[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

My idea to revitalize Vindictus, please share ur

Comments

• A_Little_EerieA_Little_Eerie
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Season 1 Revamp with maps akin to S3. I really like the sense of larger location that s3 brings as opposed to the random rooms of s1 or the intimidating map of s2 (which are still cool but become less attractive your 50th run). I don't care if it's recycled content. Hell, don't even change the bosses (Chieftan <3). Just make that early game visually interesting again. Maybe shove some chests in the maps like we have in s2. People like chests. I guarantee you players will be happy to make new characters to revisit revamped old content. And there is a lot of it. Season 1 is huge after all.

From there, agressive promotion of the revamp. Promoting the new stuff is fine and dandy, but only vets really understand the hype of the upcoming raid, new weapon, or new character. The advertisement for these things are important, but new players jump in and suddenly it's the same YouTube video talking about repetitive maps.

Granted, this doesn't address bridging the gap between new and old players. Not sure what to do there. It's always fun to play with other people but strangers are . . . Strangers. Maybe an invite event where you get some cute rewards for bringing in friends? That's all I got but it does it's job when you have engaging early game content.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited January 17, 2017
    two suggestions:
    1. revamp pvp, as an action game of this kind, pvp should be a huge deal and also attractive. The only pvp we get are duels and two battlegrounds where people go out the door and directly run into another player. the battlegrounds are small and there's nothing interesting about pvp in this game. However if they want to make pvp right, they will have to start thinking about balance the classes, damages, skills and potentially gears (not through enhancement, but through pvp rewards), and also how to balance pve vs pvp and make each gear desirable. for example, pvp artifact usable in pve is a good start but end up just making people trade seals...Currently i don't think nexon has the team to do this at all. It will be easier for them to remain and then squeeze the last penny out of the current small player base before everyone go away.
    2. old contents are old contents, no need to revamp them or make them usable again. maybe make them drop outfit or fuse-able items for better looking so people may want to grind them again. but given this game type (infinite dungeon after dungeon style), running into repetitiveness will always be a problem, but i've played for a long time on and off and with so much contents to grind in s3, i don't feel too repetitive. I believe NEXON YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON HOW TO MAKE THE GAME MORE ENJOYABLE, that means FIX THE ROYAL ARMY RAID LAG, FIX THE LOW FPS ISSUES, FIX ALL THE GOD DAMN BUGS AND GLITCHES.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    I quit since Regina but I recently came back. I found Ein Lacher to be one of the more challenging and enjoyable parts of the recent updates. That being said, there are a few things that I believe are hindering Vindi's appeal:

-Progression:

While Seals of Bravery are a step in the right direction in providing slow/long term progression, raids don't provide any agency when said character is already geared through seals. It feels especially bad to spend a good amount of time raiding, only to be met with a handful of seals, pocket change, AP on a capped character. If you want to provide your players with incentive to raid, at least give them something worthwhile for that time invested, rather than a chance item.

However, at the same time, you could argue that this is one of Vindi's appeal. It feels amazing to raid and get something worthwhile out of it from an RNG drop. One of the best feelings back in the days was getting a blue tear from Elchulus. Vindi is also great in this aspect, allowing a player to become filthy rich after a lucky drop and gearing their character. Compare this to more recent mmo's such as Blade & Soul, which is the epitome of slow and steady progression. If anything, I'm asking for a middle ground between these two extremes. Having RNG drops are unpredictable and exciting, but at the same time I don't want to feel like I wasted my entire day raiding and getting nothing out of it. IMO, adding enchant scrolls to the Seal of Bravery shop would definitely provide more incentive for people raiding.

-Raid Incentives and gearing:

The start of S3 was amazing, especially with the accessibility of new lvl 90 weapons from Regina. However, I lost my incentive to continue with the game afterwards. This was mostly because there was no new gear that the new raids (Braha/Glas/Lugh) provided. At least with S1/S2, new bosses would have given new gear that was a side upgrade , but even then wasn't a huge incentive to raid. I found gear effects to be a step in the right direction. Neamhain is a basic example of this, giving permanent effects (such as atk breakthrough) for running the raid 100 times. I found Blade & Soul to make the aspect of gearing very interesting with each new raid, giving new skills/effects in addition to the basic stats. Effects such as "Allowing Scythe Evie to stack Bloody Thread twice" or a % proc buff can allow for diverse gearing and allows you to strengthen your characters in more ways than the Big 4 (Atk, Speed, Bal, Crit).

