[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Sylas PROS

ZensZens
Vindictus Rep: 10,795
in Sylas
id really like some guide to playing sylas if anyone had a basis i could go off thatd be greatly appreciated , hes fun to play , but i feel i could be doing more with him +shy
deliabaeReaperHeiSpearLannFTWTatsukixXxXHinataChaaaanRikaaaaaaSilentBeautyFionaBestWaifuLexxi1993

Comments

• MilioMilio
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    I don't have a guide at hand, nor do I think I'm smart enough to create one. However; I'd like to say I'm a decent Sylas. I can try and answer any questions you have?
  • EntropyKnightEntropyKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 535
    Milio
    Milio said:

I don't have a guide at hand, nor do I think I'm smart enough to create one. However; I'd like to say I'm a decent Sylas. I can try and answer any questions you have?
    I can vouch for him too. If you want a pro, look no further +haha
    Milio
  • AhrimixAhrimix
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I have a max level Sylas with all abilities maxed. I have pretty good stats but I still have some ways to go. In terms of skills, I consider myself pretty good so if I can be of any help let me know. My sylas' IGN is Phantomix.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    Sylas is good because he's hard for bosses to kill. Most of his damage basically comes off normals (due to phantom shards) so it's very easy to play safe if you're not very used to a boss.

Highest damage rotation is cyclone saw into illusion fist, if you dodge after your cyclone saw or charge illusion fist for ~1 second it will increase illusion fist's power by about 30%. Charging it is actually very slow in most cases and dodging before using it eats up a lot of stamina which is difficult for him to hold on to so I'd recommend just using the weaker, but much quicker and stamina efficient version of illusion fist. Using the uncharged version will only cost you about 1k (2k in the case of a crit) damage per rotation. Being sure that you land the enhanced timing on spirit rend is vital in doing damage since it makes a difference of 2 shards per rotation (which is potentially 4k+ damage as well as other advantages that I wont get into in this brief guide)

A big part of capping out sylas's damage potential is making sure you maintain the best version of his buff Phantom Force. There are 3 versions of phantom force
    Guard:
    When you're below 30% HP it will increase your defense and give you very slow health recovery until you pass the threshold
    Try your best to stay out of this stage
    Blade:
    Increases your damage
    Try to stay out of this stage
    Hilt:
    Increase your damage even more
    Gives you stamina recovery per second which you desperately need
    Maintain this stage as much as possible

Hilt is obtained by not taking damage for 30 seconds. Even if you do get hit as long as you were protected by phantom shards you will not return to Phantom Force: Blade

Skills:
    Sylas has a lot of SP moves. USE ALL OF THEM. THEY'RE ALL VERY GOOD

Spectral Sting:
    Throws 6 phantom daggers in a straight line for X(?) meters before they stop and begin to orbit around before hitting the target or disappearing. This skill only takes 250 sp which sylas gains very easily so you should be using it as much as possible. If it is off cool down use this skill right after cyclone saw instead of using illusion fist, then you may continue using illusion fist while this skill is cooling down.

Phantasmic slash:
    AoE attack that deals damage every second or so the target stands inside it, lasting about 10 seconds. It does more damage per consecutive hit, going up to 3x the damage of the initial hit (500/ 1000/ 1500). I'd recommend using this on sandbagged bosses like braha or kraken, or throwing it out while a teammate is using a lockdown skill on a boss. It slows non-major enemies while it's in effect but not bosses. It will slow down braha, however, as well as iset while she's in her first stage.

Extinction roar:
    High damage skill that has a 2 part execution. First you throw a marker out to hit the enemy, if it hits you will have 30 seconds to land up to 20 phantom shard hits on the target which will increase the moves damage (by how much I'm not certain). Use this skill AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as it does a good chunk of damage but it's cool down is very long, almost 3 minutes. So the sooner you use it the sooner it will come off cooldown. Unfortunately if you miss the marker it will eat your SP, however, it will not go on cool down until you activate the attack so you can try again once you have the SP.

Impulse zone:
    Least useful skill. Puts down an AoE that's good to stay in if you've fallen into Phantom Force: blade. It will restore your stamina while you're standing in it and increases your defense by a good amount. It doesn't serve much use if the boss moves away from it sadly.

Soul Drain:
    Very useful for keeping yourself alive. It serves the same purpose as a succubus fang, although with weaker effect, and has a 30 second duration with a 30 second cooldown for only 250 SP which is infinite health regeneration on paper. It will apply the buff on 3 other party members if they're in the area of effect when you activate it which is rather large and for each teammate it's applied to it will take 6 seconds off the duration of your own buff. I'd recommend moving away from your party when you activate this move if you need the health desperately since the buff isn't useful at all when applied to more than one other person given it has such a short duration for them.

