[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

what does XE stand for, in "Vindictus XE"

SuhpremeSuhpreme
Vindictus Rep: 3,935
in General Discussion
xtreme evolution?
xtra easy?
vindictus x europe?

Comments

• Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited February 17, 2017
    It used to mean EXtreme (just Extreme) for the following reasons:
    -Normal and Hard modes spawned "buffed" mobs
    -You have an incentive to become Extremely powerful by playing good and keeping your combo
    -Faster paced battles with less stamina consumptions and non stop run
    -Better abilitiy to move and control the environment with jumps
    -You have Style Bonus that increase the EXP you receive at the end of the battle

Cant think of other reasons, feel free to add.
    Btw, if your intention is to just mock us europeans for how bad we're dealing with premiere, think how you'd react if you'd feel your favorite game just been nerfed, put yourself in our position.

I'm doing my best to try and adapt, its like learnig a new game to me, it doesn't feel the same.
    Order5NovuAmewarashiLoreataSamalenkoRossaryBloodAngel
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    Game has already been "nerfed" to very easy compare to what vindictus actually was in ss1 and you ppl still prefer the easier version?
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited February 17, 2017
    Xtra Elite 1337
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650

Obligatory. :D
  • SilentineSilentine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Geez, and here I was excited that I can now talk with NA players in forum...

XE standed for extreme.
    Weiss_Oswald forgot to mention about the jump. We could also jump and perform 1 - 2 hit and a smash while in air. (does not make you invincible to ground attacks/AOE waves)
    and the XE move, pressing left and right button, your character performs and XE move, a powerful smash that makes you invincible durring the attack animation but consumes some amount of HP.

Please sir, some of us are excited to be able to talk to more players in forum, don't mock us. Just like you we are fighting, learning and doing our best to be one of the best.
    Here is something else XE had some dissadvantages from NA. I found out my dodge to be much more responsive in PRE. 10% of the time in XE my dodge was unresponsive (really bad and frustrating at Neamain when my dodge doesn't activate)
  • AmewarashiAmewarashi
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited February 18, 2017
    -You have an incentive to become Extremely powerful by playing good and keeping your combo
    aka can deal extra damage as long as you don't get hit.
  • LoreataLoreata
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    MochiSweet wrote: »
    Game has already been "nerfed" to very easy compare to what vindictus actually was in ss1 and you ppl still prefer the easier version?
    What? Nobody said anything about preference, people here only said they need time to get used to it, which is normal.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    XE stands for eXtreme Edition. Weiss_Oswald summarised some of the changes, but there are way more than it. I am not sure if there exist a full list of the actual differences as of current, because some of them were merged with premiere along time.

You can search for various discussions we had back in the European forums. Probably none of them is truly full, especially considering fact some people tend to bring false arguments such as "premiere is like 125% of combo", or bringing non-version related changes (like TIR).

If You want to learn more about XE, here's a post I made back in while. Now that we are on premiere, I would modify the list a bit, because there's more to that.

Is there anything more You want to know?
    Loreata
  • NovalitusNovalitus
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    A game has to be FUN to me.
    Thats the main goal right??

XE offered just that. To me Vindictus should be a fun, fast paced hacking/slashing kind of game. Where you shouldn't have to worry about pressing shift to run or run out of stamina for that matter.
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Vindictus XE = Vindictus Xtreme Elites

It's reserved for people who have spent lot of $$$ in game. Have top 5% in stats (Example: over 30k Att or M-att Power)

Jk I have no idea.
  • RivaRiva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited February 19, 2017
    NA thinking they're hot sh*t because they don't have autorun, when in fact game became easier for eu