[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Undocumented patch changes

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
edited January 23, 2017 in General Discussion
Ones I have noticed so far :

Whisper system : The original whisper system allowed you to use backspace to instantly delete the player name, this allowed you to quickly whisper multiple different people since you could quickly change the player names. The UI revamp introduced a bug where pressing backspace when there was still one letter remaining after the player name would delete the player name, e.g. /w playername a and then hitting backspace would delete the playername instead of the "a". The whisper system now forces you to manually backspace every single letter of the player name, making it a really tedious task to whisper multiple players at once.

Level 85 belt : Abomination drops the essence for the level 85 belt apparently, similar to eochaid earrings.

Skill window : Skills are now sorted by alphabetical order, you can no longer disable skill videos from playing, and you are now forced to spend all or no AP when ranking up skills. This is an incredibly dumb change for obvious reasons. It serves no purpose and nobody asked for this change.

Secondary weapons : When aiming secondary weapons, it used to aim where your camera was, now it always aims at a fixed spot that is in the middle of the map (height wise). Try aiming spears at, say, kobold archers you now have to manually aim downwards EVERY SINGLE TIME you go into secondary weapon mode. This makes spearing things much more time consuming as you have to re-aim a large amount for every single throw....

The patch notes say "Fixed the starting location for the flight path which appears when aiming a secondary weapon" which might be referring to this change, but I cannot fathom why they thought this was a bug. If anything, the fact that the aiming location is fixed (instead of aiming where the camera is) and we have to constantly aim downwards everytime we go into secondary weapon mode is the bug.

Importantly, Nexon EU did not "fix" this "bug" for the EU server. This is a NA exclusive change.

Item obtained system messages : They now include hotlinks for the items so you can click them to see what they are.

Deleting expired items : You no longer get a popup asking you to confirm that you want to delete expired items, including expired NX items. Great change overall, as you no longer need to type the stupid confirmation code in order to delete expired badges from your NX tab.

Environment info in advanced controls : On my evie, "environment info" in the advanced controls section where you remap the keyboard keys, misc section, has been renamed to "casting sound". Not sure if this was just a one time glitch, but this change is not present on my other characters. It still functions the same (pressing the key causes environment info to show up), it's just been renamed to "casting sound" for some strange reason.

Mail with items can no longer be deleted : This makes it much harder to mass clear your mailbox if your inventory is full.

Lynn's running animation changed : Lynn's running animation has apparently been changed according to dazedgumball.

End of battle screen now shows AP bonuses from AP/Divine blessing stones : Unfortunately while that bug has been fixed, the AP section is still too small and you have to scroll down to see the full list of AP buffs. Just use a divine blessing stone and look at the end of battle screen afterwards, you will see what I mean.

Low level battles limited to 5 a day : Apparently this is an unintended change according to Ehgess.

S1 dailies now ignore the gold level penalty : At some point devcat/nexon seems to have broken s1 dailies so that the gold level penalty was still being applied even if it was a daily, this appears to be fixed now.

Marketplace listing price limit raised : You can now list items for very high amounts (billions) of gold.
Tabbed

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    On NA backspacing cleared everything in the /w or /m Server any time you cleared what you were typing to someone/about to mega and you made a typo. The fix has corrected that. Don't think they made a mistake there. As I said elsewhere, it's one of my favorite fixes.
    Bladehawk
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    edited January 19, 2017
    Trying to destroy scrolls now shows a nag screen telling me that it's "a valuable item" & am I "sure that I want to destroy it?".

Yeah, a Rank C Pain Enchant Scroll is so incredibly valuable. What was I thinking trying to destroy it ?
    DownIoadZupsero
  • Question2Question2
    edited January 20, 2017
    On NA backspacing cleared everything in the /w or /m Server any time you cleared what you were typing to someone/about to mega and you made a typo. The fix has corrected that. Don't think they made a mistake there. As I said elsewhere, it's one of my favorite fixes.

No, the original whisper system before the UI revamp only cleared the player name, not the text you typed.

Having to backspace every single letter of the player name makes it very time consuming to message multiple people at once.
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    No wonder I keep missing my spears now when I attempt to spear people in raids.

