[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lonesome

hi5joshhi5josh
Vindictus Rep: 2,010
in General Discussion
I feel so lonesome in game, and I've felt this way for so long. Anyone share similar feelings? How do you alleviate the lonesomeness? I've had so many friends come and go over the past 6 years, mostly from boredom or interest in other games, many of which never returned. I tried reaching out to familiar names of veterans that I've seen for many years, but either they are hardcore (treating the game like a lifestyle/job) or just not friendly. I know thats far from being everyone, I suppose I just have bad luck and am unfortunately exposed to unnecessary drama often. Some people love being solo and I understand that, and I've gone for long periods of time like that. But for me at least, the most enjoyable times of this game was shared with friends. I must be one of the few people that enjoys farming for long periods of time. The problem is I find it hard to keep myself motivated with the small amount of rare items that are farmable or currently expensive. It seems like lots of dedication for little reward. What are your guys' thoughts?
SanuienTetsuyaXie
  1. Do you feel lonesome?33 votes
    1. Yes, I could use more friends...
       82% (27 votes)
    2. No, I'm the popular kid!
       18% (6 votes)

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Not lonely, just bored. Ironically enough, as much as I love farming, the rarity of some drops make it a hassle to stay motivated or determined depending on where you put it at. Before I can do about 25-30 runs non stop, but now I can't go any further than 5 runs without getting burned out. I don't know what really happened to cause a burn out in the first place.
    hi5joshLoLoBootyVoldaireXie
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    I feel exactly the same way, but I'm still feeling lonesome. I feel as if there was more inspiration to farm, it would alleviate my lonelyness.
    Xie
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Been using other apps to connect with ingame players. Not a fan to even turn on my game to bake my dying laptop anymore.
  • CaesarSaladNum1CaesarSaladNum1
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    edited January 16, 2017
    I feel lonesome in general as no one barely plays anything low level or below 80. I returned about 5 days ago after 4 years but the game's a bit empty for any 1 below level 80 (includes me). Makes me not want to play it and stash it away again lol. I'm not particularly saying anything about the player base (as it's always been small) but just no low level stuff from people anymore. Games like these with small player base tend to only thrive in late game content. A bit disheartening to newcomers and players who're coming back after who knows how long.
    Xie
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Low level me, I barely see anyone.

High level me, I talk to a bunch of people. Maybe I've had good luck or I'm just good at choosing people, but the ones I make an effort with generally reciprocate the friendliness. Met a fellow player one night, we talked for like 4 or 5 hours in town and ended up exchanging Skype names. And then there's all the other player of a similar level on my friend list who play daily who I mess around with by sending troll whispers.

Of course there's probably a larger amount of people who no longer play on my friend list. And there's only 3 people who even log on anymore in my guild which used to be full of good friends. But eh, it's better to focus on the ones who do still play and I'm definitely not alone in my situation so it's all good.

The players I know are generally willing to help guide lower level players and answer their questions too, some even help to go through dungeons. I try to make the effort every now and then as well, but it certainly doesn't help when everyone's crying "ded game" in megaphones and creating Dying Game threads. Scares away all the new players from a game that's still far from dying.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    @CesarSaladNum1 It's because everyone rushes to get to level 90 as fast as possible so they can get into the end game. Problem lies there is the lack of balance between EXP and AP, which is a huge determinant for good damage at that respective level, along with having general elitism kicking low end 90s from parties because they don't have the respective gear to even get into it... Catch 22 there since you need the primes from raids to even get the armor in the first place. The high end 90s always comes up with excuses to not carry other players to victory, thus keeping the market stable in the long run.
    Voldaire
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited January 16, 2017
    how come i never run into this famous elitism on my alts with +8 purple weapon and unenchanted armor and event accessories?

not since s3 anyway
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    The general community is a lot more friendly now than it used to be with the players that chose to go down with the ship. In s2 raids back in the day, you would see attack boats left and right, and wonder how they got out dps'd by a 14K kai when they had 18k attack rating. It's hilarious because without the balance of the other two stats, balance and critical, attack rating is just a joke. This whole dps race thing is a complete joke. I'm still laughing about it considering I STILL see attack boats to this day, even on event dungeons where you don't need attack rating to complete it because the mobs can't take damage from the player. *slowly clapping hands* Plus, I still see them, It's just not as common as it used to be.
  • YurehaYureha
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    Where is the I want to be a loner option.

Honestly I feel safer not being too close to anyone in game, It doesn't matter which friend group you choose there's bound to be unnecessary drama the longer you stick around.

I'll be happy to make your acquaintance, but expect me to flee when problems arises.
    MochiSweetDownIoad
  • TetsuyaTetsuya
    Vindictus Rep: 645
    Yureha, you and I have the same way of doing things, sometimes I just quit the game for a month or so and then come back and things are good.
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    I do, I love making new friends but the making part is what I struggle with, just don't have a way to put myself out there +sweat
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited January 16, 2017
    I'm happy farming for long periods of time to, but not when I have to lag while doing it. All I can farm now is orbs and ore from Twilight Desert, any mobs will wreck me without my armor. I'd definitely do more stuff even if there is no reward at all if the game were still enjoyable. In fact most of the time I try doing silly things like helping someone get negative BAL or reaching the highest ATS possible.
  • SylariusSylarius
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    OP, obvious advice is obvious but you could try joining a friendly guild. I'm sure you know of that already.

As for motivation for farming, I personally can't see the merit to it when the time:reward ratio is so skewed, comparing real world time working & buying gachas to ingame time spent farming. Though if other people are willing to spend their time farming, then by all means feel free. Typically I only play for fun or to b/o Kraken's eyes nowadays...

No MMO is fun played solo, my scrub friend used to always say if he wanted to be solo he would play Monster Hunter instead. And even that has co-op. Talk to people in pugs, ch1, discord are some other ways you could meet people.

• MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited January 17, 2017
    Yureha
    Yureha said:

Where is the I want to be a loner option.

Honestly I feel safer not being too close to anyone in game, It doesn't matter which friend group you choose there's bound to be unnecessary drama the longer you stick around.

I'll be happy to make your acquaintance, but expect me to flee when problems arises.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who think like that.
  • Angel116Angel116
    Vindictus Rep: 1,170
    These days the only people I come in contact with are people whom I've already known/played with for a long time and when I'm buying/selling things through mega lolol. I literally only have like two of those friends left.

I'd REALLY want more friends in-game but tbh that's nearly impossible for me since I do literally do everything private boat with the only two closest friends I have right now so we don't really meet new people.

It's literally this if you try to make new friends: http://24.media.tumblr.com/393f9fb28ad258901b2becec3b2221b9/tumblr_mfibd3ZxTT1ry10fwo1_500.gif

or this if you try to fit in another group of friends: http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/d9.gif

• BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    I've noticed a lot less people are running Rocheste raids lately, but my old guild came back and runs them with me now, so I don't really care.

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Bowtacojr
    Bowtacojr said:

I've noticed a lot less people are running Rocheste raids lately, but my old guild came back and runs them with me now, so I don't really care.

Why run it in a group when you can essentially solo it in less than 5 minutes?
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    @Ikarsu
    Why run it in a group when you can essentially solo it in less than 5 minutes?
    -----------

Having friends to do things with is fun, otherwise known as, the whole point of this thread.

XieBladehawkEnigmaTaro
  • boddoleboddole
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    Maybe I'm alone on this one - but something that does limit me from taking more people on my friends list is that while knowing what they are running is sometimes quite useful, at some point I just get tired of being spammed by 'friend updates' constantly...