[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Best methods for farming/making gold in 2017?

Angel116Angel116
Vindictus Rep: 1,170
edited January 17, 2017 in General Discussion
I'm wondering what people do for gold basically. Because these days, gold is just hard to come by.

My daily routine includes(with VIP, Luck item):
Hero Succubus
Muir
Some raiding

After those I would usually farm specific scrolls(Fast, Enthu), Season 3 maps. I would farm these with friends for HOURS usually. When Royal Army raids are being mega'd, I would join those also. I basically mix these up so it won't get boring but I mainly do scroll farming because season 3 can get irritating. I probably went through atleast 50 runs of season 3 at one point before my party of 3-4 got our first orange drop.

*****Main point is that I wanna add even more variation to what I already do so I'm interested in what people are doing for gold these days.*****

I'm in WEST server if that even matters. Also I apologize if there are any similar threads that were made.

Comments

• MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited January 17, 2017
    RA is pointless for making gold, like 1 of half dozen attemps will drop a lvl 80 bottle, and you will have to bless rngesus that bottle is yours with 6.25% chance (1/16). So it's like roughly 1% chance. Drop rate really have to increase, at least 100% guaranteed a lvl 80 bottle.

S3 dungeons for oj is worthless as well, thanks to the NA seal shop, now chance for a tradeable oj shard is very low, most of the time you have to boom something, or open rng boxes.

I mostly come back to s2 dungeons for es at the moment, along with some s3 dailys for materials, and doing raids.

Voldaire
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Scroll Farming. Most popular are Valor in Fruitful and Fast in Give a Beggar a Coin.

Orb farming in the first room of Twilight Desert is easy enough.

I don't actively farm for stuff though, just do a bit here and there whenever it's convenient for me. Maybe I've been spoiled after getting lucky but it's not worth it to me to spam s3 dungeons over and over for 5 or 6 Heavenly/Godly mats per run.

It's go big or go home for me, as the only thing I "farm" is Ship Graveyard. Thunder Rings, The Deads, and ODM/CMAs are amazing to drop.
  • Angel116Angel116
    @MochiSweet

Mmm tbh the main point of me doing royal army was so I didn't get too bored but I kinda agree on what you're saying. They really should increase the drop rate for those bottles. Maybe not 100% guaranteed bottle for everyone but maybe have ATLEAST 1 guaranteed to drop for someone in the raid unless this is what you meant. Idk.

Yeah at this point I agree that S3 maps are pretty pointless for orange drops. I mainly do these just for the materials while orange drops are just a bonus drop to me.

For S2 do you mean like SG for The Dead ES or Misty/Moonlight for Subdued? And how worth it is it to do those maps atm? I haven't done them in a while cause I always thought they took too long for the amount of cores that I get.
  • Angel116Angel116
    Kourin
    Kourin said:

Scroll Farming. Most popular are Valor in Fruitful and Fast in Give a Beggar a Coin.

Orb farming in the first room of Twilight Desert is easy enough.

I don't actively farm for stuff though, just do a bit here and there whenever it's convenient for me. Maybe I've been spoiled after getting lucky but it's not worth it to me to spam s3 dungeons over and over for 5 or 6 Heavenly/Godly mats per run.

It's go big or go home for me, as the only thing I "farm" is Ship Graveyard. Thunder Rings, The Deads, and ODM/CMAs are amazing to drop.
    Oh god Orb farming. That type of farming would make me tear my hair out. xD I never last for more than 3 runs.

• GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    I sometimes farm Muir for paradise stones myself. And by that I mean I'll run it on multiple characters. I don't know if this is the most efficient way to get them though. My Fiona and Vella both have moves that can skip the balance minigame so they're the characters I do it the most regularly on. Wondering if anyone knows a better place to get them.
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    The only other place Ive seen paradise stones drop were off of the wood elf bosses etc (s3 bosses/mini bosses) so Muir still might be the best place.

Godly iron ore farming can be decent sometimes until someone lists a wall of them (a bunch of stacks at a time on the market). Everyone then has to undercut him because hes putting up more than whats going to sell, he relists the 8-9 stacks that didnt sell the next day at a lower price and this keeps going on till the price bottoms out. Once the price climbs back over time this whole process repeats.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Godly Cloth and Heavenly Leathers are my main source of income.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    God Cloth, Heaven Leather, Paradise stones (Hexad drops this pretty frequently), Rank B damage stones, R7 scrolls, Orbs, Para Orbs, God ores, blessed magic elixirs, element stone, intermediate element stone. Essentially these items are in high demand and could net you big bucks if you sell in stacks, esp with blessed magic elixirs (40-70M), element stones (200-300M), and intermediate element stones (400-600M). Intermediate is the most difficult to make, unless you find a way to get easy lambent powder since farming averages relies on RNG from fighting Vehemence dropping skirt, hands, and shoes that either drop a catalyst, or average lambent when dismantled.
    BladehawkAngel116
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited January 17, 2017
    @Angel116: yes, i feel the rate of those scroll is same as s3 oj now but more worthy, but it only worth to farm if you can run it with a full party, i forgot to say that. Because I have a friend who has multiple accounts so I can farm s2. SG is the best s2 now imo since you can farm rings, dead es (40m+) or stoneshell red eyes (300-400k). MP/MS for subdued (50-70m), some random r8 r9 and exq ores, which is 100k+ on west last time I check, but it takes time.
    If you can't afford multiple accounts for s2, s3 is more viable. Two moons is fine as well. However you have to farm alot for selling those in stacks, like Ikarsu said. Can't expect big income in few runs because of rng like s2.