Glad for the whisper change though, I hate having to retype a name when I make a typo on the first letter or change what I want to say.
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    For whispering multiple people you can go through the people you whispered quickly using the up and down arrows in the keyboard.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    edited January 20, 2017
    They changed Lynn's running animation as a ninja update. I noticed it instantly when I was running bingo on her.
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    You might also want to add that now you can't deleted ANY mail messages that contain items including trash items from dungeons.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Honestly the whisper change is actually a very good change. It was annoying when you mistyped the first word of ur whisper and if u backspace it would delete the entire name. Who cares if you gotta manually backspace the whole name? That is hardly something to complain about.

Regarding the AP change, yes it was a downgrade and makes no sense but its not that bad either. Honestly who even just adds 10 ap to a skill and leaves it at that? Most pple will just wanna max out the skill. This was actually a nice streamlined change.
    Bladehawk
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Glad I wasn't the only one to notice the 2ndary aiming change. I agree its brutally annoying, more so with Karok for some reason.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    also i found arisha's resonance now aiming elsewhere as well, may relate to the secondary weapon. Bothers me too much as I used to climb the pillar on Blood Lord Reborn and instantly cast resonance and able to make it before i get knock down the pillar. Now I have to take a 2 sec aim and then cast, can't make it anymore. If this change is confirmed, then i'd say this is a very annoying and unhelpful change.

Maybe @saygo can confirm this?
  • TheMoofTheMoof
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    Question2 wrote: »
    I cannot fathom why they thought this was a bug.

Many, many patches ago, the secondary bug was introduced. Your secondary used to aim where your camera was aiming. However, the bug caused secondaries to sometimes aim straight down at the floor (really inconsistent). This looks like they tried to fix the bug by having you aim at the center-ish wherever you're looking.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Maybe all these bugs will be fixed in the next maintenance. Ehgess did say some of the fixes weren't intended for NA.
  • Question2Question2
    TheMoof wrote: »
    I cannot fathom why they thought this was a bug.

Many, many patches ago, the secondary bug was introduced. Your secondary used to aim where your camera was aiming. However, the bug caused secondaries to sometimes aim straight down at the floor (really inconsistent). This looks like they tried to fix the bug by having you aim at the center-ish wherever you're looking.

Strange, I dont remember this ever happening to me.
  • Question2Question2
    Scarrlettt wrote: »
    Honestly the whisper change is actually a very good change. It was annoying when you mistyped the first word of ur whisper and if u backspace it would delete the entire name. Who cares if you gotta manually backspace the whole name? That is hardly something to complain about.

Regarding the AP change, yes it was a downgrade and makes no sense but its not that bad either. Honestly who even just adds 10 ap to a skill and leaves it at that? Most pple will just wanna max out the skill. This was actually a nice streamlined change.

You are missing the point, the oriignal whisper system wouldnt delete the name if you mistyped the first letter of the whisper. That bug was introduced only after the UI revamp. Trying to manually type multiple player names to message them now takes a lot longer as you have to backspace every letter.

Removing the ability to disable skill videos is not a streamlined change, its a step backwards. The AP window still makes a reference to "video display deactivated" but there is no way to disable it anymore.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300

You are missing the point, the oriignal whisper system wouldnt delete the name if you mistyped the first letter of the whisper. That bug was introduced only after the UI revamp. Trying to manually type multiple player names to message them now takes a lot longer as you have to backspace every letter.

Removing the ability to disable skill videos is not a streamlined change, its a step backwards. The AP window still makes a reference to "video display deactivated" but there is no way to disable it anymore.

The backspacing is hardly an issue. It takes very little time to type out a char name.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    I have zero problems with these changes.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665

You don't have to manually type out each player name since once you've whispered a player once you can press the up or down arrow keys to cycle through people you've whispered recently...
  • Question2Question2
    Okatsu wrote: »

You don't have to manually type out each player name since once you've whispered a player once you can press the up or down arrow keys to cycle through people you've whispered recently...

Not if you are typing out their names manually for the first time. Like if you are trying to message 6+ people to organize raids, etc. Its just an unnecessary change. What was wrong with being able to backspace clear playernames instantly? Literally nobody had any issues with it.
  • Question2Question2
    Rizzle wrote: »
    I have zero problems with these changes.

So you have no issues with your breakoffs being harder to do?
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Another change to the whispers?

If you change characters and someone you were whispering on your previous character whispers back, it will go through to your new character.

Not sure if this was already there cos it's the first time it's happened to me or it could just be a bug, but it was surprising nonetheless.