[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hurk 2nd weapon's gameplay

Comments

• X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I vote for Hand Axe and Arm Cannon as to "what it should have been."
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    Here's a good Zecallion solo.

Now this is what I like. Consistent use of SP skills. Dude even goes in and out of rifle mode at the drop of a hat.
    JessGameZezeBladehawkCoffeebeans
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    CometCupid wrote: »
    Here's a good Zecallion solo.

Now this is what I like. Consistent use of SP skills. Dude even goes in and out of rifle mode at the drop of a hat.

Played in a more advanced way like that it looks awesome.The 1st couple videos where not so convincing.Along with Greatsword i think that this second weapon is a great change of pace in between both weapons.The shotgun(with the aim) or whatever they call it sounds very good

Very great video

• SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    but how much attack speed do you need to play it that fast

when is attack speed going to be a passive skill that you can upgrade with AP????
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    The better question is, how well does Teide Hurk fare against Neamhain raid in comparison to Greatsword?
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    I'd assume much better since it's a safer playstyle.
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    I'm really confused that zecallion solo Hurk is shooting a lot of empty rounds
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Greatsword will be only useful for nostalgia reasons once hurk gets teide. No hit drag, similiar smash skipping, safer, more sandbag dps, etc.
  • ZezeZeze
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
    edited January 22, 2017
    you still can shoot when there's no bullet in the gun
    but it will slow him because hurk will reload and fire, also only 60% damage applied
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Zeze wrote: »
    you still can shoot when there's no bullet in the gun
    but it will slow him because hurk will reload and fire, also only 60% damage applied

Ya that's what I meant, I didn't know if the sword swings are worth the damage loss he was experiencing.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    I really hope they flesh out his sword a bit more. It's just too worthelss atm.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Maybe they might do it in future revamps.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Took years to release; did it halfway...

Can't explain that!
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590

Can't explain that!

The idea of the weapon is that it's harder to use than it looks if you want to actually maximize DPS. Junyoop explained this and I even know what he means. So in all honesty the weapon is fun because it's an absolute pain to be able to maximize DPS against other users. Since not only do you have to be much more aggressive than Greatsword but you also have to manage your Wound stacks as well as your Ammo count. If you fire without a bullet in the chamber you only deal around 40% damage per shot unless you reload. There are quite a bit of skills to help utilize the wound stacks as well. One of those skills ALSO regen your Stamina.
    Bowtacojr
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    The idea of the weapon is that it's harder to use than it looks if you want to actually maximize DPS.

I dunno how any of it works, but this piques my interest.

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    The idea of the weapon is that it's harder to use than it looks if you want to actually maximize DPS.

I dunno how any of it works, but this piques my interest.

Its because his attacks dont do nearly as much damage as greatsword when not using enhanced bullets but the attacks are faster. Add Lacerated Wound (Wound lv 3) with very high crit and you essentially probably have a good 5-10k damage per shot if the bullets are enhanced. This is just a guestimate though.
  • NyuuTheKatNyuuTheKat
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Wasn't hurk a blacksmith? he doesn't seem like all muscle and no brains.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    NyuuTheKat wrote: »
    Wasn't hurk a blacksmith? he doesn't seem like all muscle and no brains.

Yeah he was taken in as an apprentice Blacksmith forging his own weapon.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530

Can't explain that!

The idea of the weapon is that it's harder to use than it looks if you want to actually maximize DPS. Junyoop explained this and I even know what he means. So in all honesty the weapon is fun because it's an absolute pain to be able to maximize DPS against other users. Since not only do you have to be much more aggressive than Greatsword but you also have to manage your Wound stacks as well as your Ammo count. If you fire without a bullet in the chamber you only deal around 40% damage per shot unless you reload. There are quite a bit of skills to help utilize the wound stacks as well. One of those skills ALSO regen your Stamina.

The sword still feels like an afterthought, and the play style doesn't fit Hurk at all. There may be requirements to get the most out of it, but if it doesn't seem from what's been posted that it's going to be very enjoyable. Difficult for some != fun for most. And the shotty still sounds like butt =p
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드

Can't explain that!

The sword still feels like an afterthought, and the play style doesn't fit Hurk at all. There may be requirements to get the most out of it, but if it doesn't seem from what's been posted that it's going to be very enjoyable. Difficult for some != fun for most. And the shotty still sounds like butt =p

Its more of a "experience for yourself" type of thing imo for Teide. I already know a lot of people are going to hate it.