[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Experiences with lord glas breakoff

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in General Discussion
Ive been spearing his left armguard like in this video : right after he gets knocked down from the spear, but he never flinches. I can see the spear sticking out of his armguard, so its definately hitting...but he never flinches from it, ever.

Anyone managed to get him to flinch right when he is knocked down from the spear? Im starting to think he cant flinch while he is knocked down from that and you have to wait till someone uses a 1000 sp disable or shield charge to knock him down.

All the videos i can find of the breakoff are of a fiona using shield charge (not always available) or one guy somehow spearing his armguard while he is moving around.

Comments

• 7thRonin7thRonin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    Once his shield drops and he falls to his knees do not spear him. You have to attack him continuously after his shield drops to do a certain % of damage. Once this number is reached he will again fall to his knees. This is the time to spear his arm causing him to flinch.
  • Question2Question2
    7thRonin wrote: »
    Once his shield drops and he falls to his knees do not spear him. You have to attack him continuously after his shield drops to do a certain % of damage. Once this number is reached he will again fall to his knees. This is the time to spear his arm causing him to flinch.

Im pretty sure theres no mechanic for that and ive never seen him drop to his knees due to a certain % of damage. I think what you are seeing is him getitng knocked down due to skills or just people spamming high KD skills.

Can anyone confirm if he can be flinched during the initial knockdown when he is speared?
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Try to throw your spear when he is getting up (When he is stunned by a skill it almost never works up to the point the skill ended). But it was long time ago since I tried it so they could change it.
  • 7thRonin7thRonin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    Question2 wrote: »
    Im pretty sure theres no mechanic for that and ive never seen him drop to his knees due to a certain % of damage. I think what you are seeing is him getitng knocked down due to skills or just people spamming high KD skills.

Can anyone confirm if he can be flinched during the initial knockdown when he is speared?

Considering I've never really studied how to break glas I guess you could be right, but I've never seen him flinch on the first knee. If you pay attention to the example he shows at 4:32minutes you can see the shield destroyed and glas take a knee and then immediately stand back up (you cannot get a flinch on his first knee) the guy then uses his 1000sp move or w/e that is that causes the knockdown making him kneel a 2nd time and this is when he spears his arm causing him to flinch. TBH - the video you posted isn't the best guide. You have to hit his skin to get the blue glow. Hitting his armor won't do it. You can also dive into the holes after you have received the blue aura whether the holes are blue or white. It doesn't matter so long as you have another spear and the blue aura.

• Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited March 19, 2017
    @Question2
    KK, for Glass break off, you need to do enough high KD move to knock him down. Since attacking him with his shield up counts this shouldn't be much of a problem.

When someone spears him in the back he'll do his first fall animation but that part of the spearing in the back animation, can't get break off during this one. When he get out of his getting speard in the back animation then you ahve to KD him with High KD moves.

Since all the attack that hit him when he had the shield count, there a good chance he'll be kd'ed right after he get out of the getting speared int he back animation. At that point you'll spear his guanlet twice for the flitch.

Potentail Problems That will make it so spearing his break off not count:
    1. Kai Pray Dive
    2. Any Hold skills
    3. People fighting ontop of breakoff thus absorbing the spear.
    4. Random person flitching the boss.
    (last two aren't part of the list but are factors that will make getting the breakoff harder)

Edit: Just watched the video, you need to flinch him twice to get the extra core breakoff, everything else is right.
    7thRonin
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    after his shield is smashed he will take a knee twice. u cannot flinch the break during the first down. it takes two spears to flinch the break each time during the second down. and keep an eye out for prey dive or lockdowns like the others have said
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    In before every bow kai likes to spam their dive as soon as he gets knocked down. :/
    7thRonin
  • DebahrDebahr
    Vindictus Rep: 1,300
    edited March 20, 2017
    After breaking his barrier, you need to do enough damage/use enough skills with knockdown(no holds) to cause him to take a second knee. You then need to throw 2 spears into HIS right upper arm guard(the left upper if viewing Glas from player perspective). The spears, I believe, have to be from 2 separate people(have not tried with 2 spears from one person).
    7thRonin
  • Question2Question2
    I pretty much never see him get knocked down without SP skills though. Especially since people chain disables right after the shield is broken.

Are there any SP skills other than shield charge that can do an instant knockdown and still let you flinch the boss for breaks? Off the top of my head, execution can but the duration is pretty short and you would have to get a hurk to keep it ready.
  • CascaCasca
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Debahr wrote: »
    After breaking his barrier, you need to do enough damage/use enough skills with knockdown(no holds) to cause him to take a second knee. You then need to throw 2 spears into HIS right upper arm guard(the left upper if viewing Glas from player perspective). The spears, I believe, have to be from 2 separate people(have not tried with 2 spears from one person).

One person can throw 2 spears for each flinch (2 flinches = breakoff).

I regularly save 2 spears so I can solo his breakoff in runs. Though, this means that you are relying on your party's competence in doing the portal spearing mechanic.

In order to solo breakoff, you have to always be in position (never face his back). If he gets knocked down and you are not in front of him, it is impossible to have enough time to throw 2 spears at his arm guard. After somebody successfully goes through the portal and breaks his shield, I don't really attack Glas. I just keep running to his front and anticipate him getting knocked down.
  • Question2Question2
    Wouldnt the first flinch interrupt the knockdown so you have to KD him again to get the 2nd spear off?

Our party managed to do it earlier but had to rely on execution. Was a bit confusing since it can be hard to tell if hes knocked down due to a 1000 sp disable or execution when you have other player effects turned off.