[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Alternative to the armory?

TheNewKaiTheNewKai
Vindictus Rep: 1,405
in General Discussion
As title says ^

is there a site similar to the manual one? It's impossible to make new sets and see which one would be the best now. I still don't understand what closing his website down did to affect nexon, literally nothing. Did he realize that the only ones he's inconvienencing is the players? Childish move imo, nexon doesn't give one crap.
Anywho, i'm trying to compare some weapons and can't tell which would be better.

inb4 rant from shippu

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    After the latest nexon PR fiasco, i dont see many fans going to the work of making a fansite with useful tools like that anymore...

Theres like two korean guys who want to make a english translation of a KR fansite i think, but its nowhere close to being done yet.
    ArishaL
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Yep, game is gonna rot with that kind of treatment of the player base. Good bye new players. Spend your money on something else.
  • RagnastormRagnastorm
    Vindictus Rep: 1,080
    TheNewKai wrote: »
    As title says ^

is there a site similar to the manual one? It's impossible to make new sets and see which one would be the best now. I still don't understand what closing his website down did to affect nexon, literally nothing. Did he realize that the only ones he's inconvienencing is the players? Childish move imo, nexon doesn't give one crap.
    Anywho, i'm trying to compare some weapons and can't tell which would be better.

inb4 rant from shippu

tbf, if he was upset why would he continue doing it? it sucks for the people who use it, but he took a stand in his own way lol
    XieJuneFourth
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Doesn't matter. Nexon doesn't deserve dedicated fansites.
    And Koreans are coming to rescue us, apparently.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    http://vindictus.gamedot.org/equip here. We are still translating everything else on the site but MOST of the stuff on the armory is translated.
    RagnastormTheNewKai
  • RajivrocksRajivrocks
    Vindictus Rep: 905
    F*ck dude just found out about this helpful website and then it gets shut down. Didn't even have a chance of using it. :(
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited March 18, 2017
    Wait you mean the one I just linked? o.o

If that link doesn't work then go here to http://heroes.gamedot.org/opentranslate then click the link in the red section on the page.
  • RajivrocksRajivrocks
    Vindictus Rep: 905
    No I meant the thingy the OP talked about.
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    why would anyone else put a fansite that requires datamining when nexon just banned a veteran for doing exactly that?
    JuneFourth
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    edited March 19, 2017
    ArishaL wrote: »
    Yep, game is gonna rot with that kind of treatment of the player base. Good bye new players. Spend your money on something else.

No one needs your unecessary comments.

http://vindictus.gamedot.org/equip here. We are still translating everything else on the site but MOST of the stuff on the armory is translated.

Thanks for the link, I'll be able to finish my set with this
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Zuzuk wrote: »
    why would anyone else put a fansite that requires datamining when nexon just banned a veteran for doing exactly that?

Well for starters the fansite is originally Korean. The korean community started the translation project at my request. So if you actually think about it it's 100% in Korea's jurisdiction. Nexon KR doesn't care one bit about how the fansite is made as long as it gives them positive results. Hence why I requested for the KR community to help with this project so you have a site....unless....you'd rather it not happen of course .- .
  • RolandRoland
    Vindictus Rep: 1,715
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405

Oh wow, i think i love you.
  • DaPlayaDaPlaya
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    edited March 19, 2017

Well for starters the fansite is originally Korean. The korean community started the translation project at my request. So if you actually think about it it's 100% in Korea's jurisdiction. Nexon KR doesn't care one bit about how the fansite is made as long as it gives them positive results. Hence why I requested for the KR community to help with this project so you have a site....unless....you'd rather it not happen of course .- .

First, I think it's great what you guys are doing and I would like to thank both you and your Korean friends for doing this.

Having said that, do understand that comments like the one you quoted is a result of NA players being banned by Nexon NA for doing the very thing that you guys are doing due to false positives triggered during datamining. Those comments were not directed at you but an expression of frustration at how Nexon NA treats its own playerbase and some of its most dedicated fans who spent hundreds if not thousands of hours of their own time working on a fansite for the community. Rather than a thank you, they get a perma-ban. So do keep that in mind when you reply to comments like that. Persoanally, I think it's better for you to just not comment on it at all since it really isn't directed at you or what you're doing. Just let people express their frustration and be thankful Nexon KR doesn't treat you the same way. :)
    Xie
  • TeryGTeryG
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Appreciate the work translating.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited March 19, 2017

What if Nexon NA gets so mad about it that they ask KR to ban you for the fansite? Or because "they are datamining".
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Now the question is what kind of repercussions we can expect from openly using information that is datamined.

(c) use any third-party software to collect information from or through any part of the Service, including without limitation information about your character, any account registered to you, virtual items, other players, or other Service-related data.

Would Nexon say that entering your character information into the Armory (or something like it) counts as using 3rd party software to collect information from the service about your character and then ban you for it?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Question2 wrote: »

What if Nexon NA gets so mad about it that they ask KR to ban you for the fansite? Or because "they are datamining".

The way KR views things is if you don't get banned by the system then there's nothing KR will do about it. So long as your account doesn't show history of third party software then they can't really prove it. Same with NA. Since they are going by the system that's why bans are happening.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Cessa wrote: »
    Now the question is what kind of repercussions we can expect from openly using information that is datamined.

(c) use any third-party software to collect information from or through any part of the Service, including without limitation information about your character, any account registered to you, virtual items, other players, or other Service-related data.

Would Nexon say that entering your character information into the Armory (or something like it) counts as using 3rd party software to collect information from the service about your character and then ban you for it?

Nexon NA I doubt would go that far to think of the site as a 3rd party tool to hack the game. If they do then they need to update their terms of service and make it painfully clear. Though as far as I'm concerned they won't. A wiki is a database that's WELL within the players rights to create. If Nexon's official wiki was more up to date I wouldn't have needed to ask KR to help with this. Though other than that I doubt NA is actually AGAINST players making wiki's so long as it doesn't display specific things like bosses health but more or less the bans WERE based on their system. Not simply looking at the wiki.
  • AmenariAmenari
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
    edited May 11, 2018
    TheNewKai wrote: »
    I still don't understand what closing his website down did to affect nexon, literally nothing. Did he realize that the only ones he's inconvienencing is the players? Childish move imo, nexon doesn't give one crap.
    His post on reddit (3 months ago)
    _Shippuu wrote:
    I do want to clarify some points here, just for the sake of it.

I played on East, and Sanitee played on West. Before the time she got banned, I had talked to her at most twice.

I reacted the way I did because I had already been hit with a false ban of that type before, so I had known full well how easy it was to be struck by it for trying to help people. That was the third time I had heard of it happening in a very short timeframe, so I decided to call it done with fansites until Nexon gets their **** together.

I actually even quit for a six month period at one point, and started playing again recently. Only to find out, within weeks of my playing again, that yet another contributive member of the community had been banned for exactly the same nonsense.

Fansite developers have zero reason to put in gigantic amounts of time, effort, skill, and learning to make things when Nexon will just trample on them at the very first opportunity, complete with having their moderator stooges come out and insult people's intelligence after the fact.

I'd have actually asked Nexon about fansites again in February, if that Dec 2017 false ban hadn't happened to an EU player (he didn't wish for any kind of uproar, so I won't name).

Nexon clearly will never change, so our time is better used on things we can do without having to deal with constant paranoia to not get permanently banned for doing it.

BabyDani