[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Need some opinions on maining my Karok or my Deli

SifTheWolfSifTheWolf
Vindictus Rep: 415
edited February 19, 2017 in General Discussion
Hey :)

I've got them both to 90, got a good feel of em' both.

But I still can't seem to decide. I keep jumping back and forth ;(

Delia
+waifu
+plays a lot like old hammer fiona
-Extremely Attack speed reliant (its disgusting to play her with the 8 attack speed I have on her rn - have to reply on her zenith a lot)
-No QOL improvements in sight (her ion thrust is SP hungry af)

Karok
+DPS is way greater than my delia who has similiar gear.
+ attack speed buff is very nice.
+husbu
+easier to play
-Gameplay is significantly easier than Delia due to absorb frames and not being super reliant on any LLLLLLLLLR combos

I very much enjoy the Aesthetics of Delia and her idea but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.
I'm in no way able to fully gear her right now and I think thats where a lot of the frustrations i have with her stems from - her lack of attack speed.

For those with a Delia with 50+ aspd, how is she?

For those with a Karok whose fully geared, thoughts?
  1. Delia or Karok24 votes
    1. Delia
       33% (8 votes)
    2. Karok
       67% (16 votes)

Comments

• 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    you forgot:
    Karok
    +clash

on the other hand no amount of aspd will give delia an iota of utility
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited February 19, 2017
    Do not use attack speed as an excuse to not main a character. Once you decide to main them, they will main you you can start focusing your resources to get that attack speed.

Karok can shout status effects away.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Big boobed swordslady has much bigger potential when geared properly so I'd go with that.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    A maxed out Delia has crazy deeps, but at the in between stages she can be a bit mediocre. Without speed to land those smashes as you've seen a Karok with similar gear will win out. Play the one you enjoy most, though. Either one will be great with top gear.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    when delia gets her 2nd weapon ull wish u were delia instead of forgotten karok
  • cNyzecNyze
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Kann mir wer helfen ?
    Ich versuche seid geschlagenen 45 Minuten meine Tastatur umzustellen (IG) weil mir Vindictus nach dem Update
    einfach mal meine komplette Tastatur umgestellt hat.
    Springen etc finde ich auch nicht wieder.
    Was kann man da machen?
    (Sry gehört zwar nich hier rein aber finde gerade keine passende Diskussion darüber)
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Delia because never enough waifus.
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    Play the one you enjoy most. I'd personally go for pillar Karok.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    you know when a character's selling point is arbitrarily high damage numbers, the character concept is garbage
    V0lterix
  • RossaryRossary
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    edited February 19, 2017
    There are some Delia solos on YT with 50 + - atack speed should look them up, IMHO all chars need Aim for atleast 50 speed.
    SifTheWolf
  • GanonGamer34GanonGamer34
    Vindictus Rep: 1,180
    One thing people always look at is damage. Yes, dealing a crap ton of damage is always fun, but can also be stale after a while depending on the playstyle. I've mained Karok for 4 years. He's stupid fun. His revamps made it even more fun. So I stick with him.

Now i never personally tried Delia but she also looks fun to me. But I couldn't even throw an opinion to that cause I never actually tried her.

But the only thing I can tell you is try both seriously and see what you find more fun. Ignore damage because if you're not having fun with the character then it's not worth playing. The number one thing of a video game is enjoyment, and that's something that you have to find through experimentation. Hell, I think Lynn still deals the worst damage in this game but people play her because that's what they find fun.

