[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

UI Causing Frame Lag and Freezes

Comments

• DangerousHobbitDangerousHobbit
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    Masta wrote: »
    AimAndKill wrote: »
    1-Disable Multicore settings, it'll help a lot. And also texture streaming.
    2-Go into task manager - details find blackcipher - right click it - set affinity - uncheck all cores except for one -right click it again - set priority to low - find Vindictus.exe - right click - set priority high

Does disabling multi-core actually help with fps?
    It should improve the performance but in vindictus everything its possible.
  • BullBull
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    let's just say it's time for an upgrade, vindictus run just "fine" even with my i3 2100 + 750ti system in high settings, of course optimization is always welcome. Besides, i cant really call that "playable" after seeing ur video even with UI turn off.
  • SyklesSykles
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    The ui with time and use gets more and more resource demanding, opening the depot etc, the more you do with it the more it bogs you down, which is a similar behavior to a memory leak, but a memory leak would be more noticable, eventually even NPC dialogues will start causing frame dips.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    As xgun Kai, I have learned to turn UI off at start of dungeon and I place a piece of scotch tape on my screen with a red dot to replace my site. Sad I have to do that when I never had to before. Playing with UI off is hard but bearable I guess.
    DangerousHobbit
  • Angel116Angel116
    Vindictus Rep: 1,170
    There's a way to play Staff Evie and maybe Xgun Kai with having a sort of "glitched" form of UI. It's like playing with no UI, boosted frames and all, but you can also see your CDs, charged skills and I guess DMG. I'll list what UI features you can/can't see below. This ONLY works for battles with cutscenes in them, soooo mainly raids.

What you do is:

1. Turn your UI off completely before the start of a raid
    2. When the cutscene happens AND before it ends, press the UI button once

What you can see in this UI:
    -Cooldowns of non-quickslot skills, Charge skills. If you press alt(that's the button for me) you normally see the cooldowns of your spells and skills
    -For Staff Evies you can see your Focus meter when you charge up, Cast Saves.
    -For Xgun Kais you see your reticle sight, bullets remaining.
    -Damage numbers, which is useful in Neamhain to see which of Neit's claws can still be damaged.
    -HELP tags on dead party members. Again, this is useful for Neamhain also.

What you can't see in this UI:
    -Quickslots, and quickslot skills(Regen, Clipped Wings as examples for Staff Evies)
    -HP, SP, Stamina, Status effects(buff or debuff)
    -Minimap
    -Party HP and status effects
    -Boss HP

I might've missed a few things when I listed these but these are the major ones I could think of right now. You guys might find more stuff to add to those if you use this.

Here are pictures of Staff Evie and Xgun Kai views:

81g6G2x.jpg

WwncSyP.jpg

I've been playing like this for a while now and it's helped me ALOT. Waaaaaay better than not seeing anything atleast. But really, no one should have to be playing like this in the first place. This "glitched" UI works for anyone really. It's just Staff Evies and Xgun Kais benefit the most cause they're not entirely blind

As a Staff Evie it's still pretty difficult for me. Since I can't see status effects, I have to keep track of my elemental masteries through the particle effects around my Evie. And sometimes when there's other Staffies in the raid, I have to manually count in my head to stagger the Regens. These are just SOME of the hardships of not having a full UI but atleast I'm not entirely blind.

SORRY for this wall of text D: but I thought it could help some people struggling with no UI especially the Staffies and Xgun kais out there.
    MastaUsagiiiKunDangerousHobbitDarkWhisperNav
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I suddenly cannot host. My ping is fine and so is the game normally, but once I start a boat my ping drops and drops and drops and the processor acts like it's taking a nap. I am confused to say the least. Never used to happen.
    edited March 13, 2017
    I suddenly cannot host. My ping is fine and so is the game normally, but once I start a boat my ping drops and drops and drops and the processor acts like it's taking a nap. I am confused to say the least. Never used to happen.

Yep,that's where my perma lag usually begins too if I dont enter in options first as I showed in the video.
    And @Angel116 I tried that,didn't make much difference.My lag is stuck somewhere betwen 10 and 20 fps in battles.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited March 14, 2017
    rip
  • Meerkat007Meerkat007
    Vindictus Rep: 370
    edited March 14, 2017
    This is what I noticed while playing the game and when it started to lag even more than it already does,this is a really big issues for me and rather than play this game with so bad fps I rather quit.This is an important issues that gm's should stop ignoring or the game will be dead for good!

If you have 64 BIt Operating System DX 8 is culprit.

All the best
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    The status effect icons for the whole party that update every second kill your FPS. Just disable them in your UI settings (party info window).
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Meerkat007 wrote: »
    This is what I noticed while playing the game and when it started to lag even more than it already does,this is a really big issues for me and rather than play this game with so bad fps I rather quit.This is an important issues that gm's should stop ignoring or the game will be dead for good!

If you have 64 BIt Operating System DX 8 is culprit.

All the best

I have it set to DX9 in the options. Guess there is nothing to be done to fix it? Kind of sucks no longer being able to host. The graphical issues I understand, but I don't get what they messed up in the code that is forcing the processor to slow to almost nothing and creating massive latency when there wasn't any before. I did notice that when I check one of the Vindi processes has a ping of 40-80, while the other is well over 200 at times.
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Question2 wrote: »
    The status effect icons for the whole party that update every second kill your FPS. Just disable them in your UI settings (party info window).
    Same FPS disabled/enabled

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Our GMs have acknowledged our complaints about this on a few streams now, so all we can do is continue reminding them to remind the devs that this is a huge problem over here. Too many brick walls it seems.
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    UI is fine. We need a Source Engine update to make use of multi core cpus. But its Nexon so thats never gonna happen lol
    too late I quitted^^,found something more worthy of my time for now
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Masta wrote: »
    AimAndKill wrote: »
    1-Disable Multicore settings, it'll help a lot. And also texture streaming.
    2-Go into task manager - details find blackcipher - right click it - set affinity - uncheck all cores except for one -right click it again - set priority to low - find Vindictus.exe - right click - set priority high

Does disabling multi-core actually help with fps?

Yes, the way vindy handles cores is very flawed and causes a lot of stutters in game from the constant core switching. I can't​ say for sure what the issue is in its programming since I don't have access to the code but the setting definitely causes a lot of lagg.
    Well its good to see they did not even responded,if they took the problem seriously they would have,2017 nothing changes,please just sell the game to someone that deserves it.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    it can always be worse
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Madcobra wrote: »
    it can always be worse

Such performance, much optimized, wow.

I don't have problem with the fps when the UI is on but the freezes are annoying af. Since the Einrach update this game has been going downwards and losing the population. Maybe that's why we migrated.
  • AymonAymon
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    Non-hosting 8-man party (Eochaid)
    Without UI: 59.9 FPS
    With UI: 34~48

GTX 1070, i5-4670, 16 GB RAM

FPS drops to lower than 6 when moving mouse above my inventory stuff

I'm going to quit if this is not fixed, old UI didn't had those problems