TL;DR:
    -Give some small progression (such as enchant scrolls for bravery seals) while raiding so it doesn't feel like a waste of time.
    -Diversify gearing in a way that provides incentives for new raids, not just the same Atk/Speed/Bal/Crit.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    The game itself is very good and replayability is high with many characters of different play styles. Could use work here and there but I feel the two strongest factors are this;

- Advertising
    - The community

Advertising because this game is literally in the dark and never promoted on steam, players have to find this game.

The community because elitists and toxic will only attract the same of their kind. Toxic want to make new players have less than enjoyable experiences and elitists don't want to mingle with plebs.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    edited January 17, 2017
    DownIoad
    DownIoad said:

The game itself is very good and replayability is high with many characters of different play styles. Could use work here and there but I feel the two strongest factors are this;

- Advertising
    - The community

Advertising because this game is literally in the dark and never promoted on steam, players have to find this game.

The community because elitists and toxic will only attract the same of their kind. Toxic want to make new players have less than enjoyable experiences and elitists don't want to mingle with plebs.
    i have to disagree with second point. How can you see the community is toxic while people literally carry each other every day, i'm a stable host with full s3 raids everyday, and on top of that nifl train twice a day. I never kick anyone out of raids because of their gear, or has anyone complained other than afk or die intentionally. The only problem I see I become toxic is when I try to carry people through niflheim. This is a completely different story with death are more unforgivable and battles are more tricky. I see countless of newbies come into the battle with event gears (some don't even have event gears), know NOTHING about the fights, do less than 5% damage, max their deaths and expect to be carried through the fight. This is something actually I think Nexon needs to change because even in this case, I'm mostly friendly and the only time i got furious was I see 3Xskulls on the floor and I do 80% damage by myself in a BLR run. This is why i start to find stable friends to run nifl with, newbies with wrong attitude.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    @bladexangel

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I'm not saying elitists are toxic. I simply meant elitist stick together.
    Davided
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    DownIoad wrote: »
    @bladexangel<br />
    <br />
    I think you misunderstood what I meant. I'm not saying elitists are toxic. I simply meant elitist stick together.

that's not true either, maybe i was not lucky enough to see "elitist" but I do see plenty very well geared (+13 and above) and well skilled players (no death entire run) every raid i hosted. But of course also half raid of less geared or less skilled. Either way, normal raids are way too easy.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    A lot of the suggestions are pretty unreasonable, I doubt we're going to get any new advertising from Nexon themselves, it just isn't worth it.

The best you could do is try and meme this game's way onto the from page of Reddit or something, that's the best you're going to get as far as advertising.
  • TetsuyaTetsuya
    Vindictus Rep: 645
    I find it quite disheartening how many of my fellow players have lost hope in a sense, and all we're getting is boxes and unimportant stuff if the game doesn't start healing, none of the updates or outfits and such from the update tomorrow will solve the issue because at this rate, no one will even be doing the stuff they release and think will fix it. Even though times are tough and it look bleak, but if we the players who still play also lose hope on it getting better why would the devs care to fix it? If we keep at it and our ideas become big enough they'll have no choice but to start listening and start creating better solutions then throwing content at people to try and get some more money.

A majority always win, look at everything in the world.
  • PowManPowMan
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    edited January 17, 2017
    Game has many borrowed ideas from

1). Dynasty warriors
    2). God of Wars (cestus karok is a straight copy paste of the zeus gauntlet)
    3). Falcom's YS series

Probably better off staying as a single player game with co-op features. Making it MMORPG is difficult and this is where we end up right now.

There is no easy fix imho. For one, I actually like Nemain and Dullahan boss patterns as they remind me heavily of S1 Rocheste raids, but I dislike the new gear ladders. I guess there aren't that many ways to make $$$ without making gear ladders these days, as I have a strong feel that enhancement and enchant runes are the main source of income for this game unfortunately.