVERYONE disliking brynn and ferghus when in reality most of the people who continue to play Vindi only put up with it.

They can be frustrating if you're dumping money into them, or if you've got the mentality that you have to compete with those who either do dump money or are lucky, but they're hardly the biggest issue the game has. Lack of engaging content between updates is really what drives people from this game.

For real though, if this is the issue you most want to cry about, free to play games probably aren't for you.

What you're really not getting is that your perception does not equal reality. For me it has nothing to do with competition, and it has nothing to do with dumping money into RNG-based cash items. For me it is the simple fact that luck and not skill determine what you get. I have multiple +15s/14s, yet I can't get one on my main where I actually want it, which is just silly. What makes it worse is that on the second failure those items are gone forever. At least in TERA it's just throwing mats at it until you get there, but never actually losing progress on failure.

I get that you think your reasons = everyone's reasons, but they don't. You've been told that in multiple threads including this one. The most ironic thing is that you tell people that their reasons are not only not what they're actually saying and that they're lying about it, but that they are ridiculous when you're the one who threw a tantrum because we didn't have a Dye Event when you wanted it. Worse still the events going on at the time were actually very good for gearing up. You can continue if you like, it's already been demonstrated multiple times that logic doesn't affect you when you don't want it to so I'm done pointing it out to you.
    Sylarius
  • SylariusSylarius
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    For real though, if this is the issue you most want to cry about, free to play games probably aren't for you.

this is clearly pointless to continue, I am done as well. I fail to see how I was "crying" in any of my previous posts and when you turn to insulting us and our arguments because yours has already been disproven then the discussion is finished from my perspective.

As for s3 raids, yes I agree with Necrochild. Lord Glas is the only s3 raid I enjoy doing.

• JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    The people who quit because they blow up their weapon, are already people we should be happy about that they left the server.

Those are mainly greedy little crybaby kiddos. Who needs them?
    If you can not play the game 'smart' and have 'patience' and 'dont do stupid stuff or gambles' , then what is the reason for you to be here? +haha
    Zeze
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    What you're really not getting is that your perception does not equal reality. For me it has nothing to do with competition, and it has nothing to do with dumping money into RNG-based cash items. For me it is the simple fact that luck and not skill determine what you get. I have multiple +15s/14s, yet I can't get one on my main where I actually want it, which is just silly. What makes it worse is that on the second failure those items are gone forever. At least in TERA it's just throwing mats at it until you get there, but never actually losing progress on failure.

I get that you think your reasons = everyone's reasons, but they don't. You've been told that in multiple threads including this one. The most ironic thing is that you tell people that their reasons are not only not what they're actually saying and that they're lying about it, but that they are ridiculous when you're the one who threw a tantrum because we didn't have a Dye Event when you wanted it. Worse still the events going on at the time were actually very good for gearing up. You can continue if you like, it's already been demonstrated multiple times that logic doesn't affect you when you don't want it to so I'm done pointing it out to you.

So the tl;dr of this whole post is basically, "I can't refute your point properly, so I'll resort to personal attacks."

That's disappointing, and then you exaggerate my past posts as "tantrums" to try and discredit me, but since you've got no real information to back up that this game is dying mostly because of Brynn and Ferghus, I guess it's not surprising you'd stoop to this.

But if my posts get you this mad, it's probably best you steer clear of discussions like this before you get yourself banned.

• SylariusSylarius
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    So the tl;dr of this whole post is basically, "I can't refute your point properly, so I'll resort to personal attacks."

That's disappointing, and then you exaggerate my past posts as "tantrums" to try and discredit me, but since you've got no real information to back up that this game is dying mostly because of Brynn and Ferghus, I guess it's not surprising you'd stoop to this.

But if my posts get you this mad, it's probably best you steer clear of discussions like this before you get yourself banned.

Nice straw mans my dude.

• EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Devcat listened to me and release a bunch of outfits.
  • ZezeZeze
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
  • Ertxz18Ertxz18
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    Zeze wrote: »

Hopefully someone can properly translate this soon. I tried it with good ol' google and seems to be quite the huge update. We'll know more during May's testing.