[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Level 90 armors

Comments

• elcausaelcausa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    I honestly have never bought merc pots, have a couple hundred of them from events lol, Unless I derp somewhere I don't even need to use pots, I make do with just coro, back when I buffed my def to 20k in s3 several runs would end without breaking mana shields and the ones that did didn't even lower my hp to even warrant a coro, at 17k or 18k with soap I can probably take about 10-15 but mana shields regen so if the hits are not too close together it can be a lot more as for def and flinching yes it has to do with mana shields and using the super armor from focusing and cf etc to deal with flinches, now is not like i just stand there and never dodge , you have to know what you can take without flinching and what you can't,
    I don't really plan to the future until the future gets here then I deal with it, if I need an upgrade then I'll get one if I can make do with what I have the I'll do that, usually there's stuff that comes with new content so you can reach the new contents caps.

Maybe I'll make another evie on eu sometime after you guys migrate
  • ErinieIErinieI
    Vindictus Rep: 2,380
    Well, I'm just glad I won't have to play with you nor are you someone I'll ever meet ingame.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited October 30, 2016
    @yukanai: the way def works is that once you pass a certain threshold, you can tank wayy more hits. 9-10k def vs 17k def is a huge difference in s3 and s2. You take far less damage and the number of hits you can soak up is more than just 3-5. Elcausa prolly can take 15+ more hits than you.

@eriniel: lets hope you are on EU or west to guarantee no interaction with you.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Staffies have Healing Corona on top of Regeneration and Mana Shield. Having 17k DEF and plate armor means you can tank a lot more than just 15 extra hits in S2 and S3 compared to a 10k DEF with light armor.
    ErinieI
    ErinieI said:

Well, I'm just glad I won't have to play with you nor are you someone I'll ever meet ingame.
    @Eriniel Totally uncalled for comment. Also, this isn't your thread, so stop personalizing it.

• YukaniaYukania
    Vindictus Rep: 1,340
    edited October 30, 2016
    are we still at leaving our future builds here?
    This is the one I'm aiming for (more or less, cause I already got an higher enhanced weap)
    Didn't bother for gems cause they are not important.

I'm hybrid though so getting that sweet spd is a must for my scythe

Edit: I guess I was bored to put th equip on +6
    Scarrlettt

@yukanai: the way def works is that once you pass a certain threshold, you can tank wayy more hits. 9-10k def vs 17k def is a huge difference in s3 and s2. You take far less damage and the number of hits you can soak up is more than just 3-5. Elcausa prolly can take 15+ more hits than you.
    "probably".
    Though I've asked for a number of possible hits
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    edited October 30, 2016
    Yukania
    Yukania said:

are we still at leaving our future builds here?
    This is the one I'm aiming for (more or less, cause I already got an higher enhanced weap)
    Didn't bother for gems cause they are not important.

I'm hybrid though so getting that sweet spd is a must for my scythe

Edit: I guess I was bored to put th equip on +6
    Scarrlettt

"probably".
    Though I've asked for a number of possible hits
    I dont hve 17k def so I cant give you a specific number. But i guarantee you its significantly higher than the 3-5 hits you guessed.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Well just asked my 16k def kai friend, he said he takes 100 damage roughly in s2 and 200-300 in s3. With a base of 7000 hp that means he can tank 70 hits in s2 and 35-23 hits. So its way more than my 15 estimate.
  • elcausaelcausa
    edited October 30, 2016
    in s3 even 17k compared to 18k makes a good difference, 20k even more of a difference, I'm not sure if mana shields are affected with the 19k def cap but they where a lot more sturdier at 20k, It makes a significant difference to me when I run s3 rids with soap and with out specially when i do the ones aside from regina since i don't really run them regularly, as for the it count I'm just guessing as I don't really count the hits but are a lot more compared with my 12k def west evie
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    1: defense caps at 19k so anything over that is pointless
    2: defense is redundant as you shoudlnt be taking hits
    3: if you do take any hits having 10-12k is sufficient with Evie coz mana shields
    4: if doing braha LOOOOOOOOOOL coz his attacks ignore defense anyway...
  • LevianteLeviante
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    You really REALLY don't need more than 10k DEF. Especially for Evie.

