[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Coming Soon: Alban Festival Update

Comments

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    jeddyhi wrote: »
    Yeah, but Shippuu's post is about Season 3 Chapter 2 Update, not this current update coming the 22nd..

Why did we get Grim/Woeful belts then ? I don't understand.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    jeddyhi wrote: »
    Yeah, but Shippuu's post is about Season 3 Chapter 2 Update, not this current update coming the 22nd..

Why did we get Grim/Woeful belts then ? I don't understand.

Some things like QoL fixes and item additions happen as they're able.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited March 16, 2017
    How to fix s1 hero mode raids :

-Keep HP and animation speeds the same
    -Increase stats to match s2 80-90 bosses
    -Make them drop an additional seal that doesnt affect your daily limit
    -All equip drops are 3 star quality and the drop rate is reasonable
    -Make them drop all decent r9/r8 scrolls (this means stuff like force/mael/fast/enthus) at a reasonable rate

This would actually give end game players -some- reason to run hero mode s1 raids. Nobody wants to do crap like hero mode keag because its actually harder than s3 raids while giving worse rewards.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Well, we did get r3 skills before Korea, but it was by accident if I recall. We couldn't see how much AP we needed to rank x skill. All we could do was dump AP until we get a message saying skill went up x rank. Also, Special Dungeons will drop rank 6 scrolls, though I don't see them being added into the drop table until Lv. 95 cap. It just wouldn't make sense to release rank 6 scrolls and not have Lv. 95 gear. I think rank 6 scrolls ONLY drop from Special Dungeons, but I could be wrong and would also drop in S3 raids. 100% positive rank 6 scrolls from Special Dungeons, not sure about S3 raids.
  • vgfan100vgfan100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited March 16, 2017
    "Take those trophies to Allysse in the Malina Inn to exchange them for special Emblems, colorful headgear inspired by the good William Tell and more."

So my guess is the headgear will look something like this?

bow-mag-01.jpg?w=450&h=149

Also, I guess we'll find out what the outfitter is when the update arrives.
  • IbNoobIbNoob
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    any new out fits
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Any new titles come along with this festival thing?
    And what can you 'buy' from the 'reward' you get from lvl 20 spear challenge?
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    @PreviousPostsOnThisPage
    Fact something has been added/changed in given patch, doesn't mean we will receive it in exactly the same time and form. While it's more or less safe to assume that the content update order will be the same with more or less static delay comparing to Korean server - it's not the case for "minor" changes, also as these known as "Quality of Life". Enchant Scroll changes can be qualified as QoL change, hence it arrives early. This happened to many changes before too. While the new belts are somewhat considered content, they also are QoL in terms of making Habident Abomination raid useful.

JynXi wrote: »
    There are at least two titles, which are obtained for completing the minigames (one title per minigame).

As far I have seen - doing these minigames grant You Sportsday Festival Trophy, so anything You can get from them + probably something new.
  • PutFrostPutFrost
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    edited March 17, 2017
    Is this real life?

This game is so empty that it's 6pm CST on a Friday evening and I don't see a single boat or quick battle raid up in S3.
    Many players have already noted that the main point of people leaving this game is the punishing enhancements you suffer when trying to make a nice endgame weapon.

And yet all the company does for us are scrolls rank F-A and up to +7 enhancements on level 20 (see, TWENTY) equipment that won't break.

Oh yeah, this'll just be so great for all of us.
    I really look forward to being effective with my Powerful/Witchcraft +7 level 20 crossgun against Iset or Braha.

I don't know which is more shocking, the fact that a company can disregard its playerbase so horribly due to profits being not just the bottom line but the only line.
    Or the fact that there are still players defending this company and its practices, outright denying that there's anything wrong with Vindictus.

