[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hurk 2nd weapon's gameplay

Comments

• MrGoldMrGold
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited January 4, 2017
    Dokkun
    Dokkun said:

@MrGold

thats fan made in mmd lol
    Meant it as a joke, but what is mmd?
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited January 4, 2017
    The screen caps when he finishes off the boss in ARB there sum it up perfectly: looks lame as can be. I really hope they tweak it before release. I'd like to read the comments over on the Korean page but they don't translate. Maybe I'll try it on Chrome.

Tried it on Chrome; KR players don't seem too enthused either.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited January 5, 2017
    Yeah you are right. I used the new weapon for a few minutes using lvl 22 Teide and tbh it feels very half done. I will be streaming it anyway to explain the skills and what not but tbh....it's not a weapon I would main on Hurk. Gotta finish the skill descriptions for translations.
  • ZezeZeze
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
    i want to see his F5 and F7
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited January 5, 2017
    Those didn't really change though. They are exactly the same as with Great sword. Just like every other character with a 2nd weapon. No difference. Just the sword glitching a little bit.

Additionally: I have finally finished my translations for the 2nd weapon content. I will be holding my first stream starting at around 2AM Eastern (since I get out of work around then) On Sunday or Tuesday I will stream during the daytime for all you day walkers c: be sure to tell everyone that's interested and has many questions that want answered for this stream WILL be a Q&A stream for everyone.

If you want to follow my twitch ahead of time just check the streams and videos section. I have a thread that has my highlight from twitch there. That will lead you to my profile overall xD
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    And the half-assed content streak continues!
  • ShantalShantal
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    Idk what to say about this weapon, it doesn't look bad i guess but, if they wanted to give Hurk a range weapon to give his gameplay 2 ways, Why not just a giant 2 handed shotgun? seriously saber + gun? that's arisha's playstyle.
    However, i'll only accept one thing. IF they will add his shield slot a gun that can be infused into 2 crits, speed balance whatever, then i might play hurk.
    Otherwise i'll delete my hurk i am dead serious, Because adding him slot that can be infused like sylus,evie,arisha,fiona will make things a bit nicer otherwise he is 100% dead and F*ucked up.
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    edited January 5, 2017
    탱크블레이드

Those didn't really change though. They are exactly the same as with Great sword. Just like every other character with a 2nd weapon. No difference. Just the sword glitching a little bit.
    The ship has sunk.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvpr7oN1GO1qfx8uv.gif
    ShantalZeze
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Shantal
    Shantal said:

Idk what to say about this weapon, it doesn't look bad i guess but, if they wanted to give Hurk a range weapon to give his gameplay 2 ways, Why not just a giant 2 handed shotgun? seriously saber + gun? that's arisha's playstyle.
    However, i'll only accept one thing. IF they will add his shield slot a gun that can be infused into 2 crits, speed balance whatever, then i might play hurk.
    Otherwise i'll delete my hurk i am dead serious, Because adding him slot that can be infused like sylus,evie,arisha,fiona will make things a bit nicer otherwise he is 100% dead and F*ucked up.
    Why not just stick to Greatsword?
    Kourin
    Kourin said:

탱크블레이드

The ship has sunk.

Not sure why anyone was expecting different emote animations for the defaults when thats never happened xD
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    탱크블레이드

Shantal
    Shantal said:

Why not just stick to Greatsword? Feels kinda pointless to delete such progress over another weapon thats still in testing. If anything ill use Teide strictly for Neamhain only because at least it has more viability in long term damage compared to greatsword.
    Kourin
    Kourin said:

탱크블레이드

The ship has sunk.

Not sure why anyone was expecting different emote animations for the defaults when thats never happened xD
  • ShantalShantal
    Well, i am already so bored and sick from Greatsword due to its Glitches During dungeons and awkward season 3 combat while using it, i was a bit hype for the gun but things didn't go well it seems, i just want Hurk to have fun and Op weapon-style that doesn't require Defensive Combos like Greatsword, at least so many will main him if he does have at least Gun in his secondry slot, many will infuse it, it's extremely unfair when Fiona can have a very powerful shield to give her enchants, enhance, Huge stat boosts, or we can say Sylus, evie 5 bonus crits from infused book, Or arisha's focus that can get 7 bonus resistance, 800 defensive and also can get infused into crits.

Hurk's Gun suppose to be at LEAST like that to be fair. Because its a sword and a gun it's not 1 weapon style
  • ZezeZeze
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
    edited January 5, 2017
    i think it's alright
    maybe just make the sword more useful? idk, more sword's skill or whatever

edit: just found a nice gameplay vid
  • ShantalShantal
    Video does bring some sense, Good point he won't be insane in Ein lacher anymore, things will be easier than Greatsword, even tho i am not a fan of teide at all.. but sigh... i'll take it as a better choice than great-sword for Dps users
  • FlufffyParrotFlufffyParrot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited January 5, 2017
    Gameplay looks ok but it feels like Devcat were working on a second weapon for another character then thought ''Sh it! if we don't make the second weapon for hurk people will be mad!''
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    So it looks like every reload uses SP, every hit regains it, and every sword slash regains stam? Still not feeling it.
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    My only gripe with hurk's new weapon is that the shotgun isn't loud enough. kinda wish it was as loud as kai's hollow shot.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Prototypemind

So it looks like every reload uses SP, every hit regains it, and every sword slash regains stam? Still not feeling it.
    No. Reloading uses no sp. Shooting gains sp. Sword doesnt gain stamina. Thats from a status effect.
  • NovuNovu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,050
    Looks like the new lead designer of Vindictus is going to have to learn the hard way why Nexon stopped making second weapons years ago. Second weapons just aren't worth it especially when it doesn't match the overall style of the character. After this brain fart I doubt they will be 2nd weapons again anytime soon. From what I have seen in these videos it looks terrible.
  • ZaytiatusZaytiatus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,335
    I like the new weapon mostly because he'll have invulnerability for his dodge. I've been straying away from party play with Hurk because of my unstable internet connection.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    @FlufffyParrot
    Gameplay looks ok but it feels like Devcat were working on a second weapon for another character then thought ''Sh it! if we don't make the second weapon for hurk people will be mad!''
    --------
    Pretty much this.