[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

UI Causing Frame Lag and Freezes

Comments

• AymonAymon
    Vindictus Rep: 610

FPS drops when spamming movement keys in ben chenner alone (lower than 6 FPS)
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    AimAndKill wrote: »
    Masta wrote: »
    AimAndKill wrote: »
    1-Disable Multicore settings, it'll help a lot. And also texture streaming.
    2-Go into task manager - details find blackcipher - right click it - set affinity - uncheck all cores except for one -right click it again - set priority to low - find Vindictus.exe - right click - set priority high

Does disabling multi-core actually help with fps?

Yes, the way vindy handles cores is very flawed and causes a lot of stutters in game from the constant core switching. I can't​ say for sure what the issue is in its programming since I don't have access to the code but the setting definitely causes a lot of lagg.

Uh...even with multi core on, vindi never uses more than one core unless you are hosting with multi processing.

I have it enabled and intel XTU makes it pretty clear that only one core is actually in use.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Vladino wrote: »
    Question2 wrote: »
    The status effect icons for the whole party that update every second kill your FPS. Just disable them in your UI settings (party info window).
    Same FPS disabled/enabled

Strange, this is even in a party of 8 with people using party buffs? Everyone ive talked to has said that it makes a huge difference in FPS.
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    7 months later, this is still an issue that has yet to be fixed and has seemingly gotten worse. Again, the issue started with the Ein Lacher + screen shot mode update, so that's where they should start looking for where something went wrong at. A LOT of people have quit with in these last few months, and the population is dropping lower and lower as the days pass; I'm willing to bet that this is one of the many reasons why if you have to look from a technological standpoint. Instead of adding more and more new content over pre-existing issues/bugs (which is just making the situation worse), halt it and take the time out to fix the main things people are complaining/concerned about most- this being one of them.

It must be hell for newer players trying to get through the story while having this issue, thus why there aren't many new players staying in this game or joining in general and that translates to no new money while the older players are also leaving in droves. So my question is, why isn't this fixed yet, and what is being done with all the money that we're paying you if it's not going towards creating a better/smoother gaming environment?

Now I will cut Nexon NA some slack since ultimately, they don't really have any control on how the game is being developed and how the issues are being dealt with. I'll even give them credit as the last few events they've been having lately were really good, especially all the free stuff that's been given out- I'm more than happy with that, but at this point.. It's like putting icing on a cake made of fecal matter.. Sure it looks pretty on the outside, but on the inside it's well.. You get the point lol. All NA can do is pass on the messages/complaints of the community to the higher ups, but what are the higher ups doing? Why are all these new outfits being made, but none of the problems being solved? We're also kind of catching up to KR in content, which means they're slacking up over there as well.. What's going on here?
    Aymon
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    edited March 24, 2017
    Also, in my experience the game runs smoothly when I first log in and even getting on a boat but during the character introduction screen of starting a dungeon/raid is when everything starts slowing down. Inside the run, the FPS drops to 10-15 but "clears up" when I turn the UI off throughout the duration of the ensuing battle(s), but immediately drops again whenever the UI/HUD is turned back on and even carries on into town- which is horrible. Lag when moving around, lag when trying to talk to NPCs, lag when trying to check the MP, lag when trying to move to different towns, just lag everywhere 24/7 after touching anything that involves turning on the UI again. Off, everything is fine.. Besides not being able to see any chat boxes or windows. Hope this helps, honestly.
    UsagiiiKunAymon
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    When will the UI and FPS problems be fixed?
    Also, in my experience the game runs smoothly when I first log in and even getting on a boat but during the character introduction screen of starting a dungeon/raid is when everything starts slowing down.
    Same for me fps suddenly drops when my char is doing the greeting animation (suddenly the shader changes 2 or 3 times, game freeze for a second and then -15 fps), happens when going to options too.
    UsagiiiKunAymon
  • AquamakeeshaAquamakeesha
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    I didn't see this mentioned yet, but it's not just the UI, it's the entirety of the graphics and their relation to the graphic settings.

Before Ein Lach update, the lowest graphics settings would make 'see through' graphics (water, mana amber, crystal rose shoulders, etc.) appear greyed-out. Now even on the lowest settings, 'see through' graphics remain at the highest quality (they're now 'see through' and super shiny/reflective) and don't change whether or not you make changes in your video settings.

There's also graphics settings problems with character skills not reducing in quality when you have lowest settings on now. Looking at previous screenshots I can see a big difference between lowest setting pre/post ein lach.

I can't even solo anything with UI on now, and can't do SG even with UI off. HOWEVER I PLAY VINDI KR JUST FINE...............

Was gonna return to vindi NA, but not with this lag....................AND IT'S GOTTEN WORSE SINCE ALBAN FESTIVAL UPDATE TOO........

Don't expect NA to fix it at all. Nexon NA will be getting rid of vindi NA soon and sending it back to the devs anyways. They're not invested enough to care lol.
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Personally I don't usually have this issue, except on a few occasions.

The only time I get UI fps drop is when the Battle Result screen shows up, that's when I drop to 15fps then once the animation is done I get capped at 60fps once again.

I have to mention that the settings I use is Keyboard mode (Input Setting) which means that I don't have the WASD fps issue.
    I also have some UI elements turned off in the UI Display in the Settings screen.

