[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Winter 2017 Memorial Wall

Order5Order5
Vindictus Rep: 5,900
edited January 10, 2017 in General Discussion
The Special Golden Winter Attendance event has just awarded a +8-10 Enhancement Coupon and 5 Goibhniu's Enhancement Stones to each account. The tools to challenge RNGesus have been provided! Let us remember the brave arms and armor that have braved the fiery inferno of Ferghus' forge!

If it has "veteran" it means the item had already died once before this event.

KIA | +10 Leopard's Bloodlust Champion Glaive (veteran)
KIA | +11 Champion Glaive (began +8)
KIA | +12 Champion Glaive (began clean)
KIA | +14 Bloodlust Champion Glaive (veteran)
AndromedaGMDusean17Sylarius

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Saving for lv 95 items, so nothing to post for now ;-)
    MochiSweet
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    +10 Terminus Sentinal Twin Swords boomed with the coupon and 1 gooby (rip friend you will never see +15) D; Was not a veteran these will be my new babies while I "experiment" with my other +10 term ts xD
    AndromedaGM
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    +11 3* Immoral Braha bow RIP
    +12 3* L/BL Braha Bastard Sword RIP

Gonna res 'em up and boom 'em again if they don't make it up at least one more level.

And saving the goobies for 95 weaps? Eff dat. Live for today. With all the new MMOs coming, Vindi will be but a rarely-touched plaything mixed in with all the other fodder in six months time.
    BLUESTEEL
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Prototypemind imo it's not worth it MMO hopping unless you do it with a group of friends because that would obviously make it more enjoyable. How much time and effort it takes to be good/relevant with a character in this genre is kind of ridiculous which is why I normally stay put with the MMO of my choice for a couple years.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited January 10, 2017
    Prototypemind

And saving the goobies for 95 weaps? Eff dat. Live for today. With all the new MMOs coming, Vindi will be but a rarely-touched plaything mixed in with all the other fodder in six months time.
    Meh not like it makes sense for me to try for another +14/15, and gearing alts just for it to be used once in a blue moon makes no sense to me.

Everyone says new games will come out that will win me over from this game. Six years later still haven't found one. (And I don't see much to entice me, only thing I am really enjoying are VR games. But those are short.)
    Eh, must be nice to be having to try for another +14/15 on a character that you like +haha

MMOs just aren't worth massive investments of time or money to me anymore. Playing sports, I get better at them and healthier. Going to the gym, I get stronger and healthier. Working & studying new things I learn and get better at what I do. Spending time with friends I build those relationships. Traveling and getting to meet new people I get to have new experiences.

I've played SWTOR, GW2, Vindi, Blade & Soul, and tried dabbling in BDO. I've learned from all of them that the devs, publishers, and community managers will string you along and tell you what you want to hear to keep you playing. I let myself forget that first and foremost they're businesses, and that none of them seem to be run by people whose priority is pleasing their customers, only separating them from their money as quickly as possible. $60 for major titles and the content they bring for however long they bring it seems the better way to go for me going forward. I didn't always like the changes made there, but at least I always felt I got my money's worth and I didn't have to worry about getting played again and again and again.

It's not about anything winning me away from Vindi, it's about Vindi and every other MMO that I've played in the last few years making me realize they aren't worth the time unless I've just got time to kill for a bit. I'd rather go super casual and hop around as the mood strikes, playing new content then moving on for a while. I've honestly spent most of my hours lately just helping random lowbies because I was bored of raiding. Blowing up weaps with the Goib stones simply reminded me that even when Vindi gives you a "leg up" the odds are still ever against you, the same as all the rest of the AAA titles out at the moment with little exception. Heck, I haven't even tried Abomination yet because it appears to be yet another glitchy DPS-check with 1000 ways to die and not much fun to be had. Haven't tried Einlacher or the Tower of Power either. I'm tired of a game that offers nothing but combat. We don't even get good cut scenes to keep the story flowing anymore. The thought of dragging all of my 90s through that again and again just makes me want to uninstall Vindi.

TLDR: real life offers enough randomness and punishment while still providing far more enjoyable experiences than MMOs. Tired of giving time and money to these RNG-fests that change at the drop of a hat. Casual is the name of the game.

