[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Do not Use or Exchange for Gear Protection Rune

V0lterixV0lterix
Vindictus Rep: 1,555
in General Discussion
2017_02_16_0001.jpg

This right here, is a flaming pile of dragon droppings. Many endgame players will note the number of enhance runes it took to +10 their lv90 armor, factoring in the cost of enhance runes, paradise stones, elixirs, and the fee. So now we will receive (1) one free rune for 10-12 but DOES NOT function at all similarly to the recent Premium Armor Enhancement Rune(10-12). In addition to receiving one the weekend after next, you can exchange 3(out of 8 maximum) Super Week Tickets for this rune.

So sure, your armor will not be destroyed. You'll lose 3(three), not one, not two, BUT THREE ENHANCE LEVELS on failure. This means this is only remotely "useful" for enhancing lv80 armors and below, simply for HP bonuses. It's a relief this idiotic rune isn't for sale in the Supply Depot, because that would be a bold faced scam.

If you want to enhance your armor past +10, you're better off yoloing or waiting for the Premium Armor Enhance rune being on sale.

Comments

• SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    Would it only be useful on an enhancement attempt on a weapon that was already boomed once?

Losing 3 enhancement levels seems like a better alternative than losing the weapon for absolutely nothing.

This does seem like a sort of pointless rune tho, wondering what Nexon was trying to get at with this.
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    Soj wrote: »
    Would it only be useful on an enhancement attempt on a weapon that was already boomed once?

Losing 3 enhancement levels seems like a better alternative than losing the weapon for absolutely nothing.

This does seem like a sort of pointless rune tho, wondering what Nexon was trying to get at with this.

That's a waste of gold and AP to use this rune to enhance a restored weapon with. It'll protect you from booming 11-12, but if you fail, your +11 restored weapon is now +8 and restored. If you want to continue enhancing you'll want enhance runes, and perhaps a +11 rune. But unless this is some 4* full OJ weapon, then it isn't worth it at all.

VoldairePixelPantsudaws360
  • ERRORERROR
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    I have a fully upgraded/enchanted +11 and refuse to play the boom game, so this is my only safe option.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    It isn't a scam. The rune is only worthwile in a situation where you have an item on +10 and a +3 coupon (which we will get from ongoing events later on). Since the said coupon only works on items up to +10 you effectively have a free chance to get one additional enhancement level.
    Rakushu2edgy4uOrder5KenshinXMoistyPicklesNerita
  • RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    It isn't a scam. The rune is only worthwile in a situation where you have an item on +10 and a +3 coupon (which we will get from ongoing events later on). Since the said coupon only works on items up to +10 you effectively have a free chance to get one additional enhancement level.

Not too bad in this scenario...
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    V0lterix wrote: »
    Soj wrote: »

That's a waste of gold and AP to use this rune to enhance a restored weapon with. It'll protect you from booming 11-12, but if you fail, your +11 restored weapon is now +8 and restored. If you want to continue enhancing you'll want enhance runes, and perhaps a +11 rune. But unless this is some 4* full OJ weapon, then it isn't worth it at all.

It's still preferable to the alternative of losing your weapon entirely, like say you're a player enhancing without a backup (haven't we all been there). Of course in that case, I personally would just sit on the +11, and there are better choices for the 3 tickets, but dropping a restored weapon to +8 is not the worst case scenario.
  • IphitIphit
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    this rune is great , no matter the situation , if you try to +12 and it fails its better to attempt again instead of losing the weapon .+8 is better than starting from +0 like on EU we got the exact same rune but if we failed the enhance it went back to 0 in this case it becomes a pain. You can just fail to +12 go to +8 and yolo it again it's still an extra chance since it would boom to +12 without the rune.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    You'd probably want to use a Goibhniu Enhancement Stone (G-stone) anyway, and you can pick up a couple of Enhancement Elixirs from any Hero Mode.
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited February 17, 2017
    Only seems worth it given the combination of events going on currently. Which makes sense, seeing as its otherwise unavailable. If you have a +11 you can attempt 12, and if it fails it will go back to 8 where you can use one of the coupons to return it to 10. Then, use one of the premium enhance runes to hopefully get back to 11. If it succeeds then you can repeat the process with your new 12.

In a normal situation you would have your 11 or 12 reverted to pre-10, use who knows how many runes just to get it back to 10, and then not have a protection against booming just trying to get back to where you started.
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    Your better off with getting the 2 premium runes (or 1 and an inner) in almost all cases and just saving them for other weapons if you dont need them right away. The goilbhniu stone in there is just 1 right? Weird....even at 5 it would be a waste of tickets.
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    edited February 17, 2017
    V0lterix wrote: »
    2017_02_16_0001.jpg

This right here, is a flaming pile of dragon droppings. Many endgame players will note the number of enhance runes it took to +10 their lv90 armor, factoring in the cost of enhance runes, paradise stones, elixirs, and the fee. So now we will receive (1) one free rune for 10-12 but DOES NOT function at all similarly to the recent Premium Armor Enhancement Rune(10-12). In addition to receiving one the weekend after next, you can exchange 3(out of 8 maximum) Super Week Tickets for this rune.

So sure, your armor will not be destroyed. You'll lose 3(three), not one, not two, BUT THREE ENHANCE LEVELS on failure. This means this is only remotely "useful" for enhancing lv80 armors and below, simply for HP bonuses. It's a relief this idiotic rune isn't for sale in the Supply Depot, because that would be a bold faced scam.

If you want to enhance your armor past +10, you're better off yoloing or waiting for the Premium Armor Enhance rune being on sale.

Sigh. How about think of it a little more. You have 3 chances to get +12 (It's assuming if you are using +11 protection runes, and regular enhancement runes)

What you are saying "It's better to have no weapon then a +8 weapon"...

Also it says weapons on it, so once the new level 95 weapons release the price difference between +11 to +12 is massive. (Like 400m)
    A +15 level 90 = +10 level 95 weapon in terms of attack, so everyone will have to change weapons. (Also has much more crit)
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    The thing about this rune is you have to give up something else to get it.

Most people would rather have more +11 runes than this.
    SaintGuinness
  • PurePure
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    edited February 18, 2017
    This rune is just bad. I used it in the past and was extremely frustrated. While Premium runes are worth 10.000+ NX, I'm not sure what the normal price of this one is, but I believe around 4.000...? Sadly the old EU website is dead, so I can't look it up.

I know some people succeeded using it while enhancing to +12, but...

Well, I'll never get this one again. I'd rather attempt without.

And we had 2 kinds of these runes on EU. One going all the way back to +0 too. ^ ^ I think this one made me so annoyed actually.

The 3 events allow us to get 3 Premium enhancement runes (1 from the ticket store, 1 for 50 h, 1 from a weekend box).