[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What is the purpose of quick play?

MoosecatMoosecat
Vindictus Rep: 200
in General Discussion
It seems like no one uses it.

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    People use it all the time, but most people probably dont sit on the boat waiting for randoms to join. You can use it to do muir/succubus while sitting in colhen for example.
  • MoosecatMoosecat
    edited January 25, 2017
    Just trying to break the monotony of leveling by pretending that this is a multiplayer game still, but no boats are up.

Even royal raid is dead.
  • VoldaireVoldaire
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    Moosecat wrote: »
    Just trying to break the monotony of leveling by pretending that this is a multiplayer game still, but no boats are up.

Even royal raid is dead.

Royal raid is dead because it's a hot mess
  • Question2Question2

Even royal raid is dead.

No boats are up because there is no reason to sit on the boat hoping that randoms show up. This is really one of those games that you should play with friends to make leveling more fun, if you cant handle soloing to end game. Thankfully you at least get free gear now via quests so you dont have to worry about not being able to afford basic gear.
  • MoosecatMoosecat
    Vindictus Private Server when? I miss old vindictus.
  • PortalsPortals
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    edited January 25, 2017
    With progression at its easiest overall in the past several years, endgame stats making the majority of the content easy to solo, scrolls and cash shop items being obtainable from the marketplace, there is barely ever a reason for players to socialize. The newest content (along with a handful of older raids) are usually the only things that are worth running so you will never see many people looking to do anything else in the quick battle menu, unless it is event related.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    getting a bunch of people to virtually stand together and spam emotes is what you miss? maybe second life is more your speed
    BladehawkNoburo
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940

They exist, and they suck. You'll see some guy plugging his version around here and the reddit occasionally. Honestly only worth checking out to see how not laggy the UI used to be.
  • MoosecatMoosecat
    Noburo wrote: »

They exist, and they suck. You'll see some guy plugging his version around here and the reddit occasionally. Honestly only worth checking out to see how not laggy the UI used to be.

A Non laggy ui sounds like a pipe-dream at this point.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    All I've seen Moosecat do so far is complain in this thread and keep going off topic from what he/she originally said. Quick battle is very lit and people use it frequently just for the extra core from a full party and other benefits it has. I recommend favoriting battles so you can literally have a quick battle.

I've experienced problems with not being able to reattempt a battle though even if I have vip active and just throws me back to town but that's a minor problem really. Otherwise this is a very useful function and if you don't like it don't use it when trying to find boats and go up to the board old fashioned way.
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    edited January 25, 2017
    BloodAngel wrote: »
    I've experienced problems with not being able to reattempt a battle though even if I have vip active and just throws me back to town but that's a minor problem really.

I don't think that's a problem - it sounds like it's supposed to work that way. Quick Battle isn't about chaining multiple battles with the same party intact. You pick a battle, create or join a party, do the battle, then return to town. In this way, it's probably best to run through all the battles in a particular train once, then again, instead of trying to do each battle back-to-back. Or not? Doesn't really matter :P

• MoosecatMoosecat

BloodAngel wrote: »
    All I've seen Moosecat do so far is complain in this thread and keep going off topic from what he/she originally said. Quick battle is very lit and people use it frequently just for the extra core from a full party and other benefits it has. I recommend favoriting battles so you can literally have a quick battle.

I've experienced problems with not being able to reattempt a battle though even if I have vip active and just throws me back to town but that's a minor problem really. Otherwise this is a very useful function and if you don't like it don't use it when trying to find boats and go up to the board old fashioned way.

That's because you're a new blood. Also "Very lit."
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Bladehawk I was referring more to my 2x succ and muir's I tried doing from colhen and since it kicked me back to colhen to recreate the party I figured I might as well not bother and go to roch anyways haha

@Moosecat what you just said wasn't a "very lit" response to mine.
  • RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    cant replay the same run using quick play...not convenient when running with friends
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Yeah I wanted to just get 3 quick raids done for daily bingo tickets yesterday, and had my friend try the quick battle system. Every thing he made filled up within 30 seconds.

Its purpose is quite literally to have "quick battles."
  • OsmarHOsmarH
    Vindictus Rep: 1,135
    Saves gold. Also time.

• MoosecatMoosecat
    OsmarH wrote: »
    Saves gold. Also time.

Explain? Do Quick Battles not incur repair bills?
  • Question2Question2
    Hes probably talking about carriage fees.
    DownIoad
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    On the contrary it may becuz the quick battles are filling so fast u missed it. Has happened to me before. So stop being so negative and the play the damn game.
    DownIoad
  • MoosecatMoosecat
    Can you set oaths for s1 quick battles?