[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Restore Durability

PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
Vindictus Rep: 1,960
edited March 7, 2017 in General Discussion
Snice when have they added this feature?

tumblr_omf71g8Gn41rs5ixfo2_r1_540.png

Comments

• V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    Last major maintenance.
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    V0lterix wrote: »
    Last major maintenance.

Did they? Well thats nice to know.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited March 6, 2017
    As V0lterix said, Ferghus has been able to do this since the last major update (2-16-2017 Vindictus Unification Update).

As a point of interest, it is not a good system for restoring durability on rare items. Here are a few details for those who are skeptical:
    -The system requires a base item copy of the item you intend on restoring plus a gold fee.
    -Gold fee is dependent on the usual things (item level, enhancement, enchantment rank, star quality...everything except power infusion).
    -You can only restore an item's durability if it is less than 100.
    -Restores 10 durability per session, even if you are at 99 durability (your item will go up to 109).

Notes about gold fee:
    -The gold fee is negligible for most servers, amounting to about 100k on an orange +10 Consistent Valor 3* Regina Glaive.
    -Level seems to be the greatest determining factor of the fee. Enhancement and enchantments only raise the cost by about 1000 gold per rank.
    -Some items are inconsistent. For example, the gold fee for Evil Monster's Leather Belt is higher than Sunset's Glow, but Sunset's Glow has the same cost as Shield Badge.
    TabbedPixelPantsu
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    edited March 7, 2017
    I'm thirsty for dat 54m :3
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Order5 wrote: »
    As V0lterix said, Ferghus has been able to do this since the last major update (2-16-2017 Vindictus Unification Update).

As a point of interest, it is not a good system for restoring durability on rare items. Here are a few details for those who are skeptical:
    -The system requires a base item copy of the item you intend on restoring plus a gold fee.
    -Gold fee is dependent on the usual things (item level, enhancement, enchantment rank, star quality...everything except power infusion).
    -You can only restore an item's durability if it is less than 100.
    -Restores 10 durability per session, even if you are at 99 durability (your item will go up to 109).

Notes about gold fee:
    -The gold fee is negligible for most servers, amounting to about 100k on an orange +10 Consistent Valor 3* Regina Glaive.
    -Level seems to be the greatest determining factor of the fee. Enhancement and enchantments only raise the cost by about 1000 gold per rank.
    -Some items are inconsistent. For example, the gold fee for Evil Monster's Leather Belt is higher than Sunset's Glow, but Sunset's Glow has the same cost as Shield Badge.

Thanks for explaining more in depth. I was thinking it was similar to BDO's durability system, guess I was wrong.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915

probably because it is a later update. is thor's belt same fee as the other rocheste accessories?
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    2edgy4u wrote: »

probably because it is a later update. is thor's belt same fee as the other rocheste accessories?

No idea, I've avoided logging in. Item type might be a factor, and that earrings and rings just happen to cost the same. The difference is so small though that it hardly matters.
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Who actually has durability problems?
    One of the most useless features so far in Vindictus.
    Just above equipment weight.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Since it only works below 100 it's pretty clear that it is meant to help players who have lost dura from enhancing or enchanting. It seems strange to implement now that we have the kitty boxes, but not everyone logs in for them regularly, and it at least gives a non-cash means of getting the dura back over 100.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    Except buying airtight dura pots from market will get you dura for a much lower price, without the under 100 restriction... making this system pretty useless.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    edited March 8, 2017
    We didn't get the opportunity to abuse this feature like KR did with the max durability consuming damage pots in easy rotation.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    How does it work actually? I'm trying to figure it out myself.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited March 8, 2017
    How does it work actually? I'm trying to figure it out myself.

Simple.

1) Pick the item you want to restore.
    2) Let's say it's a +13 Armageddon Staff, you will have to buy an Armageddon Staff (or craft it, however you want) from the market.
    3) Put the +13 arma staff on the first window.
    4) Put the arma staff you bought/craft/pls f-it on the second one
    5) Pay the fee (it's in the bottom right of the window)
    6) Tadaa

Already used that feature a few times because I detest seeing my items having less than 100 durability. #fwp
    dazedgumball
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    I use this feature whenever my enchant scrolls fail and eat a chunk of my item's durability. Very useful.
    Gewellirious
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    It's great for that on 90 gear since blues/purples are so cheap, but it doesn't make sense for 80 gear as the mats still cost too much in gold/seals to be remotely worth it.
  • KMonkKMonk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,495
    Don't you get those Durability pot from your daily Warm Welcome store? Much cheaper no?
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    KMonk wrote: »
    Don't you get those Durability pot from your daily Warm Welcome store? Much cheaper no?

Dura pots from those warm welcome boxes??
    I don't believe so, all we get are 50 ap capsules and a kitty's encouragement potion.
    Which is pretty common.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725

You're thinking about those Kitty Boxes.
  • MastaMasta
    Vindictus Rep: 840

It's a chance to get them from the warm welcome and you only get one per box.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    Masta wrote: »

It's a chance to get them from the warm welcome and you only get one per box.

some times (very rarely)