[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

MHCN: Public Enhancement Anvil

DisgardDisgard
Vindictus Rep: 1,695
edited October 26, 2016 in Future Content
On 28th September, TianCheng, the publisher of chinese version of Mabinogi Heroes, has released the Public Enhancement system, which allows people who have weapons +10 or higher, enhance them with higher chances of success.

For now, this feature is an exclusive to Chinese version of a game (even KR doesn't have this one). Bear this in mind.

To use Public Enhancement, you need to be over Lv 50 and have a weapon with +10 enhancement or higher.
First, you create a room.

And this is the pre-process of enhancement. The word "Public" means that along with you, there will be at least 99 more people looking at you, cheering you up, donating gold (enhancer can also donate himself), which enhancer can use to raise his enhancement success rate.

The numbers in the upper left mean the amount of people in the room and the amount of cheers sent. There is also a separate chat for talking and cheering up. It also shows, whether enhancer will continue to enhance or not.
The gauge above shows the success rate increase. There are 5 stages of success rate in there. You need about 9-13 million gold to actually max this up.

When enhancer enhances the equipment, there will be a 30-second waiting time for a result, ensuring the dramatic moment.

If enhancer successfully enhances the equipment, the remaining gold that was donated to him will be sent to him via mail. However. if he decides to quit mid-way while gold isn't used, the gold will return back to donators.

If enhancer fails the equipment and no runes are used, his weapon will be destroyed and some materials will be returned. Also, he will receive Limited Time weapon with enhancement rank higher than the current one (for example, if he enhances Rattler +10 to +11 and fails, he receives Limited +11 Rattler). The duration of equipment depends on the amount of cheers and performance (from 3 days to 2 weeks).
PandariaPixelPantsuSycriptzXieArellaRothAqua22KhutulunPrototypemindAndromedaGMBloodAngeland 2 others.
  1. Will Ferghus cry?69 votes
    1. Yes, he will
       65% (45 votes)
    2. No, he won't
       35% (24 votes)

Comments

• CascaCasca
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Now the whole server can witness the exact moment you destroy your weapon (and your soul)!

KimikoXieHerpadorMichieru516TheGreatCreidneAqua22KhutulunEzidiaPrototypemindKourinand 4 others.
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    Casca
    Casca said:

Now the whole server can witness the exact moment you destroy your weapon (and your soul)!

lol so true :P
    PixelPantsu
  • PandariaPandaria
    Vindictus Rep: 1,115
    I like this feature, although we probably won't get it D;
  • DisgardDisgard
    The good thing about this feature - it lifts off the burden for Ferghus, no one will hate him for breaking your +10~+14 anymore. However, he will still be beaten for slipping +4~+9 enhancements.

• PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    edited October 26, 2016
    Sounds pretty interesting.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Hmm. This could be a good thing but then again, there's hardly any people willing to donate that much gold to a stranger.
  • KuzmaKuzma
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    I guess its time to make friends with rich people.
    G0dP1LL4R
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    This system is pretty cringey. Not a bad gold sink, though.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited October 27, 2016
    I would have to agree.
  • AbuseOfDiscretionAbuseOfDiscretion
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    I laugh at the prospect of 99 people on an NA server doing anything that even remotely resembles simultaneous cooperation. Actually, I laugh at the prospect of 99 people on at any given time, since East can't even get 16 together for a Royal Army Raid.
    EzidiaWilko
  • NiburuNiburu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    edited October 28, 2016
    This is giving me palpitations </33333
  • AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    When you fail a enhancement or have a successful enhancement in BDO everyone in the sever knows you get use it after a while. image
  • ArthyenArthyen
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    Yea.......I find this cringe worthy. I hope this stays in China. Though, if this pulls through, I wonder if it is worth blaming 99 players. :P
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Oh yes, have over 50 peeps cheer you on only for your weapon to be destroyed, and then laugh about it. Sometimes I wonder if Humans are truly social creatures?
  • DisgardDisgard
    At the very least, this year, you can blame these NPCs for breaking up your equipment:

1) Ferghus - for breaking your +8-+10 equipment
    2) "The Anvil of Public Shame" - for breaking your +10 - +14 equipment (mostly weapons) - you can forgive this because he gives the enhanced weapon if you destroy it (even if it's a Limited Time weapon).
    3) The Parrot Lavi for being lazy and breaking your equipment upon poor enhance/enchant luck.
    3) Brynn - for breaking your any+ equipment via poor enchant luck.
  • MetaMeta
    Vindictus Rep: 855
    The CN don't mind RNG as much as we do and even they know this enchanting system is BS so they actually did something about it lol
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    This would actually be busted for our server because of our massive gold inflation ;j
    We would be able to fund our own enhances if it came over here lmao it'd be a great addition.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Actually, yeah, if they don't make sure to keep gold selling out then a few VMs or some intense multi boxing plus some RMT infused play would see a few peeps on East walking around with all +15 chars in no time +haha

To implement this for NA/EU/etc regions that don't have gamer ids the required donation should be in the form of something that has to be farmed such as bound to account tokens of some sort. It should require time and not wallet warrior status to be able to help others achieve this.

If that's how it's handled then it could definitely be nice to see it brought over.
  • TheGreatCreidneTheGreatCreidne
    Vindictus Rep: 2,655

I don't know what to think about this...I'm scurrred

• TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    Prototypemind

Actually, yeah, if they don't make sure to keep gold selling out then a few VMs or some intense multi boxing plus some RMT infused play would see a few peeps on East walking around with all +15 chars in no time +haha

To implement this for NA/EU/etc regions that don't have gamer ids the required donation should be in the form of something that has to be farmed such as bound to account tokens of some sort. It should require time and not wallet warrior status to be able to help others achieve this.

If that's how it's handled then it could definitely be nice to see it brought over.
    EU wallet warriors? have you seen our prices compared to you guys the richest guy on EU is dirt poor