Illusion shield:
    Applies a shield that restores a set amount of HP per second to yourself and 3 other randomly selected teammates. It will also reduce incoming damage depending on how much time is left on the buff. Does restore a good chunk but not nearly as useful as soul drain since it's cooldown is almost 3 minutes for a skill that lasts about 20 seconds. Also not reliable for your team unless you're in a party of 4 or less since it may not even apply to the person who needs healing.

That pretty much covers the basics, he has a lot of good tools that make him very viable and easily the most flexible character in the game. He doesn't have big numbers but he makes up for it with multiple hit moves and a lot of SP gain.
    MilioHerpador
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    I'm a bad Gold Medalist for Ein Lacher its fairly easy to play. However I have some ...Wireless Keyboard and mouse malfunctions so I have to kite them around mostly. Our SP skills are actually quite slow if you use against fast bosses there's a huge risk they can hit you.
    Okatsu
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    ^ Vids are a good example of how it's easy to play safe if you're not used to a boss and his flexibility when it comes to doing damage

His SP skills are not slow or high risk at all though. Aside from phantasmic slash, they all come out quickly and you can dodge immediately after/ in the middle of them. Not to mention the fact that they can all be used from a Kai's range so that you can see the entirety of a boss to know what it's doing while being out of range from all of it's attacks. They've also changed phantasmic slash so that you can dodge in the middle of it so that will soon be low risk as well. Extinction roar even gives about 5 seconds of complete invulnerability when you activate the attack that will even avoid red attacks and will hit the boss from anywhere on the map as long as they're not invulnerable.
  • BontakunBontakun
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    edited October 31, 2016
    Okatsu
    Okatsu said:

Extinction roar even gives about 5 seconds of complete invulnerability when you activate the attack that will even avoid red attacks and will hit the boss from anywhere on the map as long as they're not invulnerable.
    Extinction roar does give invul but it ends a bit quicker than the animation frame ends so you have to be carefull when you actually use it. Dont want to end up getting hit right after ending the attack.

• OkatsuOkatsu
    Bontakun
    Bontakun said:

Extinction roar does give invul but it ends a bit quicker than the animation frame ends so you have to be carefull when you actually use it. Dont want to end up getting hit right after ending the attack.
    I believe they've since fixed that on both extinction roar and arcane gate leaving you vulnerable before your first actionable frame.
  • ZensZens
    @okatsu are u on east server? I learn better with hands on xD Like seeing it myself +yes
    deliabaeReaperHeiSpearLannFTWTatsukixXxXHinataChaaaanRikaaaaaaSilentBeautyFionaBestWaifuLexxi1993
  • ZensZens
    edited October 31, 2016
    @Ahrimix on east too i hope? @okatsu i feel like im not using sylas to full potential still, I think my rotation is super bad XD and ive done most eins golded, im missing 4 gold medals , regina , timeless rage , slithering mare and another yet to see o3o .
    Idk it urks me i keep getting bested by a few % , i wana get better +yes

Maybe some 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 XD in betrayal to show pls +yes hit me up when u see this please +heart ty ty ty

and omg ive have that happen more than id like , getting hit after roar +pain
    MiliodeliabaeReaperHeiSpearLannFTWTatsukixXxXHinataChaaaanRikaaaaaaSilentBeautyFionaBestWaifuLexxi1993
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    edited November 1, 2016

@okatsu are u on east server? I learn better with hands on xD Like seeing it myself +yes
    Yeah I'm on east. You can catch me on my Sylas (Metagross) or on my Vella (Ambipom) most of the time. I'd be happy to do raids and help you figure things out.

Bonus:
    Streamed a quick S3 raid train and I think the Eochaid we cleared gives a good idea of how sylas should be used. I completely buster out at the beginning but manage to rebound thanks to the help of soul drain which is the best skill in game oh my goodness.
    I come in first even after wasting a bit of SP and manage to out DPS Pegasus who's a really good sword fiona and a lann with a +15 90 weapon.

https://www.twitch.tv/okatsu__/v/98449259?t=48m57s

(I came in first in all the raids recorded here but Eochaid definitely showcases the character the best. I came first in Regina prior to streaming too but I didn't think of streaming at the time and didn't want to deal with the FPS drops that comes with streaming + hosting anyway)
  • PeggiePeggie
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    I DEMAND REMATCH AUUGGHH
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    @Peggie Soon enough ;j
    You managed to out do my vella which rarely happens though so you've got that W
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    I would use Extinction Roar last and use Infinity Requiem at x3
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    If this is who I think it is, the only help you need is selling me that +15 dagger for 1 gold. +best