[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

It's me or Vindictus is dying?

PepperflyPepperfly
Vindictus Rep: 500
in General Discussion
This year the activity in the game seems to me lower than in the last years... Not to mention the low economy. :(

Can Vindictus reach the end of 2017?... I do not know, but I doubt the next year will be better.

*Sorry for my bad English.

Comments

• AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Pepperfly
    Pepperfly said:

Can Vindictus reach the end of 2017?
    Find out next week in the new episode of "recurring vindi is dying threads".
    BloodAngelFlufffyParrotjjXGhengisJohnXie
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Doubt the game is dying so long as the whales and their "gatcha vault" keep it afloat.
  • CriminyCriminy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,225
    I think its always been dying. There may have been the rare points in time were there was player growth, but by now all these years later, most the people that would have been interested avoid the game. Vindictus has too many old problems that the devs refuse to address. Big ones like terrible game performance and laggy multiplayer in an mmo are unforgivable to most gamers. So they try and then they leave. The game's engine needs tuning and if they ever were going to attempt to improve these problems, they would have done it before everyone left (or even better, during initial development) when they had a better reason to. These are just a few of the visible nails in the coffin.

Having said all this, I very much hope to be proven wrong. I never thought they would change the r8-9 scrolls either and they did that. That's a much easier fix in comparison but still... those were a source of revenue for them and they changed them to be player friendly instead of nexon friendly. A move very uncharacteristic of Nexon.
    GhengisJohn
  • ShizukaaShizukaa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    The number of karoks seem to be dying. My dream is to enter channel 1 and see 100+ karoks with whale pillars, in every colour, in every corner. Can't a girl dream ;-;
    GhengisJohnXie
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Shizukaa ... @SLAMMENING420

And @OP Your low level of posts tell me you're either not active enough in game or on the forums to actually know the answer yourself.
  • FlufffyParrotFlufffyParrot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited December 23, 2016
    Criminy
    Criminy said:

I think its always been dying. There may have been the rare points in time were there was player growth, but by now all these years later, most the people that would have been interested avoid the game. Vindictus has too many old problems that the devs refuse to address. Big ones like terrible game performance and laggy multiplayer in an mmo are unforgivable to most gamers. So they try and then they leave. The game's engine needs tuning and if they ever were going to attempt to improve these problems, they would have done it before everyone left (or even better, during initial development) when they had a better reason to. These are just a few of the visible nails in the coffin.

Having said all this, I very much hope to be proven wrong. I never thought they would change the r8-9 scrolls either and they did that. That's a much easier fix in comparison but still... those were a source of revenue for them and they changed them to be player friendly instead of nexon friendly. A move very uncharacteristic of Nexon.
    God this is so true, the game performance and the amount of bugs and glitches is driving me insane. We need an optimization update.

• ShizukaaShizukaa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    @BloodAngel why did you even tag me? >_>
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    No.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Shizukaa because my buddy that I tagged next to you has a white whale pillar he named salt, partial wish fulfilled :v
    Shizukaa
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited December 23, 2016
    Haven't bothered to reply to any of these threads recently, but now that I'm playing other games thanks to friends, I can easily say that Vindictus is easy to throw aside, and the fact it has the best action gameplay of MMOs cannot even change it anymore.

Or well... that might be due to new contents actually... and actually it's the case for all new contents that are going to come here.

Let's be realistic that the game still doesn't understand that releasing an episode every blue moon isn't going to hype the game at all. The problem I don't understand is, why do they have to make a raid at every episode ? They can release a few new dungeons every months for example, in order to keep the players.

So far, what's going to come is only Neamhain. People are already displeased by the lv95 gear.. that makes you "restart everything" (even if you don't really but eh) and the current content is just a non-go. Oh well, the dungeons are good actually, but gives nothing new. The raid ? Habitant is probably one of the worst I've encounter, that's the typical imposed gimmicky raid that I hate. The hooking mechanics feels like taking half the raid time... I thought I was supposed to play the game for its combat ? So yeah, this update definitely killed my pleasure to play for now, and I'll probably not have the stats for Neamhain at all due to the economy being dead + RNG is complete garbage.

And this isn't a "I want +15 weapon pls", it's literally RNG f-ing you at +7, how are you even supposed to get to +11-12 w/o coupons at this point ? I don't really know about NA but it's literally an abomination for EU : broken economy + playerbase being lower everyday, not enough people to keep you interested about the game.
    I lost my greaves as well using Expedition.. are people realising it's a fail that demotivates you as you have to success it TEN TIMES ? (2 scrolls per piece -> 2 X 5)

This isn't a complain, but a reality and no one can deny it. In my opinion, there are detailled tweaks such as renewed ES + the whole Brynn effect that should come immediately on the west, or else the game is really going to be a dead horse at this point.
    GhengisJohnGothic
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Vindictus reminds me of a privately run toll road - you keep the tolls high enough to keep the volume low enough to keep the maintenance cheap enough to make the road last long enough to make the most long-term profit w/ least amount of effort, driver wishes be damned. I think this pretty much sums up this game.
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    edited December 23, 2016
    Gewellirious

Let's be realistic that the game still doesn't understand that releasing an episode every blue moon isn't going to hype the game at all. The problem I don't understand is, why do they have to make a raid at every episode ? They can release a few new dungeons every months for example, in order to keep the players.

