[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Leveling gear.

GewelliriousGewellirious
Vindictus Rep: 2,945
edited March 30, 2017 in General Discussion
Level appropriate 1-80 equipment sets are now provided as story rewards upon completion of the following storylines:

Gwynn's Revenge -> Gnoll Chieftain weapons (lv 10s) + Scarlet Witch / Crimson Rage (Spider Cloth for Sylas)
Scattered Orders -> Red Metal weapon (Emuloch Staff if Ebie, ~lv 16s)
Fate of Kirstie's Nemesis -> Sweetie Bear / Savage Leather + ? weapons.
Evidence -> Broken Ash / Blood Prince + Ainle weapons. (lv30s)
The Chase -> Rose Drop / War Edge (Pitbull for Sylas ?) + Black Scar weapons. (lv35s)
Fare Thee Well -> Nightmare gear. (armor + weapon)
Test of a True Soldier, No. 3 -> Royal Cadet / Academia + Ivory weaps.
Suspicion -> Hilder Forest sets + Taonus weaps.
Those Who Run, and Those Who Fight -> Titan gear.
The Ones Remaining: The Guardian -> Mhara/Apo + Red Elchu weaps.
A Good Turn -> Pirate/Black Pearl/CBP + Laki weaps.

Anyone welcome to complete the list if they can. I originally posted in the update thread but I think a whole new one will be better.
Order5MochiSweetLoLoBooty

Comments

• TabbedTabbed
    Vindictus Rep: 2,420
    edited January 26, 2017
    Will update this comment if I get more sets.

Evie:
    The Ones Remaining: The Guardian......Equipment: Mhara Set.............................Weapon: Joyous Crook & Light Splitter
    A Good Turn..................................................Equipment: Classic Black Pearl Set......Weapon: Crown Staff & Avian Scythe

Kai:
    A Good Turn..................................................Equipment: Black Pearl Set.....................Weapon: Outlaw & Abyss
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Tabbed wrote: »
    As an Evie, for:
    The Ones Remaining: The Guardian I received the Mhara Set with Joyous Crook (Staff) and Light Splitter (Scythe)
    A Good Turn I received the Classic Black Pearl Set with Crown Staff (Staff) and Avian Scythe (Scythe)

Oh nice really glad to hear we're getting the best set for lv 80. I'll add to the main post, thanks : )
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    nice of them to have had the double expertise event cuz it would suck (even more than before) to level it from now on
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited January 24, 2017
    If it helps, Evie receives:

Scattered Orders -> Emuloch Staff?
    Fate of Kirstie's Nemesis -> Rune Staff? Crimson Blade Scythe? Sweetie Bear set
    Evidence -> Watchtower staff, Crescent Moon scythe, and Broken Ash set (formerly Exquisite until the name change)
    The Chase -> Fine Steel staff, Death Crown scythe, and Rose Drop set
    Test of a True Soldier, No. 3 -> Ivory weapons and Academia (the Black Belly INT equivalent of Royal Cadet)
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Are these bound to character or account?
  • TabbedTabbed
    Vindictus Rep: 2,420
    Are these bound to character or account?
    Nope, not at all.
    These items aren't (Event) or (Permanent) or anything like that.
    They are the same as craftables and can be traded through the marketplace or mailed.
    At least from the items I received that is, gonna guess it's like this for all lvl up story equipment.

