[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Only one - old players

LaharLahar
Vindictus Rep: 1,285
in General Discussion
Not sure what to do, I'll make up my mind later.

Deleted all my characters with only 2 remaining. Lv 90 Lynn and Lv 90 Arisha. I'd imagine Haggie being powerful but I do not care to make another new character ever again. Currently enjoying using Lynn more but I'd imagine Arisha is simply better, stronger and faster. It would make sense to keep both characters since they also don't have their secondary weapons. However I have been here for a very long time and simply want to delete everything but one character.

What are your thoughts and have you deleted everything but one yourself?

Comments

• BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    why would you want to delte them? keep them for kitty boxes
  • LaharLahar
    why would you want to delte them? keep them for kitty boxes

For me it's down sizing everything. I simply don't care to have more than one character. Keeping Arisha would be the smarter choice though I'm currently enjoying using Lynn. I don't care to log in with multiple maxed characters, only one.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Only reason I would delete a char is if I wanted space, but if I wanted space I would simply make another acct since I could get 2x the attendance rewards and such then. I see no reason to delete a character in a MMO, you almost always regret it because that's like deleting time you already invested into something. That's like if I say I completely quit Maplestory, and I'm gonna delete all my characters. Imo that's just useless since I've put time and effort into them even though I don't play enough for them to even be remotely well geared. I like the novelty and the memories each one has.
    CallistheneShizukaaScheherazadeDAOWAceDownIoadAqua22SylariusSunrisePDI
  • LaharLahar
    BloodAngel wrote: »
    Only reason I would delete a char is if I wanted space, but if I wanted space I would simply make another acct since I could get 2x the attendance rewards and such then. I see no reason to delete a character in a MMO, you almost always regret it because that's like deleting time you already invested into something. That's like if I say I completely quit Maplestory, and I'm gonna delete all my characters. Imo that's just useless since I've put time and effort into them even though I don't play enough for them to even be remotely well geared. I like the novelty and the memories each one has.

It's not anything about getting rewards anymore. I have simply been here too long and want to delete everything but one character. The only thing I could dislike is not knowing what both Lynn and Arisha's second weapons are, deleted the rest without caring much. I suppose I would trade both characters for a maxed female Haggie character.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited April 5, 2017
    i just keep characters around for events and inventory space( i hoard a lot of sht) but my only two 90's are evie and lynn and theyre both on separate accounts, with lynn being the one i dump all my money into and play
  • HerucrossHerucross
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    If you enjoy playing Lynn more, it'd probably make sense to keep the lynn, even if arisha's better at dps

but rather than hate yourself in the future for not having the hindsight to keep the characters you've spent so much time leveling, don't delete either of them. You're bound to get bored of lynn, why eliminate the option now to switch over to arisha if you change your mind later? having both characters sitting at the login screen doesn't mean you have to split time evenly between the two, just play whoever you feel like
    CallistheneShizukaaSylarius
  • DollfieDollfie
    Vindictus Rep: 925
    Your reasoning is very odd.

V0lterixShizukaa
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    If You want to play just one character - that's fine, but no point deleting the others. Keep them for shared titles.
  • LaharLahar
    edited April 6, 2017
    Lynn being my least played character was simply more interesting to me.
    I'll keep the character until I see the second weapon.

Arisha > Lynn
    Damage
    Speed
    Range
    Stamina
    Offense
    Defense

I was enjoying using Lynn a lot but the character is just terrible.
    As for down sizing and deleting all my character instead of having two moderate weapons I would simply pool all my coin and nx into one character, would probably have had a +14 or better by now if I only used one for awhile.
    2017_04_06_0000_2.jpg 2017_04_06_0001_2.jpg
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    1ms5e2.jpg

Crazy, ain't it?
    DAOWAceDownIoadCelestiaV
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    While I can understand the need to just keep one character, there's simply too much opportunity lost from deleting. Just pick one to focus on and ignore the other. When you get bored, sell your weapon and switch mains without having to start from scratch.

Keep in mind Arisha will probably get her second weapon long before Lynn.
  • LaharLahar
    Order5 wrote: »
    While I can understand the need to just keep one character, there's simply too much opportunity lost from deleting. Just pick one to focus on and ignore the other. When you get bored, sell your weapon and switch mains without having to start from scratch.

Keep in mind Arisha will probably get her second weapon long before Lynn.

For me I simply don't like purchasing unbind potions to sell everything. If both my level 90 characters had their second weapons already unlocked I would've deleted one of them already.

The thing is no matter how much I try I cannot do more damage with my Lynn using a +12 compared to my Arisha using a +10. I'm irritated enough to want to delete my Lynn after trying so much to get good with but as I said doesn't have it's second weapon also.

Well this is coming from a bored and old player who simply wants to have only one character and throw the rest into a fire.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    All my characters are my babies.

I can never delete one.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    I've deleted characters, but it's usually just level 10-20s who I started and either want to remake/rename without spending money, or I need more space on one account.

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited April 6, 2017
    You might wanna regret it, since you might be SUPER lazy to lvl all chars again if you'd be interested in them again. Don't forget future possible revamps for a certain char, or either secondaries as you said. I did the same thing and ew.. tho their names sucked so I'm not in 100% regrets right now but meh... most of them, if not all were above lv60.
    But eh gotta pay 20€ for changing your name ? Cancer. I'd rather lvl-back one char indeed, if only they'd make it not boring..

- First remove the battle points limit for some battles, I'm forced to do some sub-quests to unlock a main battle. (Red Archer -> Hunter at the Ruins -> Gnoll King)
    - Second, by the time you actually get the free gear from completing quests, you are already way over the level for it and you can already wear something more powerful by yourself, idk.
    - Third, it's kind of tedious going through the same 'annoying' sub-quests such as "The Sleeping Oracle", or "Argontel", or either "Night Shade". (and I miss a few ones)

When it comes to me personally, I should add the whole season 2 being really not interesting in a story pov. It's just, ew.. :< That's the main reason as to why I've always been stuck levelling chars past 70 and most of my chars always end up being 'stopped' at lv60-70... because season 2 is just aaaargh, f*ck it.

I should add that I might understand why OP wants to do that, seriously what's the point of keeping something you really DON'T wanna play anymore ? It's also "negativity", thinking like -> 'Why should I bother keeping Lann ? They revamp him but nerf him the day after, this char is hopeless so why bother ?'

Sounds like why you want to keep reading Fairy Tail when you know it's now one of the worst shonen of manga history.
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    theres is NO logical reason to delete a character, ONLY if you needed space in that account and ONLY if you wanted that char in that account for...pets or whatever.

So nope, you shouldnt delete any character, nope, nooooooooooope, nope, simply nope, do whatever you want but since you made an entire thread asking ppl their opinnion..... NOPE.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    actually just delete lynn, she sucks anyway
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    Lahar wrote: »
    The thing is no matter how much I try I cannot do more damage with my Lynn using a +12 compared to my Arisha using a +10. I'm irritated enough to want to delete my Lynn after trying so much to get good with but as I said doesn't have it's second weapon also.

See, that's the thing. Lynn's damage is one of the overall lowest compared to other characters. Arisha is currently very high on the damage list.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Might as well yolo that +12, let that make up your mind for you +haha

Really, though, I wouldn't delete either. Both will get second weapons that one would hope will be very different than their current, and people have posted that KR has the same kind of focused media ready for Lynn that was made for Kai/Vella/Karok before their revamps, meaning she will likely be getting hers this year.

But for real, you could yolo the +12 and see what happens. If it's not already bound, then sell it as is and buy your Ari some better gear.