Angel116
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    Ship Graveyard is probably the best farming for the average mid-geared player at this time. Most people are at least 19-21k attack and 10-12k def now. Better geared players can do ship grave solo in 25-30minutes or less. With a party, 20 minute runs are the norm.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Everyone: Farm this item and sell the item for gold.

But no one seems to be able to explain where the gold itself is coming from.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Cessa
    Cessa said:

But the gold comes from selling...?
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    edited January 17, 2017
    DownIoad
    DownIoad said:

Cessa
    Cessa said:

But the gold comes from selling...?
    -----

I think he's saying that in order to sell something you've farmed, you need someone to buy it. In order for someone to buy it, they need gold. How did they get their gold? By farming something that someone else bought? Where did that third person get their gold?

An interesting question. Part of the answer is definitely "gold sellers". But it doesn't really matter; gold doesn't grow on trees, and only a very small amount is generated from "thin air" in the form of battle/story rewards/vendors. We're far past the point in Vindictus that our crazy inflation can disappear.

• DownIoadDownIoad
    edited January 17, 2017
    Inception? Gold comes from many places, some people just buy it with real money but I would say most of it comes from p2p transactions via the mp.

Yes I understand this is not gold being generated its gold being depleted from the game.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    To get back on topic, keep in mind anytime to see a thread like this pop up people will jump on the suggestions. So when someone posts that farming orbs is the best you will likely have more people farming orbs and the value tanks.

I guess what I'm saying is to make good money you need to find out what sells for YOU and keep it to yourself.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    I don't know what happened but it's so hard to make gold now, for a long time i've had to rely on stupid gachas to bring me gold. I've gotten lucky and got a few spendy items w/o spending too much on boxes. Other than that RNG sucks so bad if its not boxes i have to sell some gear.

Super frustrated about it, i miss when i was able to spam bce and get a ton of oranges but ever since they changed it it's become totally pointless to run, especially now with prices being so low. Another reason why its so hard to make money, everythings dropped in price.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited January 17, 2017
    you get 2k-30k gold per dungeon completion, from story rewards, and npcing/incinerating drops. that's gold that the game is creating out of nothing. to counteract the potential inflation due to this, the game has repair costs, enhance costs, consumables bought from npc, gold sink events, etc. one way to increase gold gain is to minimize the costs of farming.

"Another reason why its so hard to make money, everythings dropped in price."
    but you can buy more with the gold you have, so it evens out unless you hoard gold just so you can see a big number
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    The main issue with gold buying is because it's illegal mainly. It comes from a third party that is violating the TOS from selling in game cash, in exchange for real USD. It's also the "primary" source of gold generating since peeps are "too lazy" to farm it themselves, not realizing what they are getting themselves into.

There is a way to generate gold in Deep corruption by kicking your way to victory (newest KR gold generating method) with a bow kai or longsword fiona.

10 runs will gross you 993,000 gold, and your net is the total repair cost in those 10 runs.

Be aware that it takes 11 runs to break a 100/100 dura gear, so keep that in mind. Kick killing 7 enemies there bags you a whopping 34,000 gold, which is in fact, hilarious.

You also get a bit more in group runs as opposed to a solo run, which eventually caps at 109,000 gold per run so long as the party doesn't break apart for whatever reason.

I've done extensive testing with Blackstoryz, and doing 7 runs will reach the net gold cap, and the other runs throughout remain stagnant.

Doing 22 runs with this gold cap, at 2 repair sessions, will gross you a whopping 2,398,000 gold. Your net is calculated as the total repair costs of the 22 runs done in Deep corruption. This is only the gold generation alone as Mad Morbus can also drop orange stable shards, and the usual s3 mats like all other s3 regular bosses drop.

This is the most consistent way for players to generate gold in the game now without having to worry about repair costs getting in the way of profiting gold.
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    I have a habit of hoarding gold, because I love gold! The sight of it, the smell of it, the taste of it... I even named my Gold Chieftain "Gold"...
    BloodAngelGhengisJohn
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    For me I find farming S3 raid is the best method, since it now drops ES along with the orange drops. I am sure there are some people who complains about every little thing will tell you 3-5 mil is not worth their time. But guess what? I have accumulated over 700mil on my alt just running raids this past year.