I'm running with 9.7k something, every piece is either clean or low enhanced (+3). Don't have any issues with s3 and s2 is just steamroll these days. It leaves you enough space for errors.

Thus I'd recommend you to aim for that mainstream endgame build (6 light/cloth or 3/3 enlight enthu stuff) to go full offensive instead of trading speed and/or crit for DEF.

Hey if you want to tank more hits than average players feel free to do so, but do it after you're done with everything else. Don't prioritize it.

Hell I'd say keep 80 and yolo rank 7 enchants on it but lvl90 purple/blue armors are so cheap keeping lvl80 feels like a waste plus it's pretty hard to get capped wil with lvl80. Pretty much losing min 1 crit in every case compared to lvl90 builds.

Gotta love how EU and NA mindsets are vastly different.
  • NyavengerNyavenger
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    edited November 1, 2016
    I sometime forget the north american version does not include a dodge button.
  • elcausaelcausa
    XE has that combo system for not getting hit right?
    This feels like the time before s3 here in NA where having a tank evie was insta noob, amusing times but pointless to discuss here in the forums whether a def build works or not, as the only way I could prove it back then was at the end of the battle
  • TannakraTannakra
    elcausa
    elcausa said:

XE has that combo system for not getting hit right?
    This feels like the time before s3 here in NA where having a tank evie was insta noob, amusing times but pointless to discuss here in the forums whether a def build works or not, as the only way I could prove it back then was at the end of the battle
    Combo system is broken for Evie so thats pointless but yes we do have "incentives" to not get hit XE also has no Healing Corona which really incentivises you to not get hit coz you cant just insta heal ur HP back with one skill
  • elcausaelcausa
    Probably those differences make it non viable in XE but here in premiere is a valid option. not like it is a popular build here either at least on east there's only 2 of us evies from back before s3 with such builds but it works for us
  • TannakraTannakra
    elcausa
    elcausa said:

Probably those differences make it non viable in XE but here in premiere is a valid option. not like it is a popular build here either at least on east there's only 2 of us evies from back before s3 with such builds but it works for us
    it is viable on XE its just downright retarded to do so since Evie doesnt NEED Def and SHOULDNT be taking hits EVER! and if you do thats what the 10k Def is for hell NA even has Healing Corona to heal up said brain farts as that

• ScarrletttScarrlettt
    edited November 2, 2016
    EU people tryna reason why def build sucks to NA people even though we play a very different version of the game. Combo system changes everything.
  • YukaniaYukania
    Vindictus Rep: 1,340
    Scarrlettt

EU people tryna reason why def build sucks to NA people even though we play a very different version of the game. Combo system changes everything.
    So you want to say that EU tends to be more skilled because they lose more dmg if they get hit?
  • NekonomimiNekonomimi
    Vindictus Rep: 650
    Regardless of game version, you shouldn't be hit in the first place, period. XE says "Git gud" PRE says "Stack DEF".

I personally prefer the "Git gud" than the "Stack DEF". Aka cap matk, crit, bal and get as much speed as you can.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited November 4, 2016
    24k ATT - 17k DEF - 132/90/53 lol... at this point it's not even a matter of "PRE/XE, NA/EU", I'm just wondering where's the fun nor challenge with a build where you can tank 666 hits while doing max damage. (att + crit capped)

:/

About this thread, just go with whatever you want. I personally run 3 Termi - 3 Braha. Might change to 3 Termi - 3 Regina, mix of both because why not : decent spd/crit/bal + viable def (12-13k)

Also lol at people trying to cap at Neamhain, which is literally 1 raid.
  • elcausaelcausa
    Well this went of a tangent, guess I needed a disclaimer?
    Disclaimer: the opinions posted by elcausa do not represent the opinion or skill level or playstyle of the whole NA region, it solely represents the individual.

Seriously, OP asked for builds, someone mentioned a def build, someone dismissed, I posed my build to support that it is possible, that's all I wanted, to put the option out there whether the op chooses it or not is up to him/her.

I never made a claim that I was skilled, or that def builds are better, that's up to each one to choose whats better and what you find fun, if I can do the same dps or more than a staffie geared with the usual enchanted light/cloth armor, what's the problem if i get hit? I didn't know this was a rhythmic gymnastics game.