[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Dodging Neamhain Gates the Right Way

EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
Vindictus Rep: 3,815
edited March 15, 2017 in Battle Quests and Guides

Be sure to giggle at the end.
Ikarsu7thRoninAnnerkyushinoNickieTsiiiMilitosXie

Comments

• BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    who found that spot....\+wow/
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Wow... other than that one spear, you are perfectly safe from that attack... holy crap... this saves agonizing hours of having my face being pierced by spears.
  • AnnerAnner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,935
    This is one of the best things I've ever seen.. LOL
  • ZatoxZatox
    Vindictus Rep: 755
    Dem.. so simple and yet so effective..

Gonna try it ^^, a 2nd method for dodging those would be a nice plus in case I get disoriented.
  • IzetIzet
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    edited March 25, 2017
    i tried to do this method, i still died ZSdKPRm.png

LF> practice neam runs b4 reset on monday V3oMWsT.png
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    Fk it, I give up trying to learn how to dodge it normally. Gonna give it a try if I can get a practice neamy going tonight.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    This is very late to the party, but here's another method to dodge. It takes advantage of the increased sprinting speed that came with the RISE update.

NOTE: If your connection to the host is poor, this way is not recommended as you will rubber band back into a spear and get hit.

A Simple Reference
    • 1 bar: Don't try it.
    • 2 bars: Try at your own risk. You will have to compensate by acting a fraction of a second early, but it's not a guarantee.
    • 3 bars: Works nearly every time, unless an anomaly occurs.
    • 4-5 bars: Should be 100% consistent assuming you have the timing down. Failing means you probably messed up.

NokaubureGhengisJohn
  • YagaminYagamin
    Vindictus Rep: 3,580
    edited September 25, 2018
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    This is very late to the party, but here's another method to dodge. It takes advantage of the increased sprinting speed that came with the RISE update.

A similar and easier way is to just stand instead of run (lower down the map if you have lower bars), then at the same timing as you start moving right in that video, run right half the distance shown in that video and dodge right.

I have 1 bar and can do this every time.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Yagamin wrote: »
    Cloakshire wrote: »

A similar and easier way is to just stand instead of run (lower down the map if you have lower bars), then at the same timing as you start moving right in that video, run right half the distance shown in that video and dodge right.

I'm aware of that method as well. In fact that's what I started out doing when I first learned how to dodge Gates. I just like the running method because it looks cooler and makes me feel like a badass XD. To each their own I guess.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Holy crap xD