[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hurk 2nd weapon's gameplay

TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
Vindictus Rep: 3,975
edited January 4, 2017 in Future Content
Since the forum can't display image... http://imgur.com/wn4LPQY
This is the source with more image: http://heroes.nexon.com/news/devnote/view?postno=302&bbsno=20

Edit: pls ignore the numerous grammar and typo :(

Aqua22

Comments

• SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited January 4, 2017
    "wound and hurt" ngl it looks interesting but this new look for hurk is dogsht

berserker hurk is cooler

pls dont fk up lynn 2nd weapon devcat
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Hmm. Looking more and more like Arisha gameplay with elements of Kai.

This "Wound" function doesn't seem too good either, considering the GS awakening stacks also give attack speed instead of just damage.

At least there's a bit of micro management feature in there so it's not all bad. Need more info.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    I'm not really a fan of the Wound mechanic. There had to be a better, more fun way to incentivize using the sword attacks than just a straight damage buff.

There's not really much to work towards in battle with this weapon, it just seems like sticking to the boss and reloading at the best times so you can consistently land long shell combos is all you really need to worry about. Damage is definitely there, but they may need to increase the speed on some of the animations.

I like it though.
  • AficionadoAficionado
    Vindictus Rep: 440
    edited January 4, 2017

TheDayInLoveErtxz18Aqua22ZaytiatusYamatoNa
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    I knew Sword vella and Kai had a little "Something something"
    QuinqueYamatoNa
  • KazadackKazadack
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    @Supreme I completely agree. This Tide really doesn't fit who Hurk really is, I would have much rather seen it on Sylas. But then again devcat is known for screwing things up *cough* Karok 2h hammer.

• QuinqueQuinque
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited January 4, 2017
    Search 테이드 on youtube. The gameplay looks fun and he is not so loud this time.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I'm not sure what I'm really seeing. The sword seems like a complete afterthought just thrown on for the heck of it. It doesn't feel like a dynamic part of the 2nd weapon at all, just there so you can slash a bit and add a buff to your attacks. I don't feel like they really put a ton of thought into this. Not all that excited to pick my Hurk back up now.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Welp, the gameplay is a little underwhelming. I'm probably still gonna try it out to get the titles related to it then Greatsword forever.
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    edited January 4, 2017
    Inconceivable. It looks even more boring than GS.

Gameplay doesn't seem to have any depth, I'd rather just play Arisha, since this whole "Wound" thing is basically her 5 hits to make an enhanced Focus for more damage. Except she comes with an added bonus of mana blade mode as well as a block.

The voices of the GS don't fit this weapon. Granted there are some here and there that go well but not all of it and that disturbs me as a player listening to Hurk 24/7.

Holding skill is also incredibly underwhelming for something that's supposed to be the character's "ultimate", compared to Sword Lann's, Fiona's, Karoks and Arisha's.

I'm seriously hoping this isn't just it and that they add more to his gameplay before official release. It's like 3 years of disappointment crashing down all at once. gg DevCat, gg Nexon.

At least trans animation is alright and I'll get additional titles. Just go on and tell me there won't be any new default emotes for Hurk, cos you might as well sink the whole ship while you're at it.
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    Not bad. Sure, it's a bit simple, but since when has GS been an exercise in complexity? Hurk's about one thing: getting in the boss's grill and staying there while beating the crap out of it. While GS is a relentless onslaught that doesn't have to worry about Stamina or Health, Teide involves a bit more finesse and micromanagement, which differentiates it enough from GS to be a change of pace. I'm interested in what the best usage of Doubleshot will be and when to use Impact Sure Shot for optimal results. Since it only has a 1 min CD, it's pretty flexible. Probably just, "whenever the boss is far enough away and only while you have 3 Wounds on it" :P

The only downside is that I'm gonna need a new outfit to fit with the aesthetic of this weapon. Or maybe just new pants.
    Quinque
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Eh, GunKai does it better and I already have a bit of gear for him, with the side benefit of bow being enjoyable as well. I already put my +14 90 GS in the graveyard foevah and this makes me more at peace with that decision. I may try this out since I have a 90 Hurk anyway, but it's pretty poorly executed. Shoot/roll/shoot/roll/cut/shoot/roll/shoot does not seem very fun at all.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited January 4, 2017
    delete hurks 2nd weapon and create something else like they did with that FPS game from korea with the and ass
    jokes this may bring bad karma when lynns 2nd weapon is made
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    edited January 4, 2017

• CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    edited January 4, 2017
    Here's some slightly higher level gameplay that shows off a few more skills.

EDIT:

A second one by the same guy. At 14 seconds in he manages to land that charge attack and hits hard.

EDIT 2:

Hurk God of Death no-hit solo showing off that swank new Dullahan set.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    Looks alright. The animations for shooting seem kinda silly though.
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    Sekaiiz
    Sekaiiz said:

Looks alright. The animations for shooting seem kinda silly though.
    -----

He's shooting a shotgun like a pistol because Hurk is that stronk.

• TheDayInLoveTheDayInLove
    Vindictus Rep: 3,975
    CometCupid

EDIT 2:

Thanks for the vids. I'm too lazy to look for them XD
    The set he is wearing is Lich Mage, an outfitter from newest gacha though.
  • MrGoldMrGold
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    Those new dance emotes though
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    @MrGold

thats fan made in mmd lol