[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Farming the Shorter Season 3 Story Battles

LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
Vindictus Rep: 5,275
in General Discussion
Does the changes in the Alban Festival patch make the story maps a better way to farm mats? Is there still trees and ore patches?

Comments

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited March 23, 2017
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Does the changes in the Alban Festival patch make the story maps a better way to farm mats? Is there still trees and ore patches?

I just tried Dedicuous Forest : there were no vein ores, neither the tree. Pretty sure it used to be there, so yeah.. they did remove those. However, boss still drops 2 cores (excluding VIP + badge)

Since it's only a map, it can still be good for fast farming. It's obviously less effective now, but eh..

Can confirm, just tried "Summoning Remnant" and there wasn't any shiny Luminary nor vein ore either. Rip.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    So only the daily areas now have ore veins/luminaries?
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765

Full runs and berbhe dungeons have veins and lums, along with Erg pots.

Story variants no longer have them.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Yea. I dont get why the change was done....even LESS people will be willing to help people with s3 story battles now due to how terrible the rewards are.
    LordAlucard

Yes, so it's all about quick farming cores now.

I suggest to farm "A Friend Once Lost" :

Probably the quickest, it's the second map of Ben Chenner Trailhead, however the boss fight takes place before those two bridges, which one lead to a Luminary during the daily.
    While you have to fight against one of the three 'main' sub-boss of Ben Chenner, it's the weakest of them all > Barchadus. However, might be careful as he's followed by berserkers spawns, which might turn to be annoying. (no problems with Scythe, but idk other classes)

How is it going ? Simple -> you spawn at the entrance, beat 3 OPTIONAL elves, one biggie spider which is optional as well. Then, you entered the locked area where you fight the boss. (you have to beat a few elves first tho)

But yeah, it's even faster than Autumn Red Beed in my opinion, even if the boss is supposed to be a tad stronger than normal bosses, he still go down pretty easily. (as I said, Barchadus is the weakest sub-boss between him, Enkidus and Thantanus)

Still some quick farming on these three other spots too : Autumn Red Beed (obviously), Orders from Above and Lochlann Plains Entrance. Forget the rest, unnecessary long for what it is now since there aren't any sources on the maps anymore.

PrototypemindLoLoBootyMochiSweet
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Checked Gewellirious suggestions: A Friend Once Lost is about as short as it gets. Although I think you need to kill the elves. The boss didn't spawn until I killed the last elf (may have been because I skipped them and they entered the boss zone?). 2 cores here without vip/blessing.

Notable that Orders From Above is that the erg pots are still there (If you beat the boss keep running the map pathway and you will eventually reach the erg pot). I know this was the go-to map before but I wouldn't suggest it. 2 cores here without vip/blessing.

Lochlann plains entrance is unchanged but here's what makes it different from the other 2 maps mentioned: The boss does not curse you and 3 cores are dropped without vip/blessing.

So now...which of these story bosses drop 2 cores and which drop 3?
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    edited March 24, 2017
    double post
    I think all Lochlann drop 3 cores. I tried Abandonned Ruins earlier and Epidemius (whatever his name is) dropped 3 cores. (excluded the ones from cadet badge, it was originally 4 cores)

Not really sure :(

But yeah, in terms of boss, elite gnoll is the worse in terms of strength, so it's even easier. I just feel that the map is kinda "vast" still.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    I think all Lochlann drop 3 cores. I tried Abandonned Ruins earlier and Epidemius (whatever his name is) dropped 3 cores. (excluded the ones from cadet badge, it was originally 4 cores)

But yeah, in terms of boss, elite gnoll is the worse in terms of strength, so it's even easier. I just feel that the map is kinda "vast" still.

Keep in mind the x-factor here is the time associated with waiting for a map to finish and loading a new boat (this matters more for really short maps). So you can do two runs of lochlann entrance of three runs of A Friend Once Lost for the same amount of cores.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    LoLoBooty wrote: »

Keep in mind the x-factor here is the time associated with waiting for a map to finish and loading a new boat (this matters more for really short maps). So you can do two runs of lochlann entrance of three runs of A Friend Once Lost for the same amount of cores.

