[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Scrolls location/Enchant changes.

GewelliriousGewellirious
Vindictus Rep: 2,945
in General Discussion
Did they changed due to the new scroll ranking ?

And talking about scrolls/enchant :
1490217844-2017-03-22-0000.jpg

So, we got it or not ? Ugh..
Anthonytonyboymaelturd

Comments

• keeiitthkeeiitth
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    nope blew up innocent cry with a fast scroll.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Thats uh...a really misleading description....
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    That text should not have appeared until dullahan content came around. as of now, R9/8 will still have a chance to blow upon failure.
    DownIoad
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Funny thing is that this actually came AFTER enchant scrolls changes, since it actually got released during Dullahan as previously said. So the question is how Nexon gave us that description ? I see that they actually try to gie us the change, unless it simply doesn't work, I'm not surprised by any cases whatsover.

About scrolls locations, I guess I should wait for Dragonblade, since he plays KR he will probably know better.
  • Question2Question2
    How they get that description? Bad patch provided by devcat probably, translator did a wrong copy/paste, etc.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited March 22, 2017
    Normal rank 8 and 9 scrolls will continue to blow stuff up. We got the low rank scroll patch early; so the description that are proper in korean server isn't proper for our situation.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce
    Vindictus Rep: 1,165
    edited March 23, 2017
    Blew up my synthesized armor enchanting an r9 because 8-9's weren't supposed to blow up anymore according to the tooltip.

Nexon really REALLY screwed up.. AGAIN.
  • maelturdmaelturd
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    holy crap i got lucky
  • Question2Question2
    Dont you guys still get the popup warning that your item might be destroyed?
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Question2 wrote: »
    Dont you guys still get the popup warning that your item might be destroyed?

for R9-7 scrolls, yes.
  • Question2Question2
    Then why are people proceeding past the popup?
  • SchetilleSchetille
    Vindictus Rep: 680
    edited March 23, 2017
    DAOWAce wrote: »
    Blew up my synthesized armor enchanting an r9 because 8-9's weren't supposed to blow up anymore according to the tooltip.

I've already sent a ticket to them about this situation, you should do it as well. Since it's said that only r6-7 may break the stuff, it's fault by their side.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Question2 wrote: »
    Then why are people proceeding past the popup?

They are the icebreakers for us.
    We can watch
    Schetille wrote: »

I've already sent a ticket to them about this situation, you should do it as well. Since it's said that only r6-7 may break the stuff, it's fault by their side.

I see a major flaw here. Anyone and everyone can do this right now.

Basically a free chance to scroll your gear and if it blows up you just send a ticket to get it back. That's only if Nexon is returning blown up gear.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce
    edited March 23, 2017
    DownIoad wrote: »
    Basically a free chance to scroll your gear and if it blows up you just send a ticket to get it back. That's only if Nexon is returning blown up gear.

Yes, let's intentionally destroy our equipment we've put work into, losing it for days, and permanently binding it to us for a huge AP cost just to "abuse" potential recovery from Nexon's error. Why isn't the whole world on this.. /s

I pre-bought scrolls in preparation for this update; now I have to waste runes on them or lose a huge chunk of money. This is a huge issue.
  • EhgessEhgess
    Vindictus Rep: 2,910
    Member, Nexon
    The additional text is in preparation for a future update. We understand how the text may confuse some players. To alleviate this issue, we have changed the text description regarding possible item destruction to include all scrolls from rank 6 to rank 9.

Players are still given a warning of possible item destruction prior to the enchant attempts. Therefore, policies regarding item destruction and restoration will not change.
    GewelliriousWilkoOrder5
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    edited March 23, 2017
    Ehgess wrote: »
    The additional text is in preparation for a future update. We understand how the text may confuse some players. To alleviate this issue, we have changed the text description regarding possible item destruction to include all scrolls from rank 6 to rank 9.

Players are still given a warning of possible item destruction prior to the enchant attempts. Therefore, policies regarding item destruction and restoration will not change.

At least, we are sure to get the update, that's one great point. Thanks.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185

Good to see swift action before the storm of support tickets touches down.
    hi5josh
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce
    It's your error misleading people.

You could do the right thing and be a respectful company and restore the items people lost due to your error.

Or you can continue to be Nexon America, I guess. I don't know why I even came back..
    PixelPantsumaelturdWilko
  • maelturdmaelturd
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Lol which one are we supposed to believe, the description of the item or the warning?

Either one could be wrong and most likely Brynn is outdated, not very likely that a mistake would happen on a new update.

I didn't lose anything and I'm not asking for a refund but come on man.
  • BlyatBlyat
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    If you blow up equipment with rank 8-9 scrolls it is entirely your fault. Bitching about it on the forums is both irritating and stupid.

The new enchant scroll tooltip states: "Scrolls at Rank 6-7 may destroy the equipment if the enchant fails."
    Does it say rank 8-9 scrolls won't destroy equipment? No. Sure it may be misleading but you can't just assume that it means rank 8-9 scrolls are safe, especially considering they never have been.

During the Future Content Stream Ehgess answers a question about rank 8-9 enchant destruction with "I'm pretty sure that hasn't been changed, I think there's still a chance for breakage". He doesn't answer with very high modality but considering that changing rank 8-9 scrolls to not destroy items would be quite an impactful change, if such a big change was happening he would definitely know about it and it would definitely be mentioned.

Both the update preview and the patch notes didn't mention anything about rank 8-9 scrolls no longer destroying equipment on failure. Brynn still has the warning message stating that the item may be destroyed on failure.

From all this how can you just look at a new tooltip and assume that rank 8-9 scrolls won't destroy your items? Idiocy at its finest.

Yes, let's intentionally destroy our equipment we've put work into, losing it for days, and permanently binding it to us for a huge AP cost just to "abuse" potential recovery from Nexon's error. Why isn't the whole world on this.. /s

I pre-bought scrolls in preparation for this update; now I have to waste runes on them or lose a huge chunk of money. This is a huge issue.
    You pre-bought scrolls for this update? Rank 8-9 scrolls? Even though there was nothing mentioned of changes to rank 8-9 scrolls? You used these rank 8-9 scrolls on your "equipment we've put work into" even though it still states it may be destroyed on failure? If you really put work into and care about these equips wouldn't you ask someone to confirm first? Or just test it yourself with an equip and scroll you don't care about?

Blaming or venting at Nexon for your own stupidity is just ludicrous.

maelturd wrote: »
    Lol which one are we supposed to believe, the description of the item or the warning?

Either one could be wrong and most likely Brynn is outdated, not very likely that a mistake would happen on a new update.

I didn't lose anything and I'm not asking for a refund but come on man.
    The tooltip doesn't say anything about rank 8-9 scrolls but Brynn warns they can destroy equipment. There is only Brynn's warning message to 'believe' here.
    Lavonne