[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

what did you get from the Elite Lucky Boxes

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Lel, I haven't bought gotchas with my own money since 2014 after I realized what a joke they are. The only I've gotten since have been with won NX, and even then it's been sparingly. I managed to make some good money off of Devil Wings a long while back, and that's been about it. I don't consider gambling my real money away for potentially nothing to be worthwhile. As demonstrated by myrngsucks, even a few hundred boxes don't guarantee anything, and it's even worse with these boxes because you don't get tokens that you can trade in for what you want.

No, calling these boxes wrong isn't like calling water wet. Water being wet doesn't drive players away from this game. One player, for instance, has had almost all their gear on one character destroyed in the past week and didn't get crap from the boxes on top of it. I bet they aren't thinking that the game has rewarded them very well, and I bet anyone reading their experience will be hesitant to pick up the title. You complain about events being lame and not keeping players around time and time again despite us having had at least some decent events recently, yet have an issue with me pointing out that these boxes show that they see us as nothing but income. Back to back events like Gnoll Chieftain and then the Scroll Event & Eochaid Essence Shards together you whine over, but back to back gotchas you think are swell. Coolios.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    @Prototypemind

Why type all of it when none of it is relevant to the discussion. They guy that blew up his gear is an idiot, plain and simple. Anything RNG has risk, it's a given, if you expect them to be fair you're a chump, how else with the game make money?

• TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I didn't buy lucky boxes,but it's very appreciated to be able to buy the airtight stuff on mp.
    BloodAngel
  • VoldaireVoldaire
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    edited December 25, 2016
    44 boxes and not one outfitter. Best I got was a premium enhancement rune and 10k ap capsule.

But as far as the Black Friday boxes, are the GMs still letting us exchange the outfitters?
    MochiSweet
  • RNGGoddessRNGGoddess
    Vindictus Rep: 895
    edited December 25, 2016

I made a ticket to exchange Captain Keaghan Set, as I do not have any male character on the account that owns it.
    The GM rejected it flat out.
    It would be great if they allow set exchanges.
    MochiSweetVoldaireAnthonytonyboy
    @Bowtacojrype

To make my point clear since it seemed to be going over your head. You whine about events that "drive players away", when in fact the last few that we've had running concurrently--including one that helped gear out new players with sets that they can use well into S3--are great for the game's population, yet you support gambling boxes that for the majority will leave them feeling like they wasted their money. It is ironic when a player who claims to espouse a love for anything that keeps players around bashes the good and embraces the bad.

Now honestly, I know that players stating what they want and enjoy likely won't make a difference. Sony ran SWG into the ground despite an extremely vocal fan base that didn't want it to implement the changes that it did. EA/BioWare is currently running SWTOR into the ground and seeing mass subscription cancellations likely equivalent to what they saw before they finally had to switch the game to at least offering some kind of minimal F2P option. I get that most of these companies don't listen because while it's in the company's best interest to see long term growth, it's in others' interest to show lots of short-term blips so that they can get their money and move on to the next spot. Companies like Yahoo and many other examples that are far larger manage to screw it up time and time again, so to think Nexon would get it right simply because players have made their cases and often have simply left never to return or stopped spending on the game would be foolish.

TLDR: The Titanic was told there was ice ahead but they just kept steaming right along as though all was well; we know how that turned out.
  • VoldaireVoldaire
    Update: After 22 more boxes I finally got seafarer shirt + hotpants. 66 boxes for one outfitter +cold

Willing to trade with anyone who has the Jacket + Skirt Seafarer.
  • SoyuSoyu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    I just wish it didn't cost 400 coupons to get one outfitter. Not even worth that much lol...

Pets should have been like 50-60 considering you get one coupon per box...
    Seafarer should have been 150 and Golden Knight should be 200
    Rose should have been free cause it's ugly???

It would be great if we had the option to trade in unwanted outfitters for coupons so we can actually choose what we want instead of being stuck with the ugly rose set oh my god I hate it so much Nexon let me trade it in for the Golden Knight
    Voldaire
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    I spent 10K NX and got all the outfits cause RNG.
  • DelterosDelteros
    Vindictus Rep: 2,855
    RNGGoddess

I made a ticket to exchange Captain Keaghan Set, as I do not have any male character on the account that owns it.
    You need to make another ticket or ask for Jentemoon, this GM might not know about set exchanging for the Black Friday boxes.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    X1Guts1X
    X1Guts1X said:

Its like you want people coming to your doorstep with pitchforks or something.

Grats on your luk
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    DownIoad
    DownIoad said:

X1Guts1X
    X1Guts1X said:

Its like you want people coming to your doorstep with pitchforks or something.

