[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Changes to Enchant Scrolls

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    @BloodAngel The R7 scrolls always had a 40% boom ratio when they were first released. With the way the game has been handing out runes left and right via events, It's better for a player to wait it out and accumulate runes over time.

There are also sales that corresponds to certain events where you can buy a massive amount of runes for so little NX. There are even players who take full advantage of that situation that ends up having more runes than they can handle.

Overall, that's the issue with the game, especially with the players that have this +15 or go home/I've got to min/max everything mentality that would end up having no weapon because they got too greedy with power and subsequently end up blowing up their weapon in the process with no back ups to use in case that would happen. Now with changes that prevent the player from getting mats back on the 2nd boom actually deter players even further when aiming for a +15, myself included.

A lot of progression in the game takes time and patience, something that a load of players DO NOT have in today's society where they throw coin left and right for runes, subsequently failing, and then come to the forums to complain of "how much of a cash cow this game is". I mean come on, most of the expensive stuff is PURELY cosmetic that doesn't even change your stats other than special outfitters giving 500 attack and 2 balance. Even the back and tail slots are locked to NX exclusive because the devs always appease to the whales.

• NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    edited December 19, 2016
    탱크블레이드

Just means you guys are gonna have to adjust to the economy change. Granted our repairs do cost an arm and a leg with ours but we make it balance out somehow. A LOT of us still use regular potions because of how stingy we are. It takes much longer to heal but hey. We learn how to not get hit.

More or less the players need to work together and balance the economy as it changes. Nexon doesn't exactly control that strictly like most MMO's do. If that were the case you wouldn't be able to overprice cloth of all things :P
    Oh god let's keep heavy handed developer "economies" out of this game. "A certain MMO" and it's pseudo economy is cancer, and the inability to set something for what it should be worth leaves many common items never listed period, as the price does not reflect the utility of the item.

I feel like KR is getting the short end of the stick there, high repair costs is a lazy cash sink, and meant to target the hyperinflated economies that don't have a fatigue system. At least that's what I hope they did, unless they intended for the "gold reward" at the end of battle to be nothing more than a novelty.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Necrochild

탱크블레이드

Just means you guys are gonna have to adjust to the economy change. Granted our repairs do cost an arm and a leg with ours but we make it balance out somehow. A LOT of us still use regular potions because of how stingy we are. It takes much longer to heal but hey. We learn how to not get hit.

More or less the players need to work together and balance the economy as it changes. Nexon doesn't exactly control that strictly like most MMO's do. If that were the case you wouldn't be able to overprice cloth of all things :P
    Oh god let's keep heavy handed developer "economies" out of this game. "A certain MMO" and it's pseudo economy is cancer, and the inability to set something for what it should be worth leaves many common items never listed period, as the price does not reflect the utility of the item.

I feel like KR is getting the short end of the stick there, high repair costs is a lazy cash sink, and meant to target the hyperinflated economies that don't have a fatigue system. At least that's what I hope they did, unless they intended for the "gold reward" at the end of battle to be nothing more than a novelty.
    They've done a lot of adjusting recently to the gold rewarded in dungeons along with exp. S2 easy is now Single Player which gives the same exp as 70-90. Single gives the same amount as normal/hard for s3. Though i think the main thing about us on KR is because we have other ways to acquire gold easily repair costs arent an issue. Niflheim superior gems are way easier to obtain than when they first came out. Our MAIN expensive item currently is Dullahan Weapon essence at 50m. Top stat'd one is 60m
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I get the thing about patience, but there is a limit. I've recently just burned through my large stacks of free enchantment ruens I got from events and from farming those boxes way back. The thing is, if there was a reliable way to enchant/scroll up ANOTHER character I'd stick with this game and start on that one, but since I'm out of runes, I will probably just take another "6 month" break and come back when they will inevitably be offering me more free stuff again as a "returning Mercenary" or another event giving out runes.

The point is, you got to eliminate this artificial cash wall that enhancement and enchantment Booming wepaons creates or you will NEVER HAVE A DECENT PERSISTENT POPULATION in this game, and without in an MMO it's kinda a dead game, literally. Cash cows will still doll out $$ for plenty of cosmetics and whatnot, so why leave in a mechanic that simply ruins the game for the 95% of the playerbase that DOESN"T buy NX?

