[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

It's me or Vindictus is dying?

Comments

• BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Of course it's dying, but we have whales to keep it afloat, and they don't leave because they're hopeless.

And thank god for that.

• X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I think one instead of just handing out AP capsules for story progression they should hand out ES scrolls relevant to the season. This would actually give you a reason to play the new content while eliminating RNG elements of getting the scroll (at least once). Also, we really need the enchant scroll changes and tbh NO scrolls should destroy gear. Instead, starting w/ R9, DURABILITY DAMAGE should be the only failure damage, with each lower rank causing more and more Durability damage, maybe capping at 40% durability loss with rank6 (3 attempts before destroying gear) Since you can get durability pots somewhat regularly from Warm Welcome, this would reward players that log in regularly not whales with money to blow (or only capped players with AP to blow).

As for enhancing, what they really need to do is abandon the RNG model and instead go with a cost + diminishing returns model. This could be accomplished by making the improvemtns in wepaon speed / damgae more linear across the entire enchanment range. For example I shouldn't get a total of only +9 Attack Speed from 1-8 but get +14 AttSpeed from +9-+15. (plus all the additional damage). Instead, what they need to do is make the improvements more linear across the range of enhancement, and make the COST of enhancement non-linear along the range of enhancment. In other words, +7 - +8 cost me X paradise orbs for Y improvement but +8-+9 costs 2X paradise orbs for 0.5x improvement (just as an example). In other words, instead of RNG just make it very cost inneficient and Expensive to upgrade to +15 ( but there for the people that MUST max out everything or have nothing left to max out). This would also solve the issue of people with +15 weapons basically auto-top DPS with little to no effort which not only makes it boring for the guy with +15 but hopeless for the guy w/ +10 and no hopes of +15 do to bad rng.

Sorry for wall of txt but I really think these 2 changes ( or something like them) are necessary for this game or it will just die out.
  • korachaismynamekorachaismyname
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    edited December 24, 2016
    remove region lock

open it to everyone lets see.
  • SylariusSylarius
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Prototypemind: "A lot of players who used to keep the old forums active have disappeared completely.

Even though the content roll out is too slow, it's almost to the point of there being too much because the population has dropped off so much. There aren't enough new players coming in to replace those that have quit.

The future is bleak."

>> Yeah... I miss a fair amount of the old forums users. Especially foreignreign and BabaPirate. fallentanker, Holden90 and Miseryindex all had their moments but they were generally good too.
    Many former guilds and people I knew between 1-3 years ago are all dead/gone now, and I somewhat include myself in that group since I had left and only play casually now (mostly). I can only list two considerably active guilds now on West (being Luminosity and KINDRED, though if there are others, please inform me), the rest seem small or not active. It seems like a ghost town nowadays. (Nirvana, Ambition, Silence, CrimsonKeys, Defenestrate, Lux Tenebris, Patriots, iNFierno are all shadows of what they once were, or completely gone).

Miracle: "I can't speak for everyone else, but here's why i stopped playing."

>> Mira :'(

Bowtacojr: "Of course it's dying, but we have whales to keep it afloat, and they don't leave because they're hopeless.

And thank god for that."

>> All hail lord Acid, thank you for keeping our servers online.
    This hardcore catering to whales SUCKS, the r8 and r9 ES change is nice though.
    Xie
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    I've got to ask anyone reading this comment I'm going to post:

If Vindictus truly died and Nexon deemed it too costly to keep running and were contemplating shutting it down, or they just didn't have the human resources at their company anymore to put the time into localizing this content and hosting events and such... Would you want it to go to a new publisher such as Dragon's Nest did?
    If you aren't aware, Nexon gave up the rights to Dragons Nest back to the original developers I believe called EyeIdentity, they are now the publishers and developers of the game so when you speak to someone about the game say on an official forum, they hear you. Would you guys want the game to go back to "DerpCat"? (Btw not exactly 100% of what happened between Nexon and Dragons Nest I just know that they no longer publish the game or have any sort of ownership over it, and now the game is relatively active compared to what it used to be, and I don't know of any server issues or performance problems)
  • PowManPowMan
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    edited December 24, 2016
    No content and very average boss designs. I want some more bosses like titan, ingkells and glas. Those are still the best.