[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Undocumented patch changes

Comments

• LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Did they raise the requirements for Hero Mode in this patch? I thought it used to be level 50. Now when trying to enter Proof of Courage hero mode it says I must be level 52.
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Did they raise the requirements for Hero Mode in this patch? I thought it used to be level 50. Now when trying to enter Proof of Courage hero mode it says I must be level 52.

That's because Proof of Courage can't be run until you're level 52.
    LoLoBooty
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Anyone else getting "notification numbers" on the skill menu icon now? I don't really understand how it works. My Karok has a 4 on it; I'm assuming it's because I still have ranks left on Standing Endurance/Weight Endurance/Intelligence/Battle Respiration and also have the spare AP to max them. However, my Lynn is also sitting on enough AP to level a bunch of skills but doesn't get a number on the icon. Haven't checked any other characters, but that's kinda weird isn't it?

Speaking of Lynn, that new running animation is bugging me. Her arm is on some weird unnatural swivel that goes way too fast compared to how the rest of her body is animated.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Remember when i mentioned too many important changes are missed? This is one of those things right here. Thats why when i look at NA's posted notes i question a lot if most of the important changes were never implemented.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Question2 wrote: »
    Okatsu wrote: »
    Scarrlettt wrote: »
    Honestly the whisper change is actually a very good change. It was annoying when you mistyped the first word of ur whisper and if u backspace it would delete the entire name. Who cares if you gotta manually backspace the whole name? That is hardly something to complain about.

Regarding the AP change, yes it was a downgrade and makes no sense but its not that bad either. Honestly who even just adds 10 ap to a skill and leaves it at that? Most pple will just wanna max out the skill. This was actually a nice streamlined change.

You are missing the point, the oriignal whisper system wouldnt delete the name if you mistyped the first letter of the whisper. That bug was introduced only after the UI revamp. Trying to manually type multiple player names to message them now takes a lot longer as you have to backspace every letter.

Removing the ability to disable skill videos is not a streamlined change, its a step backwards. The AP window still makes a reference to "video display deactivated" but there is no way to disable it anymore.

You don't have to manually type out each player name since once you've whispered a player once you can press the up or down arrow keys to cycle through people you've whispered recently...

Not if you are typing out their names manually for the first time. Like if you are trying to message 6+ people to organize raids, etc. Its just an unnecessary change. What was wrong with being able to backspace clear playernames instantly? Literally nobody had any issues with it.

A ton of people had issues with it. This new change was better as can be seen by just merely looking at the majority of the forum posters here agreeing with it
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited January 22, 2017
    I would've listed a crap ton of things, but this thread is clearly just arguing about what's problematic and what isn't as opposed to simply being a list of changes that were undocumented.
    Kourin wrote: »
    Another change to the whispers?

If you change characters and someone you were whispering on your previous character whispers back, it will go through to your new character.

Not sure if this was already there cos it's the first time it's happened to me or it could just be a bug, but it was surprising nonetheless.

This has been happening for over two years. To be precise, if someone was whispering to you and you swapped from say your Evie to your Lann, you will still receive any additional messages, but they will be addressed from your Evie. In most cases, the person who whispered to you will also get the message "this character is offline" if they continue to whisper to you after the switch.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Okatsu wrote: »
    Honestly the whisper change is actually a very good change. It was annoying when you mistyped the first word of ur whisper and if u backspace it would delete the entire name. Who cares if you gotta manually backspace the whole name? That is hardly something to complain about.

Regarding the AP change, yes it was a downgrade and makes no sense but its not that bad either. Honestly who even just adds 10 ap to a skill and leaves it at that? Most pple will just wanna max out the skill. This was actually a nice streamlined change.

You are missing the point, the oriignal whisper system wouldnt delete the name if you mistyped the first letter of the whisper. That bug was introduced only after the UI revamp. Trying to manually type multiple player names to message them now takes a lot longer as you have to backspace every letter.

Removing the ability to disable skill videos is not a streamlined change, its a step backwards. The AP window still makes a reference to "video display deactivated" but there is no way to disable it anymore.

You don't have to manually type out each player name since once you've whispered a player once you can press the up or down arrow keys to cycle through people you've whispered recently...

