[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How to do wall master?

ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
Vindictus Rep: 2,260
in General Discussion
Tried 3 hours can't get pass lvl 8
MochiSweet

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    hug back barrier and run.

Provided by Hetap.
    MochiSweet
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    edited March 27, 2017
    Disregard this one. Apparently double post happened (man, that's the first time that happened in the longest of times).

• QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    That method does not work for me. Feels extremely awkward and sometimes my character will just run in place instead of sliding to left/right and then getting hit. I made it to stage 18, but can't seem to get past it.
  • GldPhoenixGldPhoenix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    MochiSweet
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    Hmm I see pre running, also was shift a speed boost in this game or in another?
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    It's fixed speed, but hugging a barrier (mainly useful in irukul chase) will boost it by a bit. It's necessary once you hit stage 10 and beyond.
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    edited March 28, 2017
    I finished it head on holding sprint with forward and direction keys. I noticed that if you time it right and release the forward key, you will move back a little bit, allowing you to gain a few more frames. Also, try to keep your view on screen centered and angled slightly down. It helps a lot.

On another note, I found this much easier than the spear master challenge. This took me less than 30 mins where the spear challenge took me over an hour to clear.
  • KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    edited March 28, 2017
    Shift to sprint. You can even do the tap release tap release that shift to move faster than regular sprinting. The problem is stopping at the right spot. Also, it's probably best to be in the middle, because there are time when you have to sprint diagonally back to make it to the next opening.
  • QuinqueQuinque
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited March 28, 2017
    If you play with mouse mode you can try changing your run button to left click. I find it much easier than having the run button set to shift, leaving your left hand less buttons to press.
    At the beginning of each stage hold S and left click to make your character run downward, after that all you need to pay attention to is pressing A or D according to the wall pattern.
    You can use the spotlight on the bottom as indicators of where you wanna move your character, I always try to move to a spot so the lights are between the character's legs. Also watch the arrows on the next wall to prepare the next move. You don't have to wait for the current wall to completely pass you, you can move when the wall is on you.
  • GldPhoenixGldPhoenix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    I have run bound to CTRL (thats why I was complaining about my camera being off [was using right CTRL]). Double tapping run in the beginning might have been better than using two hands on the keyboard lol
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    edited March 28, 2017
    1- Be a Lynn
    2- Be a Lynn
    3- BE A LYNN!!!!
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Gamepad might help, I have movement bound to the left analog stick and the run button to the left trigger button. Camera on the right analog stick.
    Even with this setup wallmaster is still beyond frustrating, after getting my stage 20 I swore never to do it again.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    It appears that I've been doing the Wall Master all wrong. I finally managed to get the title on both Arisha and Hurk. All you really have to do is hold down your sprint key + directional key.
  • UpupupuUpupupu
    Vindictus Rep: 435
    Level 8 gave me the most trouble out of all 20 levels. It's just sort the awkward and sudden turning point where you have to start running instead of walking. The tiles on the floor line up with the openings in the wall, so I found that helpful for knowing exactly where to stop. You absolutely don't have to run against the barrier for any level. I didn't use it and finished, just makes my character jittery and difficult to control.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    hug back barrier and run.

Provided by Hetap.

confirmed this method works +yes

W3B5Bgb.jpg