This is even more useless than weight in Vindictus.
    There is no reason even a no enchants, +0, level 10 weapon can't get you to level 25.
    The issue is when you're at endgame and you have below 105 crit, your balance is sitting at 70, and you can't find yourself above 35 attack speed.
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    There are more details to these enchant changes that have not been listed, but were available to read in the Future Content section.
    Rank 9 and Rank 8 scrolls no longer destroy equipment, and some scrolls like Explosive, Chance, Twinkling, and Armadillo have altered/new stats/effects.
  • PutFrostPutFrost
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    That's nice. Now people can maybe have Maelstrom on their weapons while they wait for events to give them runes because the NX price of runes is so ridiculous to put Judgment on their weapons.

What's the argument for +7 level 20 weapons?
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    SirRFI wrote: »
    There are at least two titles, which are obtained for completing the minigames (one title per minigame).
    As far I have seen - doing these minigames grant You Sportsday Festival Trophy, so anything You can get from them + probably something new.

Thanks for the answer!

• CasurinCasurin
    Vindictus Rep: 690
    edited March 18, 2017
    How about a revamp of the whole enchant-scroll system?
    The vast majority of all scrolls is absolutely useless - i do not need 7 def on my weapon. If i have to chose between those 7 def and getting 500 gold from the NPC - hey, i just got 500 Gold.

It is nice that the chances go up for low enchantments and low-equip enhancements - but really.... why would i? Specially in the low regions - you get equip for FREE every few levels - why waste time and money to enchant it with useless scrolls?

The whole level-up system would need to slow down a lot again, giving better scrolls for lowlevels, a bigger difference between low-scrolls and high scrolls, and better stat-scaling overall. back in season 1 i could kill hero-bosses nearly as fast as now (i just have a bit more speed), and for S3 Bosses you can still kill them with lvl 60 equip and a lvl 90 purple weapon easily.....
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Casurin wrote: »
    and for S3 Bosses you can still kill them with lvl 60 equip and a lvl 90 purple weapon easily.....

I'd love to see a "quick" S3 raid full of characters in nothing but 60 gear and 90 purple weapons.
  • ZupseroZupsero
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    who cares abut low lvl enhanement and enchants? whho does? nice try nexon
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Zupsero wrote: »
    who cares abut low lvl enhanement and enchants? whho does? nice try nexon

After reading 25425472587th time the same comment, they completely failed that translation/preview : the tweaking is that a LOT, if not, EVERY rF-B/A scrolls will be deleted and some r9 (8 ?) will be assigned as a rank A scroll, like Twinkling.

It's not about useless scrolls, they're going to be deleted, it's about making some scrolls like DP/Mael/Twink, rank A so they can be used w/o breaking the gear.

Guess we might have to wait ep3 for r9-8 not breaking gear anymore, ugh.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    If it wasn't obvious in the news post, the new outfitter we are getting is Taiwan's High Elf Outfitter. Pictures say a thousand words and this one was no exception. :D
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/21384/community-livestream-alban-festival-update
    elven-package.jpg
  • IbNoobIbNoob
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    If it wasn't obvious in the news post, the new outfitter we are getting is Taiwan's High Elf Outfitter. Pictures say a thousand words and this one was no exception. :D
    http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/21384/community-livestream-alban-festival-update
    elven-package.jpg

hope it is something we can buy with nx and not a rng item
    wanted to get night set but there to much on the MP
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited March 20, 2017
    @Saygo & @Ehgess

Why there is no timezone given for Europe and Australia? You are not servicing North America only any more. Obviously I can calculate the hour/timezone myself, but keep this in mind. Also it would be cool if stream hour would be adjusted - an hour or two earlier would be nice for Europeans.

Ps. You misspelled Ehgess's name - the news says Eghess.
    MadcobraPhoebeHalliwel
  • dfox12dfox12
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    What is the point of having <20 lvl weapons being able to be enhanced to +7 with no penalties? That low of a level your going to get a new weapon within a few levels through quests or get a weapon that you will very soon outgrow. Who's brilliant idea was this part of the update anyways?