• Order5Order5
    Adding on to what Tabbed just said, they count towards equipment substories as well. So you can get about a fifth of the equipment titles for free.
    Order5 wrote: »
    If it helps, Evie receives:

Scattered Orders -> Emuloch Staff?
    Fate of Kirstie's Nemesis -> Rune Staff? Crimson Blade Scythe? Sweetie Bear set
    Evidence -> Watchtower staff, Crescent Moon scythe, and Broken Ash set (formerly Exquisite until the name change)
    The Chase -> Fine Steel staff, Death Crown scythe, and Rose Drop set
    Test of a True Soldier, No. 3 -> Ivory weapons and Academia (the Black Belly INT equivalent of Royal Cadet)

Oh yeah there are those certain weapons/chars that don't have every single tier of gear... like, there are no Staff lv44 f.e. so it's gonna be kind of annoying to explain what you gain at certain lvl. Haven't lvld an Evie since it's my main for years now so it's hard to know what she has. (Red Metal Dagger/Spellsword exists so it's easier, but there are no Red Metal Staff indeed it's the Emuloch one at the same lvl tier.)

But yeah, I can see what kind of gear for lower lvls now. Thanks for the contribution. Guess it needs only lv60 rewards now, I suppose we get Titan gear ? (or Colru)
  • Order5Order5
    But yeah, I can see what kind of gear for lower lvls now. Thanks for the contribution. Guess it needs only lv60 rewards now, I suppose we get Titan gear ? (or Colru)

Titan gear makes sense because "Those Who Run, and Those Who Fight" is the Titan-related story. I got confirmation that Evie gets Rakum Rakish staff, Braided Tassle scythe, and Broken Feather armor which is Titan gear, but judging by the marketplace...I think some characters might get something different.
    Order5 wrote: »
    Titan gear makes sense because "Those Who Run, and Those Who Fight" is the Titan-related story. I got confirmation that Evie gets Rakum Rakish staff, Braided Tassle scythe, and Broken Feather armor which is Titan gear, but judging by the marketplace...I think some characters might get something different.

Sure good point. However, I remember Karok not having Titan gear so I guess only this char has it different, hmm.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    According to a newbie whom i spoke to, he got the broken feather set after completing the titan quest but it was missing a helm for some reason? Can anyone confirm if they are getting titan gear with helm on other characters? He was playing an evie.
    edited January 24, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    According to a newbie whom i spoke to, he got the broken feather set after completing the titan quest but it was missing a helm for some reason? Can anyone confirm if they are getting titan gear with helm on other characters? He was playing an evie.

There is simply no Broken Feather helm, but he probably got the Earrings, did he ? If not, rip. Old Evie sets used to have no helm but earrings accs instead.
  • Order5Order5

There is simply no Broken Feather helm, but he probably got the Earrings, did he ? If not, rip. Old Evie sets used to have no helm but earrings accs instead.

I can confirm that Evie gets the full set and that there is no helm. Temptress and Broken Feather gear have earrings instead.

Gewellirious
    Great ! So Titan gear for everyone but Karok. I suppose Karok has either the Heavy Knight one or the Cuallemeach set.

Any Sylas by the way ? Since he can't wear Rose Drop, I am wondering which set does he get, Pitbull ?
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Are these sets bound or otherwise limited in some way? The free level 80 sets basically make it a pretty silly idea to craft them with seals/mats now. Infact, crafting with mats doesnt make any sense at all given that you get it for free and its a waste of ore.
    edited January 25, 2017
    Are these sets bound or otherwise limited in some way? The free level 80 sets basically make it a pretty silly idea to craft them with seals/mats now. Infact, crafting with mats doesnt make any sense at all given that you get it for free and its a waste of ore.

Nothing is bound, can enhance/enchant/infuse as well. It's simple gear indeed.

Any news about what set Karok gets at lv60 ? And Sylas sets ? (after completing The Chase, etc)
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited February 5, 2017
    Fare thee well gives Nightmare (or Light) armor and Nightmare weapons lvl 44
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited February 5, 2017
    sylas - classic black pearl/light stopper

i wish i didnt do the story for the 80 gear on my alts... this was when season 2 was released and people were hopping on each others boats for exp fuggggg
  • NeritaNerita
    Vindictus Rep: 945
    Arisha gets Ivory Apex from the Titan related storyline
  • SaberAngelSaberAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Hey and anyone know if you get a small shield for fiona's?