But if you want my personal opinion, Karok is fun as all hell and he doesn't require too much gear to have fun with.
    SifTheWolf
  • SifTheWolfSifTheWolf
    cNyze wrote: »
    Kann mir wer helfen ?
    Ich versuche seid geschlagenen 45 Minuten meine Tastatur umzustellen (IG) weil mir Vindictus nach dem Update
    einfach mal meine komplette Tastatur umgestellt hat.
    Springen etc finde ich auch nicht wieder.
    Was kann man da machen?
    (Sry gehört zwar nich hier rein aber finde gerade keine passende Diskussion darüber)

Translation:

Can anyone help me?
    I'm trying to be beaten 45 minutes to switch my keyboard (IG) because to me Vindictus after the update
    Simply times my complete keyboard has changed.
    Jumping etc I do not find again.
    What can you do there?
    (Sry does not belong here but purely no suitable discussion about it)

Probably not the right place to put this haha.
  • SifTheWolfSifTheWolf
    Rossary wrote: »
    There are some Delia solos on YT with 50 + - atack speed should look them up, IMHO all chars need Aim for atleast 50 speed.

Yea I've seen them - Its what made me want to make one.

I've chosen to stick with my Karok meanwhile - I think Delia doesn't have much going for her currently.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    edited February 20, 2017
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    you know when a character's selling point is arbitrarily high damage numbers, the character concept is garbage

Doesn't even make sense. No character's selling point lies in their numbers.
    Scythe evie's selling point was once stylish snap finishes. (good concept)
    Now its selling point is high damage? (bad concept)

Cestus karok's selling point was in-your-face combat with boxing style and besting huge monsters with sheer strength. (good concept)
    Selling point, at one point, was high damage numbers? (bad concept)

How does doing damage suddenly make it a bad concept? :thinking:

Also I don't know where people are getting delia has huge potential from. She seems to be one of the characters lower on the spectrum in terms of damage. She's also treated pretty badly by the newer content (aside from being super viable in sea of reflection.) Karok I'd say has a much higher potential when geared. In the end I'd say make both because playing this game with access to different forms of combat makes it a lot more fun. I find delia more appealing because I'm total waifu-warrior weeb trash but she lacks any sort of diversity in combat and forces you to go toe to toe with ferghus.
    SifTheWolf
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Why not both? Gear up both characters and have fun in both worlds.
  • SifTheWolfSifTheWolf
    Okatsu wrote: »
    2edgy4u wrote: »

Doesn't even make sense. No character's selling point lies in their numbers.
    Scythe evie's selling point was once stylish snap finishes. (good concept)
    Now its selling point is high damage? (bad concept)

Cestus karok's selling point was in-your-face combat with boxing style and besting huge monsters with sheer strength. (good concept)
    Selling point, at one point, was high damage numbers? (bad concept)

How does doing damage suddenly make it a bad concept? :thinking:

Also I don't know where people are getting delia has huge potential from. She seems to be one of the characters lower on the spectrum in terms of damage. She's also treated pretty badly by the newer content (aside from being super viable in sea of reflection.) Karok I'd say has a much higher potential when geared. In the end I'd say make both because playing this game with access to different forms of combat makes it a lot more fun. I find delia more appealing because I'm total waifu-warrior weeb trash but she lacks any sort of diversity in combat and forces you to go toe to toe with ferghus.

I agree with too much of this. =/

• 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    according to the delia supporters in this thread, her main selling point is numbers or boobs. the former are 1 nerf away from ditching her. so really her only good feature is boobs. OTOH, people used to play karok even when his numbers were trash because his character design was compelling. his animations give the character personality. what about delia's animations? why does she slow down her sword swing on her strongest smash??? is it more difficult for her to swing the sword downwards than up? i get that it adds weight to the animation and gameplay balance, but is completely immersion breaking. and don't even get me started on zenith.

ever done ulchas with 4+ delias? that's why utility is important.
    SifTheWolf
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    No cancel on Krakers can be a bit annoying as well.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Both Cestus and Pillar does pretty amazing deeps while offering a much more rewarding and dynamic playstyle compared to Delia who feels like a less engaging and more bare-bones Pillar.

Only place where Delia might get an edge is in survivability (since Karok lacks a spammable iframe move) and maybe a complete sandbag run although I think that is debatable since Karok is a lot stronger than people realize.
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Karok.