Those two could make a difference because I almost never get UI fps problems during battles. YMMV.
  • VladinoVladino
    @AyPool Try to play on laptop, because even best laptop there (I think under 3GHz single core imposible to run vindi with 60fps. I got pretty expensive one with good proc specs 1 year old, but low single core frequency) don't have single core performance that this unoptimized vindi needs to run smoothly.
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    For sure there will be problems running on laptops.
    I'm not saying there isn't an overall problem with how the game performs because there absolutely is, however I just wanted to share some possible workarounds if players haven't already tried "everything". In the end its up to Nexon/DevCat and judging by their track record, the code is never going to be updated.
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    AyPool wrote: »
    For sure there will be problems running on laptops.
    I'm not saying there isn't an overall problem with how the game performs because there absolutely is, however I just wanted to share some possible workarounds if players haven't already tried "everything". In the end its up to Nexon/DevCat and judging by their track record, the code is never going to be updated.

I don't mean any hostility to you but meh.. I don't think we should be "forced" to use/find "workarounds" tbh. We should be pushing them to fix these issues, that's why there's a dev team. Granted this game is F2P, but some of us are paying for a service through Nx to help keep the game afloat as well as improve our in game experience. Using a workaround for something as frustrating as this is basically sweeping it under a rug and pretty much delivers a message that it's not as bad as it seems, when it's almost unplayable in general. To go along with that, there's already a bunch of preexisting issues that we have to deal with now. And usually, when you have to find a workaround for one issue, you'll end up having to find a workaround for that workaround because another problem popped up or is getting worse.

I've actually decided to go on a bit of a hiatus from the game due to this, after 3 straight years of playing since I first started. Been playing on this laptop perfectly fine up until the Ein Lacher + UI/Screenshot mode update so you can't really make this about specs/tech when even people who said they have mid to high end self-built desktops are experiencing this same issue. I get the point you're trying to make, but after so long of putting up with this and the other problems, it's just getting ridiculous and instead of just taking it, we should be pushing the issue until they've fixed it. So yeah, don't accept that they'll "never" fix/update the code 'cause they won't if we don't stay on'em about it.

It's just really sad because this game is flat out awesome. In terms of flashiness, combat, and even visuals, this is one of the best games out. It even has the potential to compete with the newer AAA titles that come out for the newer platforms, it's just being handled poorly. That says a lot for a game that is nearly SEVEN YEARS OLD! And we as a community have proven that we're willing to stay, return, or even shell out insane amounts of money on those trolly gachapons/outfits/cosmetic to continue playing this game so the least they could do is be more prompt in dealing with issues/bugs that are being presented. Needless to say, Vindictus has a loyal fanbase as even the edgy people that say "Lol people still play this game/wow, this game is still up" in the megas still come back to play lol. They want to come back too, they just don't want to show they still care or be let down further.

/end rant lol
    Nexon NA won't spend resources to fix something they're gonna be getting rid of.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Ever since the Alban Festival Update, I have been getting FPS drops in Sea Of Reflection and I'm not the host. The host is the exact same host that I've been going to since the release Sea Of Reflection. One moment I'll have a solid 60 fps, the next it will plummet to 30-40 fps completely affecting my game play. An example would be frames skipping, attacks going through Hurk's blockade. The thing is, I have 4-5 bars with the host, so it is odd for me to all of a sudden be skipping frames with the same host I've been using. And this started happening since the Alban update. Thing is, when I drop from 60 fps to 30-40 fps, I can feel the difference without having to open the menu to check my fps. Feels kinda sluggish?
  • VladinoVladino
    Another update and no improvements on this .... weekly bump >.< ... If you want I can make you a video with that issue...
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    its seam getting worse now even with april fools update or maybe its only me
  • SunrisePDISunrisePDI
    Vindictus Rep: 940
    This is not a fps issue but happen also afther that update. Quiet frustrating when the camera moves quickly from diferent angle only while dodging.
    Open area no problem only narrow area's

Anyway u can see small fps drops some directions. The map has to many polys.
    On Prairie Entrance boss room by destroying the big building gives also fps drop when you look at the building.
    Too many poly. or effects from other classes.
    Played on:
    intel i5-4590 3.3ghz 8gb
    AMD Radeon R7 370 series
    Z97-K Win7 64

I play on laptop aswell DELL Latitude E6520 i7-2.7ghz at the break at work.
    skills effect from lynn take much fps, its then better to disable it in options. as for party members aswell

• JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    The irony of the way your game improves while hiding your UI.

If it gets 'fixed' somehow, I'd love it.
    Found a small fix for people having UI lag. In video settings, u want to put the slider on highest quality ( 8 ), apply it, then in custom settings, change everything to a setting with an asterix (recommended settings), then change slider to lowest ( 1 ), then full screen res, then custom screen settings.

This puts on all setting options at least once, allowing UI to sync better to your settings. I personally have gone from 5-8 fps in battle to 25+ doing this. It's still nowhere near the 55+ I get in KR.
  • VladinoVladino
    The duel bug was fixed after 3 years that means also this bug can be fixed, but since this bug can't be misused I bet they even care...
  • UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,855
    tumblr_inline_okwtvik1Ki1sktocl_500.gif
    Anthonytonyboy