Grats on your luk
    I was just doing a little forum trolling +haha I don't got money for NX... but if I did I would probably just get some sext inners :)
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    edited December 25, 2016
    @Prototypemind

A lot of irrelevant info in your post again, but it looks like you're beginning to see my point from the other thread, so I'm glad you finally see my point and now argue it. +haha
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited December 25, 2016
    RNGGoddess

Delteros
    Delteros said:

You need to make another ticket or ask for Jentemoon, this GM might not know about set exchanging for the Black Friday boxes.
    Well first was the set from the Black Friday boxes, since that set was released prior to the boxes it could have come from the other gachapon, which I think then it wouldn't qualify.

Also like I said it the response EU players got was that it was a limited time thing, so it may not be going on right now.

_____

Bowtacojr and Prototypemind please stop. You two are getting off topic.

• myrngsucksmyrngsucks
    Vindictus Rep: 800
    Soyu
    Soyu said:

I just wish it didn't cost 400 coupons to get one outfitter. Not even worth that much lol...

It would be great if we had the option to trade in unwanted outfitters for coupons so we can actually choose what we want instead of being stuck with the ugly rose set oh my god I hate it so much Nexon let me trade it in for the Golden Knight
    Yeah agreed. 200 is much more reasonable. I wish I was able to exchange all these damn coupons I have for something cause I spent A LOT, but no I can't because it's some absurd amount. I don't mind how much I spent for getting nothing I wanted, but that 400 coupon requirement feels like a slap in the face.
  • VoldaireVoldaire
    edited December 26, 2016
    Dealer
    Dealer said:

Well first was the set from the Black Friday boxes, since that set was released prior to the boxes it could have come from the other gachapon, which I think then it wouldn't qualify.

Also like I said it the response EU players got was that it was a limited time thing, so it may not be going on right now.

I submitted a ticket and the response I was given was that the exchange was an exception during the event and they are no longer doing them.

myrngsucks

Soyu
    Soyu said:

Yeah agreed. 200 is much more reasonable. I wish I was able to exchange all these damn coupons I have for something cause I spent A LOT, but no I can't because it's some absurd amount. I don't mind how much I spent for getting nothing I wanted, but that 400 coupon requirement feels like a slap in the face.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Well the problem is that it seems that with certain boxes they aren't going to have separate tokens anymore. I hope it's not for all boxes because that would be ridiculous, but you can get those "universal" tickets now, which is good in that you can eventually trade them for a variety of outfitters, but the actual cost for any individual outfitter purchased that way is prohibitively high. $300 for some of the old outfitters off of tokens actually isn't looking nearly so bad as it was.
  • PipzPipz
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    I received two [Limited] Special Great Adventurer Sets from the Black Friday boxes. I asked for an exchange two weeks after the event had ended and the GM who replied said NO because the exchanges occurred "during the duration of the event". I only play female characters so I currently have 3 unopened Great Adventurer sets (one from a previous event). The unfairness that has occurred with these UNDER THE TABLE exchanges is infuriating!

The last reply I received from the GM was, "Please know that that exchanges were not announced as it was not intended to give them. It was an exception made on a case by case basis that went during the duration of the event. But only was offered if players were to write in with the request. There is not a guarantee that the same procedure will be offered to other events in the future." This response is unsatisfactory because the GM specifically said it was NOT INTENDED but the lucky few who happened to request an exchange during the event were successful.
    MochiSweet
  • ManhwaManhwa
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    Spent zero dollars on it because you can buy airtight items off at marketplace.
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited December 28, 2016
    Pipz
    Pipz said:

"I received two [Limited] Special Great Adventurer Sets from the Black Friday boxes. I asked for an exchange two weeks after the event had ended and the GM who replied said NO because the exchanges occurred "during the duration of the event". I only play female characters so I currently have 3 unopened Great Adventurer sets (one from a previous event). The unfairness that has occurred with these UNDER THE TABLE exchanges is infuriating!

The last reply I received from the GM was, "Please know that that exchanges were not announced as it was not intended to give them. It was an exception made on a case by case basis that went during the duration of the event. But only was offered if players were to write in with the request. There is not a guarantee that the same procedure will be offered to other events in the future." This response is unsatisfactory because the GM specifically said it was NOT INTENDED but the lucky few who happened to request an exchange during the event were successful."

--------
    Its a little much to call it "under the table" or anything like that. Anyone that sent in a ticket during the event could have traded stuff in, a lot of people usually do if they got a really bad pull.
    The GMs were being nice, you make it sound like they did something wrong. All it was, was an exception, so yes its not a feature and just like every exception there has to be limits to how much of one they can make. One of which was that they could only do them during the event.