[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

classes best for soloing content?

keeiitthkeeiitth
Vindictus Rep: 500
in General Discussion
best to worse? thanks!

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Sword vella/Longsword Fiona/Kai for solos. Crossgun being better than bow for solo IMHO.

Worse : Probably evie/lynn in general. Lynn kills trash mobs really slowly, scythe is slow, staff has issues with rage conductor solo.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Imo:

X gun Kai

Scythe Evie

Sylas

Spear Lann

Sword Lann

Hurk

Delia

Cetsus Karok

Sword Vella

Staff Evie

Arisha

Pillar Karok

Long sword Small shield Fiona

hammer Small shield Fiona

Bow Kai

Lynn

Chain Blade Vella

(both weapons) + Large Shield Fiona.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    edited March 22, 2017
    Raids - Twin Swords Vella, Sword Fiona
    Dungeons - Scythe Evie and Chainblade Vella
    Bad players - Sylas (has heals)
    Really bad players - Staff Evie (has more heals and mana shields)
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    edited March 22, 2017
    Spear Lann sandbag all the things. Except for Neamhain, that's a big no-no...
  • TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    edited March 22, 2017
    Ikarsu wrote: »

I would love to hear your reasoning for this list. Lann is higher on the list than sword Fifi and sword Vella?
    Xie
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Tariro wrote: »
    Ikarsu wrote: »

I would love to hear your reasoning for this list. Lann is higher on the list than sword Fifi and sword Vella?

Opinion based. Different people have different preferences to the same character in terms of soloing.

For speed running, solo-ability, and farming capability, some characters I find extremely bad chemistry to meet my needs for farming + speed through dungeons as fast as possible.

The main issue is Not how "strong" I can be, but how "fast" I can finish a farming run in general upon mastering the character in the process totaling to my runs per hour efficiency.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    you cant go wrong with Vella(Twinswords)/Scythe evie/Arisha/Flona or Hurk for soloing
  • TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    Oh I see. You're basing it on solo farming ability. I'm pretty sure OP meant solo bossing ability though.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Kai isnt the best for soloing for bosses compared to say Small shield flona /w ShortSword, l'll say that as a kai main who only plays kai
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Kais dps drops from like a 9/10 in partys to like a 6/10 for solo
    Valeska
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Tariro wrote: »
    Oh I see. You're basing it on solo farming ability. I'm pretty sure OP meant solo bossing ability though.

To be fair, the "soloing content" is classified as the following categories:

Farming regular dungeons (collecting drops in the fastest time possible where your runs are totaled every hour to calculate efficiency.)

Speed running (completing the run in the shortest amount of time possible using means within the game (except micro transactions), of which includes glitches of the character + environment, often involving face tanking a boss to deal damage.)

Doing the Ein Lacher challenge (can be rage inducing if going for gold medals against some bosses.)

Raid Boss solos on the highest difficulty possible + macha if possible if you're that confident about yourself (Most difficult overall for all characters, though in some cases are flat out impossible due to certain mechanics that said boss possesses. For example, the GIGA bomb knocking down X gun in an instant since his blasts goes from 0-86% in an instant.)
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    'soloing content'

I don't know, then again at high-level I doubt there's more dungeons than raids when I think about it.. but anyway, since I'm not sure, here's what I think about both soloing dungeons + raids.

If you ask me, someone that is doing more than good in both dungeon farming + raids : HURK.

While his damage aren't top-tier, he's definitely high on the dps ladder + in dungeons, I do see Hurks that rush enough to clear maps faster than almost all other chars.
    He's a good countering char for raids, especially since most of s3 bosses can be Deflect by Hurk, unlike before. (where you couldn't deflect Regina f.e.)

Sw.Fiona and Sw.Vella are probably faster for soloing raids, but if you wanna pick a char that does BOTH dungeons and raids, Hurk will be much better in dungeon farming than Sw.Fiona/Vella, simply due to mobility. And as I said, his damage aren't top-tier but are definitely high, and the fact he's a good counter char means he's pretty much balanced switching between both dungeons and raids.

Sw.Vella used to be better in XE due to smash-jump which literally makes Vella flying the whole map in a few times. However, this is no more on the Premiere version so, yeah.. I'd prefer Hurk in terms of BOTH soloing dungeons + raids.
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Man no love for arisha at all. Shes actually the most balanced out of the bunch if u ask me. Block/dodge/teleport and burst damage? Arisha can handle everything assuming you take your time to learn.
  • SunrisePDISunrisePDI
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    Question2 wrote: »
    Sword vella/Longsword Fiona/Kai for solos. Crossgun being better than bow for solo IMHO.

Worse : Probably evie/lynn in general. Lynn kills trash mobs really slowly, scythe is slow, staff has issues with rage conductor solo.

It would be nice if you could apply swift assassin on normal mobs cause lynn soo much depents on those swift assassin. And sad is you dont gain stamina on normal mobs if ya too bussy with mobs, wich delia can do from smash att.
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Pillar Karok is a lot better at soloing than people give him credit for. But ya when it comes to soloing sword Fiona takes the cake, easily.
  • IbNoobIbNoob
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    keeiitth wrote: »
    best to worse? thanks!

Any character your comfortable with I can solo great with lann fiona and Karok but not so good with others you just have to find your character
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    ArishaL wrote: »
    Man no love for arisha at all. Shes actually the most balanced out of the bunch if u ask me. Block/dodge/teleport and burst damage? Arisha can handle everything assuming you take your time to learn.

Her movement speed sucks for farming, though. Scythie, Staffie, Sylas, Karok, Hurk, and quite a few others are ridiculously far ahead of her, and most have comparable DPS.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    Scythe is best for its mobility and fast mob clear
    Sylas is just as fast but idk about mob clearing
    Sword Vella/Sword Fiona are great to solo bosses with.

Everyone else is more or less the same.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce
    Vindictus Rep: 1,165
    edited March 23, 2017
    If you ask me, someone that is doing more than good in both dungeon farming + raids : HURK.

While his damage aren't top-tier, he's definitely high on the dps ladder + in dungeons, I do see Hurks that rush enough to clear maps faster than almost all other chars.
    Hurk main here.

Every time I try to play another character I just think "Hurk could do this so much better.."

He doesn't care about stamina... to a point. He has super armor basically all the time while other characters get interrupted by attacks constantly. He moves incredibly quickly AND his movement skill destroys objects in a 5 mile radius.

I carry my other characters with him when farming (extra drop chances). S1/2 anyway; I don't farm S3 'cause it's stupid long.

The real downsides to him is that his attacks are pretty hard to hit with (vertical, not that good AoE) and, well, his damage scaling is actually mild compared to other characters now.. especially Delia. His attacks are hitting for 3k while hers are doing 6k, feels pretty bad. They really gotta unlock the rest of his skills now. Oh, and he gives me RSI. +sigh
  • FunnyGuy112FunnyGuy112
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    DAOWAce wrote: »

Hurk main here.

Every time I try to play another character I just think "Hurk could do this so much better.."

He doesn't care about stamina... to a point. He has super armor basically all the time while other characters get interrupted by attacks constantly. He moves incredibly quickly AND his movement skill destroys objects in a 5 mile radius.

I carry my other characters with him when farming.

The real downsides to him is that his attacks are pretty hard to hit with (vertical, not that good AoE) and, well, his damage scaling is actually mild compared to other characters now.. especially Delia. His attacks are hitting for 3k while hers are doing 6k, feels pretty bad. They really gotta unlock the rest of his skills now.

The mobility is really nice as well, I'm pretty sure he has one of the best mobility in the game so if you wanted to clear Lochlann, then Hurk is amazing for that.