So far, what's going to come is only Neamhain. People are already displeased by the lv95 gear.. that makes you "restart everything" (even if you don't really but eh) and the current content is just a non-go. Oh well, the dungeons are good actually, but gives nothing new. The raid ? Habitant is probably one of the worst I've encounter, that's the typical imposed gimmicky raid that I hate. The hooking mechanics feels like taking half the raid time... I thought I was supposed to play the game for its combat ? So yeah, this update definitely killed my pleasure to play for now, and I'll probably not have the stats for Neamhain at all due to the economy being dead + RNG is complete garbage.
    New content is nice and all but I agree that it alone can't generate hype for the game. The game needs to actually be optimized and to run beautifully before anything else. I've heard there's work being done on actual multicore support for this game over in korea now, but who knows if anyone will be left to care at that point. I hope we get to see it though personally but I am worried.

As for the 95 gear looming on the horizon, it's a real turn-off to me. I spent 60 dollars in enchant runes (and 5 more i got during events/sales) during the first scroll event enchanting all of my Fiona's armor. I also spent about 900m gold building orange 90 weapons for 6 of my characters. I wasn't too upset when the seal shop started offering the weapon shards because at least I was done worrying about it. Hearing it's time to gear up again and endure all of the expense and frustration involved in that process here in vindictus is unwelcome. I want this game to last because I've enjoyed it and I feel a strong sense of ownership towards my characters. But at the same time, I've always held that the RNG was the worst thing about it and the thought of having to see Ferghus again is already turning my stomach. I wouldn't blame people if they decided to get off the treadmill when it hits.

Edit- Forgot that m after the 900.
    A game that I played for almost 4 years yeah, I doubt I want it to die as well, but when your developement team changes every 3 months, it's obvious that the game is doomed to nothing.

I've been playing s4 League as well, it got butchered too.. the gameplay was unique as well. It's sad to butcher games with unique gameplay, this is the second one in a row, not cool.
    Currently on BDO, simple game with a greatly vast world, and it's literally Second Life of MMORPG. It's that simple but I'm being happy there.. yet Vindictus still has a better gameplay.

So, why is nothing done again ? Will our 'prayers' get heard 20 years after it's too late again or ? It's not even hateful, it's plain and straight up sad. I am sad for this game.
    GhengisJohn
  • EosEos
    Vindictus Rep: 995
    edited December 23, 2016
    It's definitely at a low point.
    i.imgur.com/5GzenPY.png
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    A lot of players who used to keep the old forums active have disappeared completely.

Only thing that's selling now are cash shop merch + super high enhance weaps, and it's only old players buying that. New players can't afford anything, inflation is crazy, and the entire economy remains ridiculously bad.

Without getting drops to sell I literally cannot keep my armor repaired some days.

Optimization is terrible and has gotten worse by the patch.

Nexon tosses RNG box after RNG box at players, the whales gobble them up, and more and more old heads and newbies get turned off of that and move on.

Tons of new titles coming out in 2017 that will be fresh if nothing else and likely will be much better optimized.

Even though the content roll out is too slow, it's almost to the point of there being too much because the population has dropped off so much. There aren't enough new players coming in to replace those that have quit.

The future is bleak.
    Xie
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    RNG enhancement of weapons killed it for many veteran players.
    I know it killed it for myself and my friends.
  • MiracleMiracle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,580
    edited December 23, 2016
    I can't speak for everyone else, but here's why i stopped playing.
    The seal shop update ruined the game for me. Nothing you get in raids are worth anything anymore, its hard to sell anything, its hard to make money and progress.

I believe that S3 seal shop update is the greatest mistake, yes it caters casual players, but what's the point of playing if you can obtain end game gear after a few days of measly grind?
    Gewellirious
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Lv. 95 materials could temporarily remedy that situation for a period of time. With Lv. 95 gear using a different set of OJ shards (carved), that would be the next best thing to farm to make a lot of gold off of. I predict that Lv. 95 weapon primary will range anywhere from 250-300M+, but possibly more than that since Lv. 95 weapons have 3K more ATT and 15 more crit than Lv. 90 weapons.
  • FuzetsuFuzetsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    They need to give a reason for people to play the game. During the Level up event is was really cool because every 10 levels you get new gear. But once you reach lv90, you could be playing for weeks and get no progression.
    edited December 23, 2016
    Miracle
    Miracle said:

I can't speak for everyone else, but here's why i stopped playing.
    The seal shop update ruined the game for me. Nothing you get in raids are worth anything anymore, its hard to sell anything, its hard to make money and progress.

I believe that S3 seal shop update is the greatest mistake, yes it caters casual players, but what's the point of playing if you can obtain end game gear after a few days of measly grind?
    Amen.

What people asked is to not get demotivated because gear that is farmed for 4254254 days broke in 3 seconds. Heavily reducing durability of an item would have been more than enough.. look at BDO for example.
    You can't expect the same culture here in the west and in the east in Asia, NA/EU detest this kind of cash shop/rng stuff.. give us different stuff, we don't have to copy paste every single thing from the KR version.
    Ironically, the s3 seal shop is NA/EU only.. oh well.

PS : what's up with the broken quotes ?