*goes to my happy place*
    BLUESTEEL
  • Order5Order5
    I realize that anything goes as far as comments blow, but please...let us not forget that this thread is a place for remembering and honoring our brave items. A Weeping Focus to each of thee.
    AndromedaGMSylarius
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Vindictus Rep: 16,875
    I took the coupon for get +10 Terminus Hammer .

I Hope for rises to +11 -15 and if it breaks , np I'll stick with my main weapon, greetings suwaya & GL :)
  • RenkotsuRenkotsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Lol everyone talking about +10 coupon meanwhile i still haven't got all the rose equip , i probably wont get all the stuff just because i missed a day.
    Sylphide
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    If you only missed one day @Renkotsu it won't kill you any. two or three on the other hand will cause you to miss the EX enchant rune and whatever that Rare scroll is that reduces the cost of restoration via AP.
    Renkotsu
  • RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    Got a +10 coupon...applied to a 4* lvl 90 staff
    Enhanced with goobies stones....staff poof at +12
    revived and made it to +13...decided to keep for now....
    i think pretty slick for a staff that made with seals and lubber

yeah, i wont be keeping those stones or coupons for future...play for today :3
    i mean, i am still using lvl 70 +15 staff
  • TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    Got a +10 coupon for a bastard sword, double boomed trying for +11. Got feather back, made another sword, boomed once, restored, got to +11. Made another sword, got to +8 and failed +9, got feather back, made another sword, failed +6 six or so times and decided to give up.
  • HeavenBlueHeavenBlue
    Vindictus Rep: 660
    edited January 11, 2017
    On Fiona:
    +10 Regina LS - double boom
    +10 Regina LS - double boom

On Lann:
    +12 Terminus TS - boomed once
    +12 Terminus TS - boomed once
    +13 Terminus TS - boomed once
    +12 Terminus TS - full bind

On Vella:
    +12 Braha TS - full bind

Yolo all from +10 and some are transferred from the mule accounts

• MonohaMonoha
    Vindictus Rep: 1,485
    edited January 11, 2017
    Got a +9 Coupon on Sylas, +10'd a Regina GS it on the Sylas. +11 on my Hurk. Boomed at trying +12. Restore and went from +11 to +15. FeelsGoodman.
    Got the +15 part on tape.

• TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    @Monoha That first cancel juked my butt. That 2nd cancel juked me again even though I knew better.
  • MonohaMonoha
    Vindictus Rep: 1,485
    edited January 11, 2017
    Tariro
    Tariro said:

@Monoha That first cancel juked my butt. That 2nd cancel juked me again even though I knew better.
    --------------
    HueHue it was gonna be a backup GS at +14. I said to hell with it and went for it, worked out great.

Oh the jukes hue.
    @Lavonne

It has nothing to do with saying I'm better than anyone. It has to do with saying that pursuits that offer no real return aren't worth the dollars, time, and stress. A game is supposed to be a fun escape from reality, and these Eastern grinders and Western releases that mimic them aren't that. If you wish to read it that way that's your choice, but I wasn't insulting anyone. I literally never direct an insult at anyone else and wasn't implying them either; people are free to do absolutely anything that they choose to with their own time. Best wishes to you, though.
  • Order5Order5
    HALP! Somebody close my thread before someone else tries to personalize it!
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    edited January 12, 2017
    Got a +9 coupon and made a Braha GS +10. Gobble stones made it +12 before it boomed trying to go +13.

Then I went ahead and used the remaining Gobble stones on my 4* +11 Righteous Valor Lugh GS. It boomed first try.

rip +11 Righteous Valor Lugh GS. You were used well for the 3 months or so that I had you for.

Then I went and had more fun on Arisha, yoloing her 3* Regina Spellsword up to +12. Trying to sell it now cos I'm too coward to try +13. Plus I'm broke.
    edited January 16, 2017
    Couldn't wait for the scroll tomorrow so I just paid the full restore cost. Rez'd bow and made it +11->+12. Rez'd Bastard Sword and made it +12->+13. I can live with that, though being able to sell both later would have been nice.

The itch got me. Yolo'd the Bastard Sword to 15.