[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Alban Festival Update

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Vindictus Rep: 6,750
in News Archive
On Wednesday, March 22nd, the next update will come to Vindictus and bring with it a new special dungeon, new outfits, the brand-new Alban Festival and countless improvements to make growing in power easier!

Alban Festival

The Alban Festival update brings forward a special festival for you to practice your skills with the Spear Master and Wall Master mini-games!

spear-throwing.jpg

Practice your aim with the Spear Master mini-game, throwing spears at pop-up targets. Hit 8 out of 10 targets before they hide again to move onto the next stage for greater rewards. The Wall Master mini-game faces you off against ten rows of oncoming walls with only a small gap to pass through. Get through them all to reach the next stage and fight for better rewards!

wall-dodging.jpg

The more stages you get through, the more Festival Trophy's you'll earn, with a Festival Gold Trophy rewarded if you complete all the stages. Take those trophies to Allysse in the Malina Inn to exchange them for special Emblems, colorful headgear inspired by the good William Tell and more!

alban-festival-rewards.jpg

More info on the update here: http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/21337/alban-festival-update

Comments

• Ertxz18Ertxz18
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    Will there be a list provided with the changes of all the enchant scrolls? Specially details like skill rank requirements.
  • jakkerjakker
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Are there any detailed informations about Delias improved attack hitbox?
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Looking forward to the update :-)
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited March 22, 2017
    Any details about lowering equipment mastery skills from r5 to r8 ? I suppose we are actually getting all changes KR got the 11/3/2013, aren't we ? (I remember on stream Saygo/Ehgess talking about purple mats, and this update also bring out something about purple mats being all unified to highest tier. (+10, 4*, r8)

I'm also pretty sure scrolls have been re-located due to all the changes + discontinuation of 72 ES.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited March 22, 2017
    New Special Battle: Shrouded Truth

The Alban Festival Update gives us another special team-up boss fight. The Blood Lord of Ainle was a formidable foe on his own, but can you withstand his barrage of attacks with the skirmishing Assassin Ekinar backing him up?

(...) You can complete the Shining Keaghan battle quest once per day, and only on Hard difficulty.

"Typo" - wrong battle name (from last patch).

Composite Item Simplification

We've also decided to simplify Composite Items a bit, in order to limit inventory clutter of lower-quality components. Blue-quality Composite materials have been standardized, so that all blue-quality materials for a specific slot are the same.

Actually blue materials have static stats and stack up for months by now. You probably meant just purples, which is great change.

Questions:
    • What can we get from the fishing event?
    • What are contents of Alban Festival Box?
    • Is Alban Festival Box an event item?

Ertxz18 wrote: »
    Will there be a list provided with the changes of all the enchant scrolls? Specially details like skill rank requirements.
    I am going to make a list of scrolls, ranks and other information in my Enchant thread. Not sure when it will be done though, as I have other priorities now.
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
    Ok dumb question, Where is the Spear Master mini-game at?
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    ^ At the exploration board in any city.
  • chicanechicane
    Vindictus Rep: 1,450
    How many levels for the spear game? Wall game?
  • MilitosMilitos
    Vindictus Rep: 1,480
    edited March 22, 2017
    chicane wrote: »
    How many levels for the spear game? Wall game?

20, and it expands the length of it after several stages.
    chicane
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    TFW you thought you'd found a semi-chill way to get your artifacts then realize that it's even worse than PvP. Mess just ain't fun.
    AbuseOfDiscretionPixelPantsu
  • AbuseOfDiscretionAbuseOfDiscretion
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    TFW you thought you'd found a semi-chill way to get your artifacts then realize that it's even worse than PvP. Mess just ain't fun.

Agreed, this is pure awful. I've never been so frustrated in this game. How in the hell do I hit the sitting kobold at the very top of the stairs on that stupid spearchucking game? Someone mark where to aim on a screenshot for me before I put my fist through the monitor.
  • PomPom
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    edited March 22, 2017
    Thoughts
    The Alban stuff would have been lovely if it had some competitive/party aspects in it, like who stays alive longest at the wall and who has highest accuracy on the spears. Now it's just something you clear once and don't really bother with anymore. In my case that took me roughly 40 minutes...

Apart from that, there's a "how long can you AFK in a fishing boat" event which isn't really a bad thing I guess. You can now AFK to become a bee. Some people like that, who am I to judge. New fashion was alright though!

And thus, we wait.
    On the next patch we wait!
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/4142/scrolls-location-enchant-changes

A fix would be cool, before people start to lose their items from a fail description.
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Mini-games that become impossibly difficult, a raid created by throwing darts at post-it notes and just throwing two unrelated battles together, and an afk event. WOW, now that's the barrels-of-fun content this game desperately needed.
  • MilitosMilitos
    Vindictus Rep: 1,480
    FIX MEE FASHIONSSS

uVgcm.png

uUWFF.png

uVgdT.png
  • ChunmanderChunmander
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    edited March 22, 2017
    Is this a permanent thing? This mini game that is.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    SirRFI wrote: »
    Actually blue materials have static stats and stack up for months by now.
    Apparently this change affects main materials (from raids).

Pom wrote: »
    You can now AFK to become a bee.
    pfwHbAw.png

Chunmander wrote: »
    Is this a permanent thing? This mini game that is.
    I guess so.
  • SchetilleSchetille
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    There's an issue with enchant scroll.
    I mean the description says only 6-7 ranks may destroy the weapon, but the fact I experienced yesterday was breaking my bs with stupid leopard enchant scroll which is rank 9. I've already sent a ticket, I hope you adress this issue very quick Mr.Saygo
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    This event is unfair because my Karok is very big and he can't dodge the walls as well =(
    hi5josh
  • Ertxz18Ertxz18
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    Does anyone have a table of the new success rates for enhancement?