[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lorgrach's charge attack.

HallyHally
Vindictus Rep: 1,985
in General Discussion
I'm trying to farm the cancel 100 title. Does he only use the move after losing a certain percentage of HP? He seems to refuse using the move when I kited around for 5 mins.

Comments

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited March 9, 2017
    Hally wrote: »
    I'm trying to farm the cancel 100 title. Does he only use the move after losing a certain percentage of HP? He seems to refuse using the move when I kited around for 5 mins.

Yes.

Back in XE, it was around the seventh HP bar, can't help more :v So I guess just attack him until he does it, hmph.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited March 9, 2017
    after a 25% loss of hp, he will start to use his charging move. You have to deal 20% of his HP to cancel the charge, otherwise it will pull off and obliterate everything in the entire room. The attack is an instant kill if you fail to cancel his charge. at the last 3 seconds of the charge, all your attacks will do double the usual damage, which is perfect for a massive impact (if you play X gun) to cancel it out considering a critical shot can do well over 200,000 damage. Hope this helps.
  • HallyHally
    After killing him 10 times on normal mode so that I can see his hp bar, I figured out how it works.

- He will use the move at 7 bars, 4 bars, and 1 bar.
    - Attacking him during the charge will heal his hp.
    - If you healed him by at least 2 bars, your cancel will succeed, and he will lose all the hp gained during the charge.
    - If you failed the cancel, he get to keep the healed hp; but he will not use the move again when he drops below the threashold again.
    - The move does have a cooldown (of around 1 minute, it seems); I have to hold back on dps a lot so that I can actually get 3 cancels per run.

If you do fail the cancel, you can actually block/dodge it.
    2edgy4ukls9PixelPantsuMochiSweet
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    You CAN rush him to death though. I've seen him only have the chance to use that attack once. Unless it doesnt matter on NA which i dont think is the case.
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    Focus stimulants will be your friend...
    Also, I have once survived his AOE through an Exquisite Ironhide Stimulant proccing lul
  • HallyHally
    You CAN rush him to death though. I've seen him only have the chance to use that attack once. Unless it doesnt matter on NA which i dont think is the case.

Yea I know you can rush him to death. If I don't hold back on dps, he will only use the move once and die in less than a minute. I'm actually trying to make him use the move 3 times so that I can get the title sooner.
  • kls9kls9
    Vindictus Rep: 1,215
    Hally wrote: »
    If you do fail the cancel, you can actually block/dodge it.

Yeah, it's definitely not an instakill. I have no trouble blockading it on hurk. It seems to hit twice, with at least the first hit being a regular unblockable. Not sure about the second hit.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Yeah for the most part you CAN survive it. I still have issues timing the falling ceiling from the attack though since that hits....2-3 times I think.
  • HallyHally
    If you fail to cancel, the move has 3 hits. First two hits happen quickly, with the 3rd hit being slightly delayed. You can block or iframe dodge all 3 hits.

The first hit deals unlimited damage and will kill you if you did not life flare.
    The second hit does minor damage, comparable to a typical attack, and launch you a short distance. If you blocked the first hit (or life flared), this second hit will not affect you. If you iframe dodged the first hit, this second hit will affect you.
    I do not recall the third hit doing any damage at all; but it will launch you across the room. If you do not have solid cover behind you; you will probably be sent off the map for an ohko; like lugh or abom.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Whats unfair is that the charge attack is impossible or nearly impossible to cancel if you are soloing with certain characters.

If you have really good burst DPS skills like massive impact, no problem, easy win.

But good luck trying to deal 80k hp to cancel it solo with certain characters. With 60 base attack speed + insane reaper buff, scythe evie's arcane gate is barely fast enough to finish during the charging time and you have to use it immediately as he starts charging. I can only do 2x MOD+BT snaps during the charging time, which is obviously not enough to cancel it. It is also very easy for arcane gate to get interurpted since he does deal AOE damage while he is charging the attack and he has a normal smash that looks VERY similar to the charging attack, where he holds the hammer at his side for a while before swinging it.

It would be a lot easier to notice the charging attack if Lograch's in battle text actually showed up in your chat window, but NPC battle text does not for some reason. Lograch says stuff like "You are pretty tough for a morbus..." but its very hard to read them as you have to look at his speech bubbles while fighting the boss. Lugh has the same issue, he says certain lines in combat but they dont appear in your chat window.

Fiona probably cant deal DPS fast enough to interrupt it, same goes for sword lann (not sure if moon splitter can do it). Delia probably isnt fast enough either, since she wont have time to get off mutliple falling comets to hit the 80k hp threshold.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Question2 wrote: »
    Whats unfair is that the charge attack is impossible or nearly impossible to cancel if you are soloing with certain characters.

If you have really good burst DPS skills like massive impact, no problem, easy win.

But good luck trying to deal 80k hp to cancel it solo with certain characters. With 60 base attack speed + insane reaper buff, scythe evie's arcane gate is barely fast enough to finish during the charging time and you have to use it immediately as he starts charging. I can only do 2x MOD+BT snaps during the charging time, which is obviously not enough to cancel it. It is also very easy for arcane gate to get interurpted since he does deal AOE damage while he is charging the attack and he has a normal smash that looks VERY similar to the charging attack, where he holds the hammer at his side for a while before swinging it.

It would be a lot easier to notice the charging attack if Lograch's in battle text actually showed up in your chat window, but NPC battle text does not for some reason. Lograch says stuff like "You are pretty tough for a morbus..." but its very hard to read them as you have to look at his speech bubbles while fighting the boss. Lugh has the same issue, he says certain lines in combat but they dont appear in your chat window.

Fiona probably cant deal DPS fast enough to interrupt it, same goes for sword lann (not sure if moon splitter can do it). Delia probably isnt fast enough either, since she wont have time to get off mutliple falling comets to hit the 80k hp threshold.

Usually Werewolf's paw solves the speed problem easily, but I understand where you're coming from on that. A lot of characters can't deal enough damage to cancel said charge, despite having att, crit and bal cap (say for example said person has about 50-69 attack speed).

As for Lograch's text bubble, it depends on your monitor's size + resolution and how far you are from him as he starts it. Additionally, if you have a 4KRES monitor, that text bubble will be EXTREMELY tiny... almost to the point where you can't see it. Succubus and Iset are other bosses I know that use this bubble to talk, along with lugh you mentioned.

Though, what ticks me off is that people would usually STAND COMPLETELY STILL as he's charging... and I'm just like... really? Shouldn't have to waste a grace just to go out of my way to help someone get said title.