[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Are there many people in America server recently?

AliciasisAliciasis
Vindictus Rep: 285
edited December 26, 2016 in General Discussion
I'm Korean user.

Nowdays.. The players of Korean server have raidly declined due to the IDIOT director! It is like a shrinking ship!

DOL director, never-interact, never-listening, selfish, only can see close trees, has ruined prototype Vindictus!

Originally, Korean Vindictus had ranked high position in game ranking before he went to Vindictus.

But, current Korean Vindictus has disappeared in game raning.

Many users have gone because of his irritating behavior.
XieMochiSweetGhengisJohnThePharaohTamagoQuinqueDelterosGewelliriousKinsuru

Comments

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited December 26, 2016
    America/Europe already sunk long ago, don't worry you'll just join us, it's just a matter of time :D

Myself is personally out of this game as well, which is really terrible because it has one of the best combat gameplay of all action RPG. As I already said on another thread, another unique game going down the drain, terrible.

Life goes on I guess. Good luck to the remaining people.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Myself and my entire friends list are gone.
    Two years ago that meant about 50 players that could solo almost any content in the game and could host games quite well.

The main reason for quitting is that we all maxed out one character or in some cases 2-3 characters. To invest more to create a new character with endgame gear would require way too much time, effort, money, and chance. So the game became stale-ish and we quit one by one.

RNG weapon enhance killed this game because it locks you away from starting new characters.
  • PowManPowMan
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    Not surprising. Paparanga's raid boss designs are still unmatched even to these days. I geniunely only have fun in s1 roche raids these days, and maybe s3 regina and lugh.
    Hanjaeho...I won't comment on anything.
    The 3rd director did a good job and I don't understand why he left you know?
    The current director seems inferior compared to the 3rd/1st one.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Eastern player playing west server, still going strong on my end, and will keep going until the game gets completely taken down.

As for other players who left the game, I understand and respect your decision to do so.

jjX
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    The game is having a lot of performance problems. I want to keep playing it but it's unappealing to play an action game like this at less than 30 fps. My typical fps vs the new abomination boss we recently got here is in the low 20's. My brother is on a laptop, and he really wants to play but he can't play at all anymore. I still play a bit for fun and occasionally entertain the idea of farming but repairs here are expensive and it's hard to make money, so I've been farming in some blue quality abomination gear I put together for fun. There are still boats around, some of my hardcore friends still play and I still meet cool people when I play but things have slowed down significantly and a lot of my old friends have left. I myself have been playing less than I used to. I feel like my being around less has a negative impact on my friends staying around too so that makes me feel kind of guilty. I had a friend tell me I was the only reason she was still playing, I got a new triple A game and started playing it for about a week and then when I came back she was gone forever.

I'm rooting for this game but I am worried for it.
    Xie
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I'm in the same situation as GhengisJohn's brother, I play on a laptop and can't really play anymore. Two years ago I didn't encounter any unplayable situations until Lionotus and Keaghan. After that, I found out the entire season 2 was pretty unplayable except for Lakoria (because runner). It got better once Lord Glas hit and season 2 areas became more manageable, but somehow things got worse when the Lochlann Plains patch hit us over the summer and has since only gotten worse. Even walking around the new town of Berbhe is difficult, and the only thing allowing me to "play" is my incredibly high 14.6k DEF.
    XieVoldaireGhengisJohn
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Order5
    Order5 said:

I'm in the same situation as GhengisJohn's brother, I play on a laptop and can't really play anymore. Two years ago I didn't encounter any unplayable situations until Lionotus and Keaghan. After that, I found out the entire season 2 was pretty unplayable except for Lakoria (because runner). It got better once Lord Glas hit and season 2 areas became more manageable, but somehow things got worse when the Lochlann Plains patch hit us over the summer and has since only gotten worse. Even walking around the new town of Berbhe is difficult, and the only thing allowing me to "play" is my incredibly high 14.6k DEF.
    Yeah my old computer was having problems so I upgraded. For a while there I was getting 60 fps in runs and it was fantastic, I was even hosting boats. But at some point my FPS started taking a hit and it's been sliding since.
    Xie
  • MastaMasta
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    Every forum thread I read now is so depressing..
    Dokkun
  • MetaMeta
    Vindictus Rep: 855
    Aliciasis
    Aliciasis said:

I'm Korean user.

Nowdays.. The players of Korean server have raidly declined due to the IDIOT director! It is like a shrinking ship!

DOL director, never-interact, never-listening, selfish, only can see close trees, has ruined prototype Vindictus!

Originally, Korean Vindictus had ranked high position in game ranking before he went to Vindictus.

But, current Korean Vindictus has disappeared in game raning.

Many users have gone because of his irritating behavior.
    They need to revamp the dumb equipment enchantment to not boom equipments, get rid of p2p connections and a new upgraded engine. If they revamp the enchantment system that might save it for a bit.
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Honestly I ignore the whole "Player base complaints" I login to run dungeons and raids, I could careless what other people or negative nannies think. But per usual, when there's update or +1 or 2 raids there's more people. Do I wish Vindictus would update as often as other recent games? Of course, does it discourage me from playing with my friends? Absolutely not. With that being said it is hard to keep up when there's so many new games come out every couple of months.
  • CriminyCriminy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,225
    So many things they need to be doing that they stubbornly won't. So many things they should have done years ago they never will. There is nothing worse for a game than a bad reputation.

This game's successes struggle against its many mistakes. The game engine they chose. The p2p hosting. Probably fine if you live in Korea. Texas is 7x larger than South Korea. If they had always planned to launch the game outside of KR, why build it around p2p that only works well in KR? Either they never planned to launch this game in the US or EU, or someone(s) on the dev team are total bonehead(s). Big mistake. Building the game on Source Engine 1 without multi-core support the second big mistake. I have to imagine that if upgrading the engine was something easy to do for seasoned programmers, they would have done it by now especially since the game is in dire need of an engine upgrade and I'd bet the devs know that. That they haven't makes me think they've reached the limits of what the Source Engine can do without a total rewrite. This is like building in a self destruct mechanism into your game before you even launch it. Like the Replicants in Blade Runner. Engineered to have a short life.

I play on West and I'd guess there is maybe around 3,000 people playing on my server. That might be a little generous a guess to. That's a rough estimate after looking through the Rankings. Sometimes I'm amazed that I'll be rank 700 for something that I did a lot that day/week. So the number of active players is pretty low. East server is probably the same or slightly better. So maybe 6,000 players give or take a thousand during the biggest holiday season of the year with several good events since October. Pretty small number for a mmo with among the best action combat available if not the best. Bad rep plus squandered potential and nearly zero effort to do anything about it. Its frustrating because they don't make games like this anymore, so once this is shutdown...

Vindictus is unique in what it is and what it does and it will be impossible for others to recreate. They likely won't even bother to in the first place. More money making potential to make something brain dead easy for a broad casual audience unless you want to play single player games. For this reason, people that like this game hate watching it die. It will be a big loss once they shut the doors.
    jjX
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    JamesGross

Honestly I ignore the whole "Player base complaints" I login to run dungeons and raids, I could careless what other people or negative nannies think. But per usual, when there's update or +1 or 2 raids there's more people. Do I wish Vindictus would update as often as other recent games? Of course, does it discourage me from playing with my friends? Absolutely not. With that being said it is hard to keep up when there's so many new games come out every couple of months.
    I was also of the opinion that I'll just ignore negativity and just keep playing the game. But I can't ignore my dropping frame rates.

• EdaymEdaym
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    The comments in that Inven thread is making me laugh