[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Guys, I have a life or death question D:

XieXie
Vindictus Rep: 2,115
edited January 17, 2017 in General Discussion
... This is an important and I want you to answer honestly or else I'll die ... from having horrible fashion.

... So ... Red, white, or stay blue? >_>

>>Image Link is here >> http://imgur.com/TCTdaow.jpg
(Forgot that forums can't show images for now)
  1. Should I change to a new color scheme?40 votes
    1. Red and Black
       23% (9 votes)
    2. White and Black
       23% (9 votes)
    3. Stay Blue and Black
       8% (3 votes)
    4. PINK FTWWWWW
       13% (5 votes)
    5. Go nekkid, no worries about colors now! >:D
       35% (14 votes)

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    If it helps, you can add armor parts that has fixed coloring to have a bit of more variety of colors.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    I'll be honest, none of them really stand out that well enough. If I were to choose, I'd say White and Black, but if you found a darker Red I would go with that.

IMO the pants look odd with the wings.
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    My primitive perception of gaming fashion:

- Power ranger colours are perceived as fun and friendly. e.g. Neon red or blue

- Most non-power ranger colours(including dark red, bright red, etc - just not standard colours) are perceived as very fashionable and expressive. e.g. Cherry blossom pink or purple

- Monochrome colours and gold/silver colours are perceived as elite. e.g. White

I personally tend to go for elite(since I want to look "cool?") with a touch of personality to feel unique.
    Xie
  • A_Little_EerieA_Little_Eerie
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Red makes a more complete color scheme.
    Xie
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    Them graphics

Just choose a different pant, raiders pants look good with wings
  • XieXie
    edited January 17, 2017
    @Ikarsu I could but I kind of don't want more colors. I'm not really a colorful type of person, so I'm just aiming for just two colors or something. Thanks for the tip though. xD

@Sekaiiz Hmm.. I guess I'm starting to lean towards black and white too since I have a lot of light colored hair. Plus, it'll match with my spears too. I just want a new color scheme cause I'm getting tired of my black and blue outfit clashing with my wings and I'm too poor to try and get white ones. Lol

Odd looking pants is fine I guess. +best

@TheNewKai N-no more Raider pants. My body can't take it anymore @@; I already used Raider pants for.... three years. I just really wanted a change of scenery. Lol!
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    @Xie Alright, just wanted to throw that out there. *chuckles* usually I can convince peeps with certain pieces of gearing having a fixed "glow" color that can blend well with certain armor sets being dyed with different colorations. Usually I pick two to 4 colors that are my favorite, and find a way to blend them well. As an example, the colors 20 20 116, and 44 159 180 blend well, and it doubles as the color palette for a certain video game character I like to cosplay as.

Basically my favorite 4 are:

20 20 116 (dark blue)

44 159 180 (sky blue)

255 184 186 (hot pink)

140 85 86 (dark red)

I usually like dark colors because if a color's too bright, it can actually strain my eyes and give me a head ache in the process.

Not sure of what your favorites are, but usually it helps with picking a permanent color palette for your armor/avatar gear.

Even the strangest color combinations can blend well... if used right.

Xie
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Why not match the wings and go orange. Black and orange like a tiger. With wings.
    BladehawkXie
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Replace that Lann with a Kai. >:D
    Xie
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    edited January 18, 2017
    Kourin wrote: »
    Why not match the wings and go orange. Black and orange like a tiger. With wings.

Exactly. White would be the best option to match with the wings, mainly because both blue and red DON'T match with the wings. But orange would, and it would look cool with the black.

Edit: HOLY MACARONI, QUOTES ARE FIXED!
    Xie
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    edited January 18, 2017
    Get the Winter metro pants to show the undies and the booty.
    Well, if you are willing to fish out for nx. Otherwise, just go nekkid. :D
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    All those colors are common, I mean red does look good though.

If you want to be unique you could always go with Puke green. or Goat turd yellow.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited January 18, 2017
    JamesGross wrote: »
    All those colors are common, I mean red does look good though.

If you want to be unique you could always go with Puke green. or Goat turd yellow.

Goat... Turd... Yellow...
    I'm dying lol

White looks the best because like others said the red and blue don't go with the wings. I would not do orange.
    Xie
  • XieXie
    EnigmaTaro wrote: »
    Replace that Lann with a Kai. >:D

I see you misspelled Lann with Kai :3
    Suukei wrote: »
    Get the Winter metro pants to show the undies and the booty.
    Well, if you are willing to fish out for nx. Otherwise, just go nekkid. :D

... you've got me at "showing undies and booty"...
    but rip, they've stopped selling it, I was gonna check it out. xD
    G-guess I'll just go nekkid

Alright, thank you for the comments/votes guys. xD

After waiting 24 hours and waiting for the votes to collect up ...
    looks like... I'm going nekkid!!! YEAH! Clothes are for the weak! XD
    ecqYc2C.jpg

Nope, just kidding, I'm weak.
    Here are my new colors. At least, my colors doesn't clash anymore xD

crYj0oa.jpg

... though you may still catch me nekkid every once in a while when I'm too lazy for clothes +drunk
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited January 18, 2017
    I didn't catch this thread until now, but I think the new look is good, and I think you did well with the colors.

For people who aren't good at tackling colors, one way is to attack it from a material perspective (separate cloth, leather, plate, etc.) and use two dull colors plus two vibrant colors.

EDIT:
    FINE you grammar heretics, "did well" versus "did good".
    Xie
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    edited January 18, 2017
    Well, that's too bad. Maybe they'll resale again.
    Though, I'm loving the new look for your lann.
    Xie
  • XieXie
    edited January 18, 2017
    Order5 wrote: »
    I didn't catch this thread until now, but I think the new look is good, and I think you did well with the colors.

For people who aren't good at tackling colors, one way is to attack it from a material perspective (separate cloth, leather, plate, etc.) and use two dull colors plus two vibrant colors.

EDIT:
    FINE you grammar heretics, "did well" versus "did good".

Haha ... I honestly can't really tell the difference between did well and did good. They both sound about the same to me. xD

Glad that you like it! And I guess that's one way to dye armor, based on by the materials. I think it may distribute the colors more evenly if I follow that method. Maybe, dye the knee plate white, the belt red, and the cloth black, and it'll look better. But I'm a huuuge fan of black so black on almost everything it is with random colors here and there to make it more interesting. xD

Suukei wrote: »
    Well, that's too bad. Maybe they'll resale again.
    Though, I'm loving the new look for your lann.

Thank you! Yeah, maybe they'll resell it one day. Or maybe they could try and come up with more skinny jeans designs, that would be cool too. +fight