Booming weapons needs to go, until then this game will forever be a fluctuation of activity during event giveaways/new characters, etc, then Die off rapidly and be unplayable again until the next giveaway.
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    edited December 31, 2016
    Man, wish we could get an update like this in NA ASAP.
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Call me crazy but in my experience, the easier this game becomes the less players stay because they'll achieve their goals really easily and just quit.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @AimAndKill I can see that happening, yet since this is only r8 and r9 scrolls it will be easier because that's mostly enchant scrolls used for budget chars, (wb, r9 wep scroll like relentless, divine punishment) only one's that aren't are essential ones where you don't wanna boom an accesory you spent ~2 hours farming (the dead, subdued) only es this REALLY helps with in our current end game is enthusiastic. But that's hard to farm since it has a run cap on it, Fast is the enchant scroll I see this hurting most.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    AimAndKill

Call me crazy but in my experience, the easier this game becomes the less players stay because they'll achieve their goals really easily and just quit.
    --------------
    Generally easier gearing just means people playing more alts. I've actually picked up my Fifi again, and I'm working on building an additional set for my Sylas since this game has such a silly cosmetic system. Games that aren't so RNG heavy generally lead to even more involvement since players can actually enjoy those other characters. I used to love doing Ops multiple night a week on multiple characters on SWTOR before the devs effed it up. I'm glad that I'll have the chance to actually play more than the few mains I'd had to go down to.

Even with the reduced loss of gear, capping still isn't easy, there will be plenty to keep most players around for a long time.
    Bladehawk
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Basically this. I've been leveling every character non-stop tbh. Kinda put Fiona on halt because Hurk 2nd weapon event.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited January 5, 2017
    This will be a welcomed change because it will allow players to gear up their characters with ease. Besides, I don't think many players use rank 7 scrolls until the start of Lv. 90 or have Lv. 90 equipment. I wouldn't say that it is rare, just uncommon.
  • TheNewKaiTheNewKai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    When are we getting this? Is it not coming with c2ep3?
  • BaikouBaikou
    Vindictus Rep: 800
    TheNewKai wrote: »
    When are we getting this? Is it not coming with c2ep3?
    SUM1 ANSER HES ? I NE3DS TU NO!!!!!111!!!!
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    AimAndKill wrote: »

The opposite is true, generally speaking.

I just recently tried to get a bunch of ex-guildies to start playing again. Most of them didnt even get past level 40 before quitting. They all refused to come back because "leveling is too hard/boring solo". Every veteran knows how easy it is to clear the low level episodes solo, but it is still considered too hard for most new players apparently.

I dont know about now (because apparently you get free level 80 gear via the story now?), but level 80 was another huge wall for new players, because thats around when you should be doing s3 quests and your typical newbie with an enhanced level 80 weapon will need a carry because they will do no damage to the bosses. A while back we had a jump event where people had to do s3 quests with level 70 event gear...same problem. Sure, level 80 armor and a +10 level 80 weapon would help a lot, but its impossible for most newbies to get that since they take a lot of seals and runes/elixir to make.

Progression should be streamlined so that getting decent gear to tacle the level you are on is pretty easy without needing to rely on friends carrying you. Top end gear should be hard to get, but at the same time, getting that top end gear should be worth it and actually achievable.

Material synthesis is kind of like this...except that the amount of mats you need to upgrade it are absolutely insane, not to mention the 3m NPC fee (try paying 3m for NPC fees when r7 armor scrolls cost 5m or less on AUS). Almost everyone i know simply cannot be bothered with it because it is too much work for too little gain. Oh look you just used 20 of each rare s3 mat + 3m gold to upgrade the INT on your weapon shard....to get like an extra 10 MATT or something stupid. Totally not worth it.

Infusion is another great example of "too hard so most players dont bother with it".
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I never understood the insane cost of upgrading lvl 90 armor/weapons. I started with a good purple, then just sold it and started a fresh orange. There is literally NO POINT to upgrading a purple shard to orange outside of min-maxing a 3-star purple armor, but even then the cost to benefit is still horrible. The point of the system was to allow a player to start with a decent affordable weapon and upgrade it slowly as he/she made money. Instead purple is just a fill in until you can make the big jump to orange. stupid design
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325

This describes my guild's attitude towards Vindictus atm. Only one decided to reroll other characters instead of joining us in other MMOs.

• CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680

People can't even progress their gear. They quit.
    People destroy their gear which requires hundreds of hours of time and hundreds of dollars to create trying to progress their game. They quit.
    People make one character with one really good weapon, they can't make another character because it costs too much to gear up and they get bored of their one character. They quit.

The balance is in finding the point where people must play the game to progress their gear, people would want to use money at reasonable amounts to progress their gear, and creating a new character to play in case your main character becomes stagnant and boring doesn't feel like you're sinking into an abyss where you will never be able to climb out of. Once you get there, the game will perpetuate itself and all you have to do is release new content at regular intervals.
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2735/retaining-players
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    So I take it the rank 9 and 8 scrolls still have a danger of destroying your equipment in the NA /EU server. We have not got that update yet?
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Correct. We do NOT have this update yet. Therefore, r9 and r8 will continue destroying items.
    jeddyhi
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Correct. We do NOT have this update yet. Therefore, r9 and r8 will continue destroying items.

Thank you!

• QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    You are very much welcome :-)