Not if you are typing out their names manually for the first time. Like if you are trying to message 6+ people to organize raids, etc. Its just an unnecessary change. What was wrong with being able to backspace clear playernames instantly? Literally nobody had any issues with it.

A ton of people had issues with it. This new change was better as can be seen by just merely looking at the majority of the forum posters here agreeing with it

Once again the issue that people had with it was that after the UI revamp, hitting backspace with one remaining letter would also delete the playername.
  • Question2Question2
    Noburo wrote: »
    Anyone else getting "notification numbers" on the skill menu icon now? I don't really understand how it works. My Karok has a 4 on it; I'm assuming it's because I still have ranks left on Standing Endurance/Weight Endurance/Intelligence/Battle Respiration and also have the spare AP to max them. However, my Lynn is also sitting on enough AP to level a bunch of skills but doesn't get a number on the icon. Haven't checked any other characters, but that's kinda weird isn't it?

Speaking of Lynn, that new running animation is bugging me. Her arm is on some weird unnatural swivel that goes way too fast compared to how the rest of her body is animated.

I think the number over the AP window might be referring to the number of unlearned combat skills you have. Which is a pretty pointless number since any character with a secondary weapon will have plenty of unlearned combat skills from their unused weapon...
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited January 23, 2017
    -snip- phone lagged posted by accident
  • NoburoNoburo
    Noburo wrote: »

I think the number over the AP window might be referring to the number of unlearned combat skills you have. Which is a pretty pointless number since any character with a secondary weapon will have plenty of unlearned combat skills from their unused weapon...

I figured it out this morning actually, the number goes up for every awakened skill at 0 durability. So I'm stuck with that at 1 forever since I will never refill the awakening on Mammoth Sweep now that the revamp turned that into the skill for the dinky little spin right before Mammoth Assault. :|
  • WilkoWilko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,750
    "Fixed the starting location for the flight path which appears when aiming a secondary weapon"

When I first read that in the patch notes I (foolishly) thought they meant they corrected the aiming laser that's inconsistent for most characters and various secondary weapons. Nope! My Arisha will continue to throw snowballs to the left of the laser, Karok and Hurk will throw spears higher than the laser, etc.

The new fixed initial aim sucks since a vast majority of my intended targets are below where they force you to point. I liked pointing my camera before aiming.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Wilko wrote: »
    "Fixed the starting location for the flight path which appears when aiming a secondary weapon"
    I liked pointing my camera before aiming.

Agreed
  • TheDestroyerTheDestroyer
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    On NA backspacing cleared everything in the /w or /m Server any time you cleared what you were typing to someone/about to mega and you made a typo. The fix has corrected that. Don't think they made a mistake there. As I said elsewhere, it's one of my favorite fixes.

No, the original whisper system before the UI revamp only cleared the player name, not the text you typed.

Having to backspace every single letter of the player name makes it very time consuming to message multiple people at once.

I like it the way it is now. before if I mistyped the first letter and backspaced it erased the whole name now it doesn't...

Also here's a tip that I've always used when whispering. By default "[" key is assigned to initate whisper and by default it will bring up last persons name whispered and ready to go. you can also use the ARROW keys to jump between the list of people whispered recently (or while logged in) and its been that way as far as I can remember (years) haha
  • WilkoWilko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,750
    edited January 26, 2017
    Did the detection range for items showing up on the UI get reduced? I have to be a few dodges away to see gold and ergs to show on the UI now when it used to show from several rooms away. "Get!"s show up fine, but the stuff that don't have that need you to be nearby before they get shown by the environment info button now.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    I like the Hp Bonus on Armor now my +15 heremon chest gives me 1khp
    DownIoad
  • erickhendrixerickhendrix
    Vindictus Rep: 930
    there is to a new section in the market place under consumable that is emotes, if this isn't here yet, i bet soon emotes will either come as airtight items or special emotes will be released and you will be able to sell them in mp
    DownIoad
  • NoburoNoburo
    How long have exquisite and non-exquisite items been renamed like this?
    BIepHyS.jpg?1
  • Question2Question2
    Since this patch, but they missed some items i think.