[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Any Channel Bot Spam Solution?

CranberriesCranberries
Vindictus Rep: 200
in General Discussion
How are people chatting in channel 1 (or any semi-populated channel) with all the bots? I can't read anything cause of the bots and manually blocking every new bot every day is not fun. It's ridiculous how this is still a problem.

Are people just ignoring them and somehow having conversations between the spam?
Is there a chat filter function I'm not aware of? I'd join a different channel like the old days but I suspect the entirety of the server are in the low digit channels

Comments

• TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    edited February 20, 2017
    I manually block them & yes, it's not fun at all to have to keep on blocking them every day.

The worst part is having to unblock them every couple of days when I hit the limit on players blocked.

Some of the more blatant ones even advertise using megas.

It's amazing that Nexon does absolutely nothing about them !!!! =.=
    Cranberries
  • CranberriesCranberries
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited February 20, 2017
    I was afraid that was the case, and half of them spew gibberish, so I don't know how they're even getting "customers". Really disappointing.
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    It's very difficult for nexon to ban accounts, the bots have to do something like start a fansite.
    CranberriesjjXV0lterixPixelPantsuTabbedTetsujinDinko4TheWinMixxiaboddoleWeiss_Oswaldand 1 other.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Yea theres an easy channel bot spam solution.

1. GM traces/looks up their IP to find their IP range and ISP. Its almost assuredly some paid VPN or proxy server to bypass the region block.

2. Range ban/ISP ban

3. ???

4. Profit!!!

Do this enough times and the gold sellers will figure that its more profitable to sell gold on other servers/games that dont ban them as often.
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    Be more verbal about this. Bring it up to Nexon's attention, and mention that EU never had a problem like this.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    In EU, we had that you needed to be level 10 to use the mailbox, and level 5+ or so to use the marketplace.

I'm not sure if that was one of the solutions against gold bots. Because they needed to level their characters aswell.

Tell me if im wrong.
  • boddoleboddole
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    JynXi wrote: »
    In EU, we had that you needed to be level 10 to use the mailbox, and level 5+ or so to use the marketplace.

I'm not sure if that was one of the solutions against gold bots. Because they needed to level their characters aswell.

Tell me if im wrong.

I -think- we (NA) have the same lvl.10 requirement for the mail and 40? for Megas (probably other things as well), but that still does nothing against bots that sit in 'local channels' and just blast away. I suppose you could prevent sub-10 players from using local chat to, more/less limited to private messages and their 'Class Channel', which might be decent.

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Be more verbal about this. Bring it up to Nexon's attention, and mention that EU never had a problem like this.

IIRC EU never had problems like this because the EU GMs were much more active./came up with better banning solutions rather than banning expendable accounts. It probably got too troublesome for the bots to keep creating new accounts on EU.

• AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    0wFdAXm.png