Cept lochlann entrance will get you time delays and you only get perfects as opposed to keen weapon shards. Remember, those zones drop their respective shards only.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    I only tried Glowing Plant last night and it was terrible with no ores or luminary.

I will try A Friend Once Lost suggested by @Gewellirious over the weekend and post back results.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    I still think the best option for "farming" s3 mats is to just do the free battle daily (bce up to lochlann) and the berbhe daily on as many chars as possible because the daily battles always drop more cores I've noticed. The rate we get awakening stones is just too high for me to justify doing orders from above for over an hour (most I did was like 50mins with a 3man pt just having fun, got boring fast though and for how much time we put in we didn't get high rewards).
  • DivineAngelDivineAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 705
    So what's replacing Summoning Rem for iron ore farming now ? +call
  • IkarsuIkarsu

Nothing really... it's made so god ores are just as hard to get with leather and cloth... unless you solo BCE or LLP.

Maybe "World of Pain". It's a 'quick' Berbhe battle and there's a guaranteed ore at the end map. Or simply "Deep Contamination" farming (kick 7 mobs, etc), as there's also a mine ore at the last map as well.

I don't really remember every Berbhe battle, but these 2 ones are good enough.
  • IkarsuIkarsu

Maybe "World of Pain". It's a 'quick' Berbhe battle and there's a guaranteed ore at the end map. Or simply "Deep Contamination" farming (kick 7 mobs, etc), as there's also a mine ore at the last map as well.

I don't really remember every Berbhe battle, but these 2 ones are good enough.

World of Pain

Burning Vice

Devil's Cook

Operating Room

Rescue Mission

Deep Corruption

A Moment's Notice

Shattered Will

All berbhe maps have 1 god ore vein.
    I know, but World of Pain is quick to complete : boss relatively easy + 2nd area is only 2 maps : one which is literally a straight way + the other is one of those random map (shiny lumi+erg pot or gate lever + normal lumi or morbus map) which are all quick as well.

Burning Vice's last map is a bit of a waste of time due to the tortured gremlins part. (gotta wait for the annoying "elevator")
    Devil's Cook is also with that map with a weird mechanic (moving platforms), nothing hard but again it's a waste of time.
    Operating Room's boss is probably the most annoying of all, excluding Lograch, wouldn't do it at all.
    Rescue Mission also has that gremlin map.
    Deep Corruption/A Moment's Notice, both have that "long" drill map. Again nothing hard, also I play Scythe so I can just go through the drill part anyway, but not everyone has Blink gotta think about other chars.
    Shattered Will is obviously the hardest of Berbhe, then again, you can farm titles here so farming ores along is not a bad idea.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    edited March 27, 2017
    I just realized when someone mega'd for an Autumn Reed Boat XP farm train... this should change the way people farm XP. I would say a friend once lost is now a superior option.

Doubling down on what Ikarsu said about soloing LLP. Either choose the map with the closest ore patch to start and quit or play the easiest maps with 2 veins. If your serious about farming ore I'd say its worth it to get the mine paradise orbs lv 5 ability for pants.

• DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    After a bit of farming on the weekend I found Orders from Above and A Friend once lost to be very similar on drops/hr so I can't say which is better of the two but I'm leaning towards orders.

Have not messed with other quests much but BCE full seems to be viable if you can run quick times.

• IkarsuIkarsu
    DownIoad wrote: »
    After a bit of farming on the weekend I found Orders from Above and A Friend once lost to be very similar on drops/hr so I can't say which is better of the two but I'm leaning towards orders.

Have not messed with other quests much but BCE full seems to be viable if you can run quick times.

Orders has more dead bodies to deal with and the boss overall has less HP to deal with